***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,066 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a meme, but the recappables guys have started to use it and that's what got me using it. I kind of like it as a term for thinking so far outside the box it's absurd.
bobinator
AG
I think there is *some* evidence, but it's not exactly rock solid. Probably the biggest evidence is that he seems borderline immortal.
Mozart Paintings
AG
do you work?
bobinator
AG
Haha, yeah, but on the computer mostly and it's mostly writing/responding so I write for 10-15 minutes, pop over here real quick for a couple of seconds and see if anyone's shared anything interesting, etc, etc.

I'm an efficient robot.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
bobinator said:

Haha, yeah, but on the computer mostly and it's mostly writing/responding so I write for 10-15 minutes, pop over here real quick for a couple of seconds and see if anyone's shared anything interesting, etc, etc.

I'm an efficient robot.

You're a host???
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bobinator
AG
I thought that '-ator' at the end made it pretty obvious...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Analysis.
Belton Ag
AG
In what kind of theme park is bobinator a host?
bobinator
AG
Given where I usually post, probably a theme park based on Reed Arena, though admittedly it would probably not be a very popular park.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Breggy Popup
AG
Why does a crappy Photoshop on top get the oh face?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I got a feeling what the song is going to be this week from the title description.
AgLiving06
Wow
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
William killing his daughter

RIP Teddy

That finale preview.
jabberwalkie09
AG
William killing his daughter... holy *****
TXAG14
William hid the copy of his profile in between a copy of Slaughterhouse-Five. Thought that was pretty cool detail.
AgEng06
AG
So call your shot... Is William a host or not?

I think I'm leaning yes, just due to the couple of times he was messing with his forearm.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think the bigger shock story-wise would be that he's human. I feel like they are doing that on purpose just to make us think he is a host.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I can definitely see that as well.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The lyrics to Hurt do pretty accurately describe William.

I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything
What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liars chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here
What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
If I could start again
A million miles away
I will keep myself
I would find a way
Brick Tamland
I think he doesn't know if he is or not, and that he's messing with his forearm because in his mind he thinks he's a host so he feels like something should be in his arm.
duck79
AG
In Teddy's dream speech I kept hoping he was going to break out Biggie lyrics "It was all a dream!!!"
AgLiving06
Brick Tamland said:

I think he doesn't know if he is or not, and that he's messing with his forearm because in his mind he thinks he's a host so he feels like something should be in his arm.

I agree. And I think that's why he is human. As he said in the conversation with his wife, he doesn't belong in the human world, he belongs in West World. However he doesn't belong in West World because he's not a robot.

Ad much as he tried, he never became a host.
bbattbq01
AG
I think if he really was a host ford wouldn't have had to talk to him through hosts? He could have just appeared like he did to Maeve and Bernard. But, then again... Ford likes to f with him, so who knows.
AgEng06
AG
duck79 said:

In Teddy's dream speech I kept hoping he was going to break out Biggie lyrics "It was all a dream!!!"

I actually said "I used to read Word Up magazine" out loud. My wife just laughed.
tk for tu juan
duck79 said:

Kick in tha door wavin the 44, all I hear is Teddy don't hit us no more
emtes
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Brick Tamland said:

I agree. And I think that's why he is human. As he said in the conversation with his wife, he doesn't belong in the human world, he belongs in West World. However he doesn't belong in West World because he's not a robot.

This is where I stand as well
emtes
AG
But what in the name of Robert Ford. What an episode! I had to watch e8 and 9 back to back from missing last week and I can't digest everything yet. Then the finale preview... wow wow wow
jabberwalkie09
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Brick Tamland said:

Agreed. He's blurred the lines so much at this point that he's questioning it subconsciously.

His admission that he doesn't belong in the real world, his history with the park and Dolores, and his stated desire to burn it all down is going to make the apparent reuniting with Dolores in the finale extremely interesting. That may be the biggest thing I'm looking forward to about the finale.

Also the preview looks like we're going to see Hector and Co again, not to mention Maeve appears to have entered Ultimate God Mode based upon the preview.
TV Casualty
AG
I don't know what to think about this one. The scene with Emily just seemed a bit off for some reason. It just didn't have a big impact on me. Maybe I was just expecting her to have a larger role in this season.

Obviously, they scanned William and he came back as human. We never actually saw the result of Emily's scan, but we are made to believe that she is human by every other indication.

I'm still not sure what Ford's plan has been for William. For much of this season it has seemed that Ford had a game for him, but it hasn't really gone anywhere. It seems like William is working against Ford's other plans so why has he allowed him to continue his journey?
TCTTS
AG
I thought the sheer, gut-punch emotion of the episode was stronger than the episode itself, if that makes any sense. More than anything, the preview for the finale is what blew my mind. It looks AMAZING.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TV Casualty said:

I don't know what to think about this one. The scene with Emily just seemed a bit off for some reason. It just didn't have a big impact on me. Maybe I was just expecting her to have a larger role in this season.

Obviously, they scanned William and he came back as human. We never actually saw the result of Emily's scan, but we are made to believe that she is human by every other indication.

I'm still not sure what Ford's plan has been for William. For much of this season it has seemed that Ford had a game for him, but it hasn't really gone anywhere. It seems like William is working against Ford's other plans so why has he allowed him to continue his journey?

Iirc, they've said that pain is part of the journey. While like you said we didn't see if they confirmed that Emily was a host or human, William's apparent guilt for his wife and now Emily drove him to the point of almost blowing his brains out. To me, it was the shock that he straight up shot her. He is so convinced that Ford is ****ing with him at every turn that he hasn't actually considered that it might have actually been his daughter.

I'm not sure that William is working against Ford's plan, but rather that William believes he is and that Ford has gently guided/delayed him according to his plan. If Bernard and Ford get to The Valley first and complete their mission, then If William destroys it all, that gives cover to whatever Ford and Bernard are going to do.
duck79
AG
I know this has been said but it is amazing how much Anthony Hopkins has been included this season for someone we were led to believe signed on for one year. They did a great job at keeping his involvement quiet.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
TV Casualty said:

I still need to go back and rewatch this episode but in my mind even though they scanned William I still don't think that rules out him being a host, although my guy currently tells me that he is likely human. I'm thinking this because it looked like the scanner was detecting the explosive charge in hosts' necks, so if he came up negative that would mean he either is indeed not a host, or simply a host without an explosive device.

Regardless, this was a great episode, had quite a few mind blowers for me (Rick and Morty reference, anyone?) and my mind will undoubtedly be preoccupied with Westworld until the finale next Sunday. I just hope no one around me expects any meaningful non-Westworld critical thinking from me until then.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.