***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,059 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Txgunrnnr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

So, what y'alls opinion of this video?
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
bobinator
AG
I don't think the end result is going to be William going into a younger William's body, but I do like the way he sums up Dolores and William's relationship, I think a lot of that has been forgotten this season because the two haven't interacted much yet, but I do think their fates are intertwined. So I sort of like the way he lays out his evidence, I just don't like his conclusion.

I was workshopping a really wild theory that Teddy is actually "The door" that would be similar to this one that maybe William's consciousness merges with Teddy's later since it seems Teddy is based off the young William anyway.

This theory was mostly based on the fact that "the door" and "Theodore" are pretty similar, but then I figured that no way is a central plot point of two different HBO shows going to revolve around the pronunciation of the phrase "the door."

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of the name "Teddy Flood".
bobinator
AG
Yeah, that's kind of where I was going. He is somehow both the door and the flood... But that seems a little too on the nose for this show.
WaltonAg18
AG
bobinator said:

TX_AG_10 said:

Didn't Abernathy seem to clear up right away once Ford was out of the Cradle? Could Ford have been in/apart of Abernathy? Maybe that's what caused Abernathy to degrade..
I don't think these two events were related, even though they happened close to each other. We've seen previously (at the fort) that Abernathy will have occasional moments of clarity when Dolores is around.

If he would have cleared up completely then Dolores wouldn't have needed to pull his control unit out of his head.
Good point. She pulled it because it has the encryption key for the encryption key for whatever super massive weapon. But I still hate the moments of weakness she shows for him, there was no reason for her to stop her murder of Hale, especially when she was about to kill the guy anyway.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
Joseph Parrish
AG
YoungWaltonAg18 said:

Good point. She pulled it because it has the encryption key for the encryption key for whatever super massive weapon. But I still hate the moments of weakness she shows for him, there was no reason for her to stop her murder of Hale, especially when she was about to kill the guy anyway.
Yeah, I hate how these shows make it so characters can't miss a shot on a rando...but miss every damn shot on a character with actual lines.
bobinator
AG
Disagree there, I actually think the cracks in Dolores' personality are the most interesting part of her character. She knows what she has to do (even if we don't...) but it doesn't make it any easier to do the things she has to do (change Teddy, cut her own dad's skull off, etc) to do it because the emotion she feels for those people is real.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

MW03
AG
Hello friends. Time for another installment of "MW03 not reading anything but watching anyway." Some thoughts from an uninformed viewer:

• First and foremost, I'm enjoying the season immensely, but it's really hard to keep up with everything. I'm sure I'm missing stuff here and there, but I'm confident in the Westworld boys to bring it around and wrap it all up for me.
  • I'm curious to see how the Bernard/Ford combo platter wraps up. Clearly, the scene with Hale happened after the scene when Ford leaped in like his name was Scott Bakula (half disappointed I didn't get an "Oh brother" when Bernard looked in the window, but alas), so that means Ford was present for all the "analysis" intel gathering. I'm excited to see what trap Ford has laid for them in that sector.
  • I'm still having a little trouble with the timeline. When they found Bernard on the beach, bald badass guy was treating him like he wasn't a host. But they discovered all the hosts dead in the water, including Teddy I think. Teddy is currently booting around with Delores and Daddy Abernathy, and both Hale and baldy known Bernard is a host. So I'm a little lost on how to sync up them finding Bernard after some event and not knowing he's a host, unless they are just playing dumb or something.
  • I still feel disconnected from Maeve and her story line. I know I was supposed to care deeply about that kid getting ripped away, and I did feel something for her when she strolled up and the kid had a totally predictable new host mommy, but I just have a hard time being empathetic about her story. Also, what happened to Hector during that scene? I digress.
  • Best "sub" story line going for me right now is Teddy v. Delores. She didn't give Teddy a chance to chose his own fate, and she's treating him like a host. Maeve threw that in her face and I think it bit a little. Teddy has replaced the man in black as the best thing going for Westworld.
  • Speaking of the Man in Black, how are these story lines supposed to converge? I guess you have William, now shot like 100 times, racing Delores the Mad Cap and Deloss to the Valley, which he supposedly was integral in building as he gloated to Delores about it. Delores said William was dumb for showing it to her. William later called it his biggest mistake. Thinking the Ford/Bernard conversation has everything to do with it as well. I suppose that "valley" could be the culmination of the project Ford/Bernard were discussing. Based on the cradle scene, we know hosts brains can be popped out and put back in. I assume they could swap bodies without much trouble. Maybe Delores ends up in a William clone they are keeping in cold storage in the valley and then trots out into the real world. That would explain by Williams wants to destroy it, and I guess why Deloss would want to save it.
  • More samurais, more shots of Delores riding horses, more shots of the fembot that pulled the grenade. I hope they backed her up.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Theodore Flood. Teddy dies in the flooded valley and his name spells The Flood. I hope that's not a thing. Way too cheesy.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Theodore Flood. Teddy dies in the flooded valley and his name spells The Flood. I hope that's not a thing. Way too cheesy.
more than that...

Odore is Italian for Odor or smell...... so

TheOdore Flood is The odor of the flood.
JJxvi
AG
JJxvi said:

I wonder if Delores/Wyatt intends to destroy the cradle and its data backups, essentially making the robots (whichever ones still are alive) the only copies left of themselves, so basically they would only exist in real, tangible forms, could never have their default's written back over their brains etc.
I give myself 10 points.
JJxvi
AG
The scene of how the cradle was destroyed gives the assault on the fort a solid run for its money. It was almost like they wanted to create a dual scene where this human does a dumb irrational thing followed by a similar scene where Dolores acts irrationally because of her father (or is tempted to) but my God did they lose sight of just how ****ing unbelievable that scene was. And also that was the whole plan to destroy the cradle? Foolproof! I guess they knew that only one guy would show up and he'd be the dumbest mother****er ever and not just kill that chick on the spot. The robots must have a copy of the script.
JJxvi
AG
I'm sure there some crazy explanation we can rationalize like they knew exactly how that one specific guy would react and they let him get through or whatever on purpose. But still, they murdered like hundreds of these guys. Step 1: Kill a guy, Step 2: Take one of his grenades, Step 3: toss it at the cradle from a safe distance. Seems like that could have been much more plausible solution. Instead that one host is probably pretty dead now, having also just destroyed her own backup copy. Brilliant. Way to take one for the team.
bobinator
AG
I'll take a stab at trying to make this scene not quite as ridiculous because it didn't really bother me all that much. She had already been shot and was clearly bleeding a lot so maybe she was already critically injured and her plan was to stay behind and blow up the cradle. She could have done it any number of ways, and would have, but she could sense that this guy was interested in her. Maybe he's never been to the park? So far he's just been pointing and shooting, he hadn't really talked to a host yet, and she could tell (because that's what she was designed to do).

So, did that whole dramatic scene, just because she felt like it, because she knew she was going to die anyway and could seduce one last human, but this time as a free robot, for her own purposes.

And if it didn't work, she'd have just shot him and blown the place up anyway.
Malcolm52
AG
Well at least you gave it the old college try
JJxvi
AG
I remember back when times were simpler, a host was the one copy of himself, and if he started ****ing up too bad, it got him with a drill through the nose and a one way trip to stand around with hundreds of his closest friends in a humid ass warehouse. Now it turns out they could have just swapped out the brain at any time with a fresh one that had never had anything bad happen to them, but I guess that was a secret even to the people working there except the higher ups?
bobinator
AG
Malcolm52 said:

Well at least you gave it the old college try
It was worth an effort. After the scenes at the fort and the QA team in general I'm just assuming they're all terrible at their jobs so this episode didn't bother me this much maybe because I'm expecting it now.

I've been listening to the "Revolutions" podcast lately and maybe it's like the first british civil war, so few people have ever actually been in a conflict that they're almost all awful at it.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Quick side track, how is that podcast? Enjoyed History of Rome, and was thinking if adding this one to my list.
bobinator
AG
I'm only like five episodes in. I like it so far. I've never cared much for British History (I feel like there's not a lot of new ground there...) which is where this story starts, but I'm into it.
bobinator
AG
So more to the point, on the recappables theories podcast they're basically all in on Charlotte Hale being Arnold's "son." IIRC there's been some discussion about this possibility on here, but not a lot.

Anybody buying that? Charlotte/Charlie, would explain her weird interactions with Bernard maybe?
Txgunrnnr
AG
So, Charlotte is a host? Or instead of a son, he really had a daughter?
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
bobinator
AG
Daughter instead of a son, the idea is basically that she knows the real Arnold.
Belton Ag
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The name Theodore derives from the Greek words for "God given." I assume it's some kind of religious symbolism.

Also, Delores is a variation of the Spanish dolores, which means pain or sorrows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This shot was greatness.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I haven't had a chance to really catch up on the thread, but has anyone asked if Ford is still with Bernard in the present timeline? The guy said that Bernard was trying to fix his memory while Charlotte was talking to him, but I guess I wasn't sure if it was because of Ford or if it was his past issue where he needed that fluid injection.

And that was a hell of a lot to take in for one episode. While I'm liking the look into the Ghost Nation, I hope they have more left in the tank for the season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As TC mentioned earlier alluding to the Richard episode of LOST, I think next episode is going to cover the ENTIRE known timeline so far, from when the park opened to present day, from the perspective of Ghost Nation.

Should be pretty interesting.
TCTTS
AG
I've rewatched that preview a couple times now and that sounds about right. Can't wait.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

As TC mentioned earlier alluding to the Richard episode of LOST, I think next episode is going to cover the ENTIRE known timeline so far, from when the park opened to present day, from the perspective of Ghost Nation.

Should be pretty interesting.
that would be awesome followed by

Ep. 9 - some penultimate episode where all the S hits the fan and mostly resolved
Ep. 10 - culmination and then setup for the next season and beyond

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
amercer
AG
I've got to stop falling behind. Holy balls a lot happened the last two episodes.
amercer
AG
Beach Bernard is after the cradle, but before they find the room full of Bernards.

Bernard wakes up on the beach, they see the flood, go back to the Mesa, at some point Delos guys find Fords house and realized that someone bashed Theresa's head in. That's when the find the room o Bernard and figure out he's a host.

The part that *maybe* could make it a loop is that they are headed back to the flood zone to look for Abernethy's brain. So *maybe* they do that by waking Bernard on the beach again.

I would like to know why beach Bernard is still leaking fluid after traveling to a couple with Elise sites where he could have been fixed.

Also "real" Bernard could have been left in the cradle, which I assume is backed up somewhere since it's only 1/3 of Delos IP.

Also, also, it seems virtual Delores molding Bernard helped her wake up. Since the virtual backups get uploaded into resurrected hosts, the Delores consciousness was a little different every time (as opposed to the other hosts who are looping in the cradle)
LHIOB
AG
Did anyone else get a Darth Vader feel when Delores entered the room and came down the ramp? There was smoke and her flowing dress just like Vader's cape in the opening scene of A New Hope.
bobinator
AG
Anyone have predictions on for the ghost nation episode?

I'm still sticking with they were the original "free" hosts, then either whoever created them either changed their mind or died, they were then "enslaved" and now they're free again and they remember everything that's happened.

That's as far as I've gotten on a semi-cohesive theory.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.