***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,073 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wouldn't be so sure about even her. There's a split-second shot in the trailer for the finale that hints at something regarding her character that could mean one of two things...
TCTTS
AG
And for the record, I still think all the William-as-a-host stuff is a red herring on the part of the showrunners. I'd be shocked (and pissed) if he wasn't human.
bobinator
AG
TCTTS said:

I wouldn't be so sure about even her. There's a split-second shot in the trailer for the finale that hints at something regarding her character that could mean one of two things...
Yeaaaahhhh....

There's a small part of me that still thinks that literally nobody we've seen is actually human.
bobinator
AG
Related note, I'm finishing up this weekend's recappables theories podcast and meh, there's not much there for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Charlotte is Charlie
bobinator
AG
For fun, here are the yes/no 'lightning round' questions that the recappables did at the end of this week's podcast of all of the popular theories:

• Is William a host?
  • Was/is Emily a host?
  • Is Emily coming back in season 3?
  • Was/is Bernard being looped through time in the Cradle or the Forge?
  • Is Bernard on the beach actually Bernard?
  • Does Maeve have a lot more backstory with Akecheta than we've been told so far?
  • What is Delos' endgame? Simply selling immortality, or possibly replacing people in the real world? Something else?
  • Is anybody dying in the season finale?
  • Is Charlotte "Charlie"?
  • Is Teddy dead-dead, is Teddy in somebody else's body?

Where y'all at? For me:

- Yes
- no
- no
- yes
- no
- no
- I'm not sure on this one...
- I agree with them that Armistice is definitely going down, I think Hector might take the fall also.
- yes
- Teddy's consciousness will be put somewhere, but I'm not sure where yet
Teddy Perkins
AG
  • Is William a host? No
  • Was/is Emily a host? No
  • Is Emily coming back in season 3? No, unless you count flashbacks
  • Was/is Bernard being looped through time in the Cradle or the Forge? No
  • Is Bernard on the beach actually Bernard? Yes
  • Does Maeve have a lot more backstory with Akecheta than we've been told so far? No
  • What is Delos' endgame? Simply selling immortality, or possibly replacing people in the real world? Something else? Selling the data about the people that have visited the park a la Facebook
  • Is anybody dying in the season finale? Oh most definitely
  • Is Charlotte "Charlie"? No
  • Is Teddy dead-dead, is Teddy in somebody else's body? Teddy is dead-dead but there might be a copy of him in the Forge.
TCTTS
AG
Right there with you on all accounts, save for a question about Teddy/hosts in general...
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

This actually brings up something I've been wondering. Now that The Cradle is destroyed, when is a host actually DEAD? As long as their little CPU/brain cupcake thing isn't damaged, can't it just be put in a new body? Also, was The Cradle backing up their brains in real time via a cloud? Or were their brains just reset via The Cradle to their "base" memory/settings?

Teddy shot himself in the head, right? So, assuming the bullet went through his brain, he's DEAD dead, yes? But what if he had shot himself in the heart and "died"? He could still be brought back without The Cradle, correct?
bobinator
AG
I don't think the cradle backing up new data, why would it? In theory every time a host resets it resets all the way back, so the cradle version wouldn't need it be constantly backing up, it's just a copy of the original.

I think there's also a possibility that there are copies of the hosts minds in the Forge though, in the preview for the next episode we see Dolores seeing another Dolores.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, gotcha. Yeah, makes sense and that's a good point.
Independent George
AG
Man this season has been.... something. I think the main problem with some people losing interest in the show is the murky understanding we have of the intentions of the main characters. I have enjoyed the show of course and will continue to but it has been a weird experience to not really be able to "root" for anything so to speak.

Since we are posing questions, what is the general goal they are all hoping to accomplish?
  • Delores: Conquer this world, then go to the real world?
  • William: Win Ford game? Cleanse the taint? (sorry been reading WOT)
  • Maeve: Get her daughter back then figure it out from there?
  • Bernard: Shut it all down
  • Charlotte/Company: Get their data out the park.
  • Ford: no idea

I suppose all of these could be answered if we were more sure of what exactly is at the valley and what all it can do.
bobinator
AG
I think maybe Charlotte is my most confusing character in the show. I have never in human history heard of anyone this dedicated to the corporate cause. She must have a lot of equity tied up in the company.
bobinator
AG
I do think there's a decent chance though that perhaps Teddy doesn't know that though. He might shot himself in the head, but surely the cupcake thing part of the head is protected so that the core control unit isn't damaged, otherwise they'd be replacing all of those *******s all the time.

Like for an anology, maybe shooting himself in the head breaks the power cord, but if you fix the cord the lightbulb still works.
Complete Idiot
  • Is William a host? No
  • Was/is Emily a host? No
  • Is Emily coming back in season 3? No
  • Was/is Bernard being looped through time in the Cradle or the Forge? I think it's likely, can't get past him finishing that guy's sentence
  • Is Bernard on the beach actually Bernard? Yes
  • Does Maeve have a lot more backstory with Akecheta than we've been told so far? No
  • What is Delos' endgame? Simply selling immortality, or possibly replacing people in the real world? Something else? I think it's replacing people, show runner tip of the hat to Future World
  • Is anybody dying in the season finale? Yes, Old Bill will kill all
  • Is Charlotte "Charlie"? No
  • Is Teddy dead-dead, is Teddy in somebody else's body? dead dead

• Just a few more questions
  • Will Old Bill personally kill his Creator or have Delores or Bernard do it?
  • Will Old Bill be a wrathful ruler in The New World Order?
  • What body image will Old Bill assume? A Satyr?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Ya'll want to watch something good.

Showtime: Billions

Missed opportunity to post this....,

Bunk Moreland
I use it too much. I also was considering the Britney Haynes cringe but that's been my go-to for years too.
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

This actually brings up something I've been wondering. Now that The Cradle is destroyed, when is a host actually DEAD? As long as their little CPU/brain cupcake thing isn't damaged, can't it just be put in a new body? Also, was The Cradle backing up their brains in real time via a cloud? Or were their brains just reset via The Cradle to their "base" memory/settings?

Teddy shot himself in the head, right? So, assuming the bullet went through his brain, he's DEAD dead, yes? But what if he had shot himself in the heart and "died"? He could still be brought back without The Cradle, correct?
Teddy was floating in the water at the end of episode 1. I'm curious as to how he goes from being shot in the head in that old building to floating in the water with the rest of the hosts.
Buck O Five
AG
Maeve goes full Night King in the final episode and raises all the dead hosts in the lake for her army.
Buck O Five
AG
I don't really care who lives who dies, or do the hosts break free into the real world. We left season 1 with the premise that hosts can be conscious, and season 2 is a sandbox of every interesting scenario that could play out in the park:

- what if a conscious host tried to fight off humans and escape the park - Delores
- what if a conscious host decided to stay true to their cornerstone - Maeve
- what if a conscious host encountered another world with a completely different values system - Maeve
- what if a conscious host could learn to control other hosts - Maeve
- " " was programmed as a weapon by the humans - Clementine
- " " was reprogrammed against his will by another host that he trusts - Teddy
- " " was on the inside of the human's response and treated as human - Bernard
- what if a host's mind were hacked into and used in an unethical way - Bernard, Abernathy, Clementine
- what if the best human player in the game were trapped in the park with the deck stacked against them - MIB-
- what if a human player could no longer tell the difference between humans and hosts - MIB

By far the best scenario - what if a host achieved consciousness inside the park decades before without any human interference. What would they do, how would they act? - Akecheta

Regardless of how the plot ties together, we have a beautifully produced and acted show that has already given us all of these angles.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, it sounds like the finale may have premiered at some event oversees today, I think in London, for some reason. So browse cautiously over the next few days...
TCTTS
AG
Ok, yeah. At some kind of Sky Atlantic / BFI event. Five or so hours ago. Nolan and Joy were both there. No spoilers in these (extremely positive) reactions, but I'd definitely stay away from reddit and the like...

AgEng06
AG
Man, those tweets get me excited.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
AgEng06 said:

+1

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bobinator
Complete Idiot
I find myself intrigued.
tk for tu juan
AgEng06 said:

The tweets before The Last Jedi were also exciting...[/cold shower]
amercer
AG
I used to enjoy this thread, but I'm glad I haven't been keeping up with it. I guess everything interesting on this board is going to end up a pissing match with people who are disappointed with it in some way. I don't watch enough TV or movies to feel disappointed, affronted, or otherwise pissed off with the stories others chose to make. It's just a narrative after all.

Just watched the last two episodes. Freaking great TV. No idea where it's going, no interest in having an idea before the finale.
Counterpoint
AG
I'm off all entertainment sites until Sunday night if some lucky people have already seen this thing!

I hate when they say "You'll never believe who died on [name of show]. It's not who you expect!" and then there's a picture of the character who died by the caption.
AgLiving06
bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

Yeaaaahhhh....

There's a small part of me that still thinks that literally nobody we've seen is actually human.

There's a lingering part of me that wonders if it's all fake and part of the fidelity test of William.

My main logic is that William just killed 4 people. That's not a recipe for being a long term character.

So if it's all fake and his fidelity test, it can all be undone.

However if that's the case, I'm done with the show.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Belton Ag said:

TCTTS said:

Quote:

Teddy was floating in the water at the end of episode 1. I'm curious as to how he goes from being shot in the head in that old building to floating in the water with the rest of the hosts.

I was curious about that as well. The preview for the finale had a brief shot of boots laying in dirt that was starting to be overrun by water. (Or was that the beach?) Was the water all the hosts were floating in a known body of water? What if they flood some massive part of west world / the forge and those floaters were simply in the flood zone?
bobinator
AG
The wife and I tried to come up with the craziest theory that might make sense last night and mostly came up empty. We got back to the same "invasion of the body snatchers" type stuff I've talked about on here before.
bobinator
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

What if they flood some massive part of west world / the forge and those floaters were simply in the flood zone?
We already know that this is the case. Well... we know it as much as we ever know anything on this show. In the most-future timeline we see them surprised to find this body of water.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Ok thx couldn't recall if they were surprised or not.
bobinator
AG
I mean you can get really down a rabbit hole on if they're actually surprised... I still think something is definitely up with that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.