***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,028 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

it is the security guards not able to hit a friggin horse with an automatic weapon
That thought kept jumping in my mind in several scenes - shoot the horse you idiot!

Btw, sorry if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but did anyone notice that one of the QA guys who got killed was an Aggie class of '99?
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Btw, sorry if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but did anyone notice that one of the QA guys who got killed was an Aggie class of '99?
Here.
amercer
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

it is the security guards not able to hit a friggin horse with an automatic weapon
That thought kept jumping in my mind in several scenes - shoot the horse you idiot!

Robert C. Christian
AG
Westworld Creators Insist They Have An Ending In Mind, Aren't Just Making Things Up As They Go

This is a real article with an Onion headline.
bobinator
AG
Problem is that they say that, but then openly admit that the "Stubbs is a host" thing was written the night before they shot it.

So they might have an end in mind, but they are definitely making it up as they go also.
redline248
AG
Not that anyone cares, but I decided not to follow this thread during the season and only post after I watched the whole thing. I was worried someone would post something to the effect of "Man in Black is William" like in season 1 and ruin that reveal. Not that I'm against people theorizing, just a personal preference.

Well, I finally finished reading however many pages since episode 1, and man was there some crazy discussion. Couple people seemed to know more than they should have. I am personally glad that Hale was not Charlie. I don't know how anyone thought that made sense.

I think the issue with this show, which I still thought was great, is that there are so many little details that multiple viewings are needed to sort through the timelines. At least in some instances.

Knowing that Hale was Dolores at the end really put a fun spin (when looking back) to how she answered Bernard's "oh God, you killed her!" Of course he was talking about Elsie (RIP ), but Halores thinks he's talking about the Dolores body. "Did I Bernard?" Superb.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

So they might have an end in mind, but they are definitely making it up as they go also.

No doubt about that. I had read some interviews (and an AMA) with Nolan and Joy about midway through the season that shattered any expectations I might have had about a coherent end game from start to finish. The show is pretty, but it's not literature in motion.
amercer
AG
Unless HBO wrote them a check for 5 seasons up front I don't know why you would expect anything else. Time is money, and you aren't getting a group of writers to put down a bunch of seasons in advance if you might get canceled after season one. Even if you did, the people making the show are the creative geniuses, so most of the stuff they dream up the night before is probably pretty awesome even if if differs from thier long held plan.

Again, I don't see how worrying about the sausage making is at all important. Would Attack of the Clones be any better if you knew Lucas had written the whole thing out in 1977?
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Again, I don't see how worrying about the sausage making is at all important. Would Attack of the Clones be any better if you knew Lucas had written the whole thing out in 1977?

Feel free to ignore my comments. I don't need a parent telling me to shut up and watch the TV.
claym711
AG
Triggered
Liquid Wrench
Not anything personal, I promise. I just find it odd on an entertainment board that some people don't want us to talk about anything besides how awesome the product is. I didn't think any of us were getting paid to post here (though that would be great considering my post count).
amercer
AG
claym711 said:

Triggered

Apparently.

Damn Gina.

I'm not telling you to like the show. I'm saying that the show is either good or it isn't, you either like it or you don't. When and how the creators came up with the story is irrelevant to that.

If you didn't like Stubbs as a host, then you wouldn't have liked it if they had it in mind before season one filmed.

I liked it because I think it adds a cool dimension to his and Bernard's interactions in both season one and two.

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Apparently.

Damn Gina.
You gave me a pedantic lecture on how to watch TV and now you're calling me a vagina?

Very impressive.
amercer
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=damn%2bgina&=true

AgEng06
AG
amercer
AG
Sometimes I forget that I'm probably 20 years older than most of the posters on here....
bobinator
AG
amercer said:

I'm not telling you to like the show. I'm saying that the show is either good or it isn't, you either like it or you don't. When and how the creators came up with the story is irrelevant to that.

If you didn't like Stubbs as a host, then you wouldn't have liked it if they had it in mind before season one filmed.

I liked it because I think it adds a cool dimension to his and Bernard's interactions in both season one and two.
I don't think this is necessarily true. I like the show, and still think they did some dumb stuff this season because they didn't seem to think through it enough.

Also, what we're talking about is that article where the headline was "they're not making it up as we go along" despite also admitting that they are, in some ways, definitely making it up as they go along.
redline248
AG
Hell, I was in middle school when that show was on.

Edit: maybe your lack of punctuation confused him
Liquid Wrench
Thank you. Back on topic.
amercer
AG
I guess I just figured all TV is made up as they go. It's more egregious that the Star Wars movies don't have a master plan, but again if the movies are good no one will care.

Whatever, not trying to start **** or anything. Talk about the creative process all you like.
Liquid Wrench
I understand your 'Gina' reference now. That word was also used as Texags shortahnd for the anatomy part for years, so I mistakenly thought you meant that.

Anyway, some of us like talking about how the sausage is made.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I mean we can debate the value of "making it up as you go," we were just pointing out that you can't say you aren't doing that in one interview while admitting you are in another.

My biggest problem with the Stubbs bit is that it seemed completely unnecessary in a season that already seemed to have too much going on.

But the bigger issue with them making stuff up as they go is that when you make the show's plot itself confusing, and invite people to pick through the details to try and figure it out, then the details matter.

I think the recappables guys said it best in that you'd like the creators of the show to seem to put as much thought into things as the people watching the show, but it's pretty clear that, at times, they don't.
Liquid Wrench
I think they have an overarching theme more than a plot. The Julian Jaynes theory stuff really fascinates me and I think they've done it very well at times, which is no small achievement. But I don't think they care about the plot as much as the viewers do. They've stepped on so much of their own story that I almost wonder if they watched season 1 before writing season 2. And they've admitted that a lot of the things we've talked about were done simply because they thought it looked cool at the moment.
TCTTS
AG
Probably too early for a season three thread, as it won't hit 'til 2020, but an interesting addition for sure...

Dro07
AG
Weird... didn't realize there was a real need for season 3
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These violent b!*ches have violent ends.
tk for tu juan
They mentioned during the first season that they have a five season arc planned out.
TCTTS
AG
dromo07 said:

Weird... didn't realize there was a real need for season 3

Really? The entire final scene (pre-creits) was blatant set-up for the third season, which we also discussed at length in this thread.
Dro07
AG
More like tongue in cheek. Season didn't end as a real cliff hanger like last season 1. The whole Bernard and Deloris fighting out in the real world doesn't sound as appealing but that just maybe me.
PatAg
AG
I thought you were making a need for speed reference, gave you too much credit.
DB Coach
AG
2020???!!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
................... B I T C H ! ! ! !
TCTTS
AG
Season one was fall 2016, season two was spring 2018. The showrunners have said that it takes at least a year and half to make a new season. That, and HBO's 2019 slate is already packed. But if they're already casting, I imagine season three will at least be early 2020.
SWCBonfire
AG
dromo07 said:

More like tongue in cheek. Season didn't end as a real cliff hanger like last season 1. The whole Bernard and Deloris fighting out in the real world doesn't sound as appealing but that just maybe me.

It's not just you.

I guess the show is going to change its name to "_ World", because it looks like they've given up completely on the western part.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.