***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,074 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
emtes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was thinking the valley beyond was our world and the greatest mistake/weapon was the DNA project.
bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Could it be Dolores plans to reboot all the dead Confederados and change their settings?
This could actually make some sense if we assume that the hosts have to die before they join Dolores. Like her only way of acquiring allies is to kill them, change their code, and then wake them back up.

Like Ja said though, it doesn't make sense why she'd need to kill the ones who rode to the fort with her though, they should already be rebooted.
amercer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They keep referring to "The Valley Beyond", which seems to be related to whatever that weapon was.

The prevailing theory is that it was flooded and is now underwater.

My guess is Dolores reaching this place and flooding it will be a major event of the season.

But that's the lake Grace falls into with the tiger, so it's already full of water before Delores has a chance to get there.

Grace does stumble down a dam, so I guess there could be a wider area flooded around the lake that Grace was in.

Also, is the ghost nation guy that found Grace the one Delores killed (and who has his brain extracted in ep1) ?

As to Delores irrational plan, we still don't know just how free she is. I think that Maeve is a lot more in control of her actions than Delores is.
Leggo My Elko
AG
emtes said:

I was thinking the valley beyond was our world and the greatest mistake/weapon was the DNA project.
I was thinking that too, but in this episode, Delores has the conversation with host Bernard remembering the outside world with human Arnold. I don't think she'd refer to the valley beyond as the outside world and also talk about the outside world with Bernard in the way she did. I'm leaning now to the valley beyond being the location of the weapon which we know is flooded.
bobinator
AG
amercer said:

But that's the lake Grace falls into with the tiger, so it's already full of water before Delores has a chance to get there.

Grace does stumble down a dam, so I guess there could be a wider area flooded around the lake that Grace was in.

Also, is the ghost nation guy that found Grace the one Delores killed (and who has his brain extracted in ep2) ?
I don't think that's the same lake, though the geography of this season is somewhat confusing.

As for the last question... that's a good connection, but no, I just checked. The one who has his brain pulled out isn't one of the ones that finds Grace.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Quote:

I don't think that's the same lake,
But didn't they find the Tiger body when they were surveying the valley and the drowned hosts? Meaning it would have to be the same lake or was that at a different point?
bobinator
AG
That's at a different point. I think they're along a river.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TexjbA&M said:

Quote:

I don't think that's the same lake,
But didn't they find the Tiger body when they were surveying the valley and the drowned hosts? Meaning it would have to be the same lake or was that at a different point?

I thought it was a river that they traveled down.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Thanks for the clarification, those being different places is important.
aTmAg
AG
I've always wanted to see a movie where some ancient horde of A-holes (like the Mongols or something) get obliterated by B-52s, Abrams, LGBs, and whatnot. A sort of "Final Countdown', but where they actually go through with it. I could never think of a scenario where such a thing would happen and have the movie not suck. Last Sunday, I realized that Westworld would have the first scenario where such a thing would actually fit. I doubt it would happen, but damn I'd be a fan if it did.
bobinator
AG
The geography of the show this season is pretty confusing. Like I have no idea where Maeve and company are relative to anyone else now, for example.

But where they find the tiger and where all the hosts are drowned don't seem to be very far apart. They get the intel that all the hosts are in one place while they're at the Tiger and then they drive over to what they expect to be a valley which is where the hosts are in the sea.
Dro07
AG
We are close to having to make "Lost" maps again!
bobinator
AG
There actually is a map on the discoverwestworld website, but it's not very detailed.
emtes
AG
Friend of mine pointed out that on the delosdestinations webpage, there is a "Grace Ma" with Quality Assurance and HR. Could be Grace/tiger lady.... Could be a good reason why she wouldn't want to sleep with a host, as she potentially knows of the DNA project.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Every time QA is mentioned, I think of my own QA team at work. (I work in QA.) I get a kick out of it.

I'm pretty sure we could've done a better job taking that Fort, by the way.
bobinator
AG
I think the people on this thread could have come up with a better plan. The thing I can't get over is not really that the plan was that bad. You could do some narrative waves of the hand around that. They didn't know what the hosts were capable of, they miscounted how many there would be, whatever whatever. Which would still be kind of lame, but sure, whatever.

But I can't get over that a few of them got picked off and they weren't immediately like "okay this was a bad plan, everyone retreat and let's rethink this."
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think the better way to handle the battle would have been QA kicking ass and slaughtering the hosts while taking almost no casualties, THEN you have the dynamite plan which blows the **** out of QA. So you get a scenario that was working basically to QA's expectation -> they go in with what appears to be an organized and tactically reasonable approach and are cleaning things up as they expected to do vs. the sloppy exposed march-in where they are taking casualties right away. But then as they think they've got the thing just about wrapped up and expose themselves more at the end, they get surprised in an instant.
Liquid Wrench
Have we talked about the email from Aeden? Confirmed there are 3 more parks we don't know anything about.
bobinator
AG
I dunno about the email, but there are three parks that are still blank on delosdestinations.com. Earlier i played around and pulled the .mp4 for Park 5 out of the page's source code to see if I could slow down the frames and see something cool, but I couldn't tell anything.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Here is what I don't get. Why is Dolores slaughtering some Hosts and not others? I figured that she would get Bernard to bring back the entire confederate army back online, thereby having them think of her as some kind of God (similar to what she did originally with Craddock).

Instead it seems like she just was done with them after their battle.

I'm wondering if the writers were worried it would be hard for Dolores fans to root for her if her army if it was supplemented with confederate soldiers, even if they are just hosts.
bobinator
AG
There's a lot we don't know about that question. For one, it sure seems like most of Dolores' followers are the once-retired hosts from storage. How exactly did that happen?
ja86
AG
she stated in EP 2.1, not everybody is going to be worthy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any guesses on the other 3 parks?

Rome / Sparta
Egypt
Medieval
bobinator
AG
I still think one of them is going to be something completely wild. Working under the theory that each park scales up the experience of the one before it, I think one of them is going to have dinosaurs or mythological creatures or something weird.
bobinator
AG
ja86 said:

she stated in EP 2.1, not everybody is going to be worthy.
So what responsibility the 'awake' hosts have to the others is an interesting area that hasn't really been talked about much yet. Dolores seems to be on some hell-or-high-water mission where she's seemingly willing to basically let everyone die.

Maeve on the other hand doesn't seem to care about the big picture stuff going on at all.

If either one of them cared about trying to help the rest of the hosts you'd think one of the first things they would do is set up a system where if someone gets killed they repair them.
AgEng06
AG
And we've come full circle back to Jurassic Park and Crichton...

at least I think someone mentioned that earlier.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
A zombie world where we find out that everyone in The Walking Dead is actually a host.
bobinator
AG
I mentioned dragons a long time ago, but yeah.

If you had the ability to create animals that were very realistic but couldn't hurt you, wouldn't dinosaurs be one of the first ideas? Who wouldn't want to see that? Only thing better would be creating animals that never existed at all, unicorns, dragons, a pegasus, whatever.
emtes
AG
Game of Thrones World
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Westerosworld
bobinator
AG
I kind of like the idea of one of them being a WaterWorld. Obviously hunting is a big draw to RajWorld, why wouldn't fishing be? Guests can sail around to islands, be pirates, hunt whales, etc.
Liquid Wrench
bobinator said:

There's a lot we don't know about that question. For one, it sure seems like most of Dolores' followers are the once-retired hosts from storage. How exactly did that happen?
They went down into storage and got them.
bobinator
AG
Who did?
Punked Shank
AG
bobinator said:

I kind of like the idea of one of them being a WaterWorld. Obviously hunting is a big draw to RajWorld, why wouldn't fishing be? Guests can sail around to islands, be pirates, hunt whales, etc.

Caribbean World

RumWorld
emtes
AG
I think it was actually Maeve and Sizemore correct?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.