***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,070 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I honestly expected the daughter to age every time they showed her.
SeattleAgJr
1. I love Anthony Hopkins. His mannerisms when he acts. The way he moves his eyes.
He is always mesmerizing to watch. Although a joke comment, I could watch him read a phone book.
2. This show is full of itself. The showrunners are not as clever as they think they are.
3. I said it earlier. I want see if they can handle a linear narrative for a season without any of the garbage time jumping.
4. Hopkins better be back.
Dro07
AG
This show is over. No need for a 3rd season.
TV Casualty
AG
I thought it went about the same as this whole season has been. Interesting at parts and kind of sloppy at other times.

Most of the major moments of this season have just not hit home with me.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dromo07 said:

well... who says she is not a robot too... ala

Arnold built and tested Dolores
later Dolores built and tested Bernard
and we saw real William testing Delos
and now Emily testing William

so maybe real William built Emily and now robo Emily is testing older robo William

it's the circle of robot-life.

Al Bula
AG
I am on the fence about another season. That post credits scene was awesome but most of season 2 was too all over the place. I appreciate the non-linear story though. I really don't wanna see Bernard vs Dolores in the real world. I'll watch though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I guess we have to see if Dolores uploaded Skynet... er the system and the machines taken over.

To a degree this had an air about it like Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight in that Dolores recognized she needed someone to be a kind of a mirror to her villainy...
Koldus131
AG
They've abondoned everything that made season 1 so good. Tonight was such a letdown. I don't need one giant riddle that's constantly changing and has tons of holes, just give me a good show.

Very disappointing
SeattleAgJr
dromo07 said:

This show is over. No need for a 3rd season.
I agree. I would be fine if it was done. I will watch a 3rd season, but I do not want a third season.
Hickory High
AG
#1 said:

I might be the minority... or the majority, but I was so disappointed in this season. Aside from the Deloss/Nightmarish episode, the season was bad. And that's unfortunate because I loved the first season.
Yep. Looking back on it now, I think the only thing that kept me coming back each week was the hope that maybe, just maybe, the newest episode would help me to understand what the hell is going on in the show. But it didn't. Just made everything worse.

Not all that interested in Season 3 at this point.
bobinator
AG
Man... That's a lot to process...

I think I loved it though.
Dro07
AG
Ya but had they had her get older you could have had a time jump in the show if they do end up with a season 3.
Complete Idiot
I enjoyed watching the season but my synopsis is

Good acting
Good cinematography
Interesting world created
Intriguing philosophical questions raised

Storyline writing just a bunch of jobbledygook

I'd watch season 3, I think - not excited
DannyDuberstein
AG
Can't say I'm surprised that the finale still involved some timeline confusion and leaves almost as many questions as it started with. Some of them just different questions.

All in all, I still enjoyed the season. But I also still think they screwed up with the overly convoluted timelines and messed up Bernard.

Really don't like the post-credit stuff for a show like this. So gimmicky
Dro07
AG
When Bernard left his house at the end I was reminded of lost for some reason.
Koldus131
AG
Complete Idiot said:

I enjoyed watching the season but my synopsis is

Good acting
Good cinematography
Interesting world created
Intriguing philosophical questions raised

Storyline writing just a bunch of jobbledygook

I'd watch season 3, I think - not excited

You hit the nail on the head
SeattleAgJr
This.... helps a little:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/westworld-season-2-finale-explained-lisa-joy-season-3-1122744
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Found this season 3 related interview just now - published the minute the episode ended.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/westworld-season-2-finale-spoilers-season-3-man-in-black-reality-lisa-joy-interview-1202416356/

Wait a second, isn't Dolores in Charlotte? Why are they standing together in the end?

JOY: What Dolores has done is that she's smuggled herself out of the park while impersonating Hale. She has put herself back into her body, and yet Hale is still there. The question is where is Hale now? And that's a question we'll be visiting next season.

As Charlotte buzzes away from the island, in a bag she carries several pearls from The Forge.

JOY: In those pearls are a handful of hosts that she is smuggling out of the park. Which hosts they are, we'll be exploring.

We see the Man in Black digging in his arm, and he's not in a lot of pain. Does that make him a host? We see that there's actually a back-up of him that exists.

JOY: This season we've been seeing him in a lot of pain and as he digs into his arm, he suffers from madness. He himself doesn't know if he's a host or not. We've basically had two time lines this season in the classic film noir structure. We've seen him playing the game and figuring his footsteps to the Valley Beyond, but he's become confused on his side of reality, questioning his nature. If you immerse yourself in the game for too long, do you lose the sense of what is real and not real? He struggles with this and it leads to the moment where he kills his daughter Emily thinking she might be a host. He was in fact mistaken, and he's digging into his own skin for answers and doesn't find any wires by the time Dolores arrives. By the end of this time line, he's being shipped out into the real world. He did kill his own daughter, he's in the prison of his own skin, locked in his own confusion and guilt.

The chapter that occurs after the credits [editor's note: Where the Man in Black arrives in an apartment that looks a lot like the one that housed android James Delos being interrogated by daughter Emily as though she is the human, and he the robot] is a little piece of what to come in the future. It gives full closure of the timelines by validating what happened in the park as the Man in Black leaves.

And Bernard?

JOY: He's leaving his home in the end to be in the real world. Dolores is being totally upfront with him. That they escaped the park, and even if they're working as foes, it will take both of them to survive. The real world is what we're investigating next season.

Tessa Thompson told Deadline at the beginning of the season that "women rule supreme this season, it's all about the women". That said, how much did the Time's Up era inspire the season 2 writers' room?

JOY: By the time Time's Up started as a movement we had written all the scripts and were shooting. I'm inspired by that movement today and every day. The series is a reflection of a movement that's been occurring in society before Time's Up. It's been women struggling in all forms of oppression, there's been networks to cope with it, and there's been a lot of suffering. The fact is that I'm a human being alive in the world and I'm a woman and I know these things. I've been affected by them. Fiction has always been a way of examining society and its flaws and trying to expose them. You find pains and struggles reflected in art.

Human-wisewho's even alive? There was a big bloodbath. Even the noble Delos tech employee Elsie was shot dead. Lee Sizemore is dead. Ashley Stubbs looks like he's alive.

JOY: There is management outside of the park. Like any corporation, the brass isn't centralized at the business operation. There's more people to meet. Sylvester (Ptolemy Slocum) and Lutz (Leonardo Nam) survived, good on them. The series deals with a large period of time, and in a story about A.I. you'll say goodbye to humans along the way.

We see all these James Delos hosts. Will they be walking around in season 3?

JOY: They weren't physical copies, but occurring in this digital space that Dolores and Bernard entered. As we saw in episode 4, the mind tended to reject their bodies when bringing these humans back to life. He went insane and that hasn't worked thus.

bobinator
AG
Yeah, after a few minutes of talking it out with the wife, I really liked the finale. It doesn't make some of the stuff that happened earlier make any more sense, but overall I'm happy with how the season turned out.
WaltonAg18
AG
I imagine most of the people complaining here will be a little more pleased whenever someone makes a linear master cut of everything.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
Breggy Popup
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

dromo07 said:

well... who says she is not a robot too... ala

Arnold built and tested Dolores
later Dolores built and tested Bernard
and we saw real William testing Delos
and now Emily testing William

so maybe real William built Emily and now robo Emily is testing older robo William

it's the circle of robot-life.

Pretty sure we saw dead Emily on the beach so tester Emily had to have been a host right?

What if Delores rebuilt Emily and is now trying to rebuild William?
Dro07
AG
We saw "Emily" next to all the other dead hosts... so tech it could have been a host version of her dead on the beach.
bobinator
AG
I think that scene happened way into the future and we aren't going to know the deal there for some time. I think they're both recreations.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Looking forward to all the hints that Delores was Hale from those that do a re-watch.
emtes
AG
Is Stubbs a host??
Dro07
AG
Sure seemed like it but heck if I know.
Dro07
AG
So really there are 3 time lines again. Part of if was before the flood, then after the flood and the last is host William viable Loop?
bobinator
AG
I don't think he is, he's just on the side of the hosts and always has been.
oragator
dromo07 said:

So really there are 3 time lines again. Part of if was before the flood, then after the flood and the last is host William viable Loop?
This is the thing that didn't make sense, not sure what I missed.
If Bernard killed Delores and left, how was the room not flooded when they went back? And how did Bernard end up on the beach in episode one in the first place?
amercer
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
The whole "i need you, an adversary, in the real world" is such a weakly contrived motivation to bring Bernard along.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
oragator said:

dromo07 said:

This is the thing that didn't make sense, not sure what I missed.
If Bernard killed Delores and left, how was the room not flooded when they went back? And how did Bernard end up on the beach in episode one in the first place?

They showed Bernard lying down on the beach speaking with Ford.

And I think the room was just sealed.
amercer
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The whole "i need you, an adversary, in the real world" is such a weakly contrived motivation to bring Bernard along.

He's been pretty useful to everyone who's wanted to use him, so it's not that crazy. Plus Delores made him.
Dro07
AG
That's what I got out of it and he deleted the interaction with Ford so he didn't have memory of things that happened prior to that.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So here is my question. When does Williams loop start? Is the implication that he actually died from all those gunshot wounds? And when he wakes up to Emily at the tree having magically healed him and him explaining how the park is manipulating the guests is the beginning of his loop?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.