***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,052 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I pretty effectively derailed it already, but we're still more than three weeks away from the premiere so I don't feel bad.

Getting shot out into space would definitely be awesome.
gigemags-99
AG
LHIOB said:

Rob: Songs at my funeral: "Many Rivers to Cross" by Jimmy Cliff, "Angel" by Aretha Franklin, and I've always had this fantasy that some beautiful, tearful woman would insist on "You're the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me" by Gladys Knight. But who would that woman be?

Having a hot leading lady show up would cause even more hilarious confusion. She wouldn't even have to sing. Just show up, cry, maybe glance at your crotch for a second and say "I'll miss that most of all", and walk out.

I could see Emma Stone being up for it.
jdgilberg
AG
I believe this is also a Nick Swardson bit and the celebrity is John Stamos
TCTTS
AG
Damn. If it's an idea that's already out there in pop culture that makes it a lot tougher to navigate.
TCTTS
AG
Getting back on subject, I finally had the chance to watch the trailer and holy sh*t this season looks fantastic. The hosts not only have a new found confidence but seemingly the stroytelling/filmmaking does as well. There's something about this season/trailer that comes across as more cinematic and sure of itself, something that wasn't quite there last year. Either way, my anticipation level somehow shot up even more after that.
TCTTS
AG
MW03 said:

Tangentially, that song always makes me think of this old Wayne's World sketch

Ha, right there with you. For 20 years I havent not thought of that sketch every time I hear that song.
PatAg
AG
Prophet00 said:

Like John Stamos?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/m0gipk/stand-up-nick-swardson--funeral
So did Bob hear this standup in the past, forgot he watched it, and 'came up' with the idea on his own years later?
bobinator
AG
PatAg said:

Prophet00 said:

Like John Stamos?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/m0gipk/stand-up-nick-swardson--funeral
So did Bob hear this standup in the past, forgot he watched it, and 'came up' with the idea on his own years later?
So admittedly this is possible. I don't remember watching a Nick Swardson standup, but when we were wasted in college a lot of times we'd throw a standup on TV, so it's entirely plausible this is what happened.

But the idea has also sort of been an evolution of ideas on my end. I used to date this girl and we went to a wedding where they had a table of photos of loved ones that had passed away. Which I thought was INSANE, but apparently is fairly normal. So after that I started joking that if we got married I was going to put Paul Walker's photo on a table like that (I'm a huge Fast and the Furious fan) along with one or two other celebrities who aren't actually dead just to mess with people.

But that wouldn't be as good because people could just ask me what the deal with the Paul Walker photo was, so the idea sort of morphed into thinking it would be way better to do it the other way around where I'm the dead person and the celebrity is the one remembering me.

bobinator
AG
TCTTS said:

Getting back on subject, I finally had the chance to watch the trailer and holy sh*t this season looks fantastic. The hosts not only have a new found confidence but seemingly the stroytelling/filmmaking does as well. There's something about this season/trailer that comes across as more cinematic and sure of itself, something that wasn't quite there last year. Either way, my anticipation level somehow shot up even more after that.
The trailer made me realize how badly I need to rewatch the first season to get all my mental ducks in a row before we take off again.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

The trailer made me realize how badly I need to rewatch the first season to get all my mental ducks in a row before we take off again.

I'd like to see a chronological order - like they did with Godfather Saga and later HBOs Godfather Epic - where everything is shown in order it occured. I have seen a short recap that shows Westworld S1 highlights in that way but I'd love to see the whole series like that.

Sure it removes some of the mystery but might also clear things up in my head.

LHIOB
AG
I started a rewatch a while ago and after each episode I would listen to a recap podcast which helped get the story straight.
jdgilberg
AG
The one on RHAP with Josh Wigler? Thats the one I'm planning on listening to when I do my rewatch.

If so is it a good one?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Just too good.
LHIOB
AG
jdgilberg said:

The one on RHAP with Josh Wigler? Thats the one I'm planning on listening to when I do my rewatch.

If so is it a good one?

Thats the one. If you enjoy other podcats with Rob and Josh you will enjoy.
tk for tu juan
With the shot of Dolores in the City, is that a flashback that will lead to how the outside world photo made it back to her farm? Maybe the start of William getting to do what ever he wants at Westworld by taking Dolores home briefly?
LHIOB
AG
tk for tu juan said:

With the shot of Dolores in the City, is that a flashback that will lead to how the outside world photo made it back to her farm? Maybe the start of William getting to do what ever he wants at Westworld by taking Dolores home briefly?

I didnt expect to see Young William in S2. I like this theory.
redline248
AG
I thought season 1 revealed that photo to be young William's and he dropped it at some point?

Was there another photo?
Liquid Wrench
*n/m, I misread your comment.

One possibility of Young William is that Delores is still having reveries or whatever and imagining him with her.
bobinator
AG
It's funny rewatching season 1 (we watched the first five episodes over the weekend) how obvious the two-timeline thing is now. I didn't buy into it at first, I think it was two episodes before I bought in, and some people on here didn't buy into it until the very end when it was confirmed in the show.

Like literally the cut to the first scene with William on the train into the park starts is from a scene Delores and then a voiceover saying "remember."
Al Bula
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just too good.
EPIC
maca1028
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just too good.

The music alone has me pumped!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

I'd like to see a chronological order - like they did with Godfather Saga and later HBOs Godfather Epic - where everything is shown in order it occured. I have seen a short recap that shows Westworld S1 highlights in that way but I'd love to see the whole series like that.

Sure it removes some of the mystery but might also clear things up in my head.

https://theoutline.com/post/637/westworld-recut-into-single-timeline?zd=1&zi=vnk6kmup

It's not perfect, but if you're looking for a refresher this might help. It's all of season 1 put into the linear timeline. It's an hour and a half long because it's sped up a bit and they cut some side stuff out
TCTTS
AG
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Will watch before the S2 premiere, as I definitely need a refresher.

Also, here's the direct link...

https://oxmwk4hjd.blob.core.windows.net/o8z73h/w.m3u8
TCTTS
AG
So THIS is a unique approach...

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/8aztn4/we_are_westworld_cocreatorsexecutive/dx330b3/
TCTTS
AG
I'm kind of worried about following this thread throughout the season now. Inevitably, that post will get 1000 upvotes (it's already over halfway there), certain people on this board will no doubt watch the video, and then anyone's speculation from that point on becomes dubious... i.e. are they really speculating or did they watch the video?

I get the strategy behind this, but man, this really kind of takes the fun out of it too.
redline248
AG
If they opt for that tactic, they should just release the whole thing at once, a la netflix
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Based on your posting history regarding spoilers, I assume you're including yourself in that "certain people" group.
TCTTS
AG
Legit spoilers.

Not even-though-it's-in-the-trailers-I'm-going-to-be-difficult-and-make-everyone-cater-to-me "spoilers."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But didn't you once say you don't mind reading scripts before the movie, or hearing spoilers because they are meaningless out of context?

Just figured if HBO made it available, you'd watch it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The last game of thrones season had parts of the plot leak and people couldn't help themselves and posted their "theories" which actually were true things they read. I don't feel like this will go any differently.
TCTTS
AG
What's so odd about this is that in relation to the total viewing audience, the percentage of people who even pay attention to spoilers is so incredibly small, all things considered. Heck, J.J. Abrams could release the Episode IX script tomorrow and by the time the movie hits theaters I'd bet that maybe 5% of the eventual movie-going audience would have read it by then, much less know that it was even released. Content creators and pop culture as a whole places way too much influence on spoiler culture. Audiences are so massive and diverse that the vast majority of them are completely unaware of stuff like this.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

What's so odd about this is that in relation to the total viewing audience, the percentage of people who even pay attention to spoilers is so incredibly small, all things considered. Heck, J.J. Abrams could release the Episode IX script tomorrow and by the time the movie hits theaters I'd bet that maybe 5% of the eventual movie-going audience would have read it by then, much less know that it was even released. Content creators and pop culture as a whole places way too much influence on spoiler culture. Audiences are so massive and diverse that the vast majority of them are completely unaware of stuff like this.
That seems more like an opinion than anything based on hard data. I would say 5% actively seek out spoilers might be accurate.
LHIOB
AG
Well this sucks. I enjoy discussion threads because you can really learn a whole and get a different perspective. I guess Ill just still to podcasts and group texts...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.