***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,062 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

What's so odd about this is that in relation to the total viewing audience, the percentage of people who even pay attention to spoilers is so incredibly small, all things considered. Heck, J.J. Abrams could release the Episode IX script tomorrow and by the time the movie hits theaters I'd bet that maybe 5% of the eventual movie-going audience would have read it by then, much less know that it was even released. Content creators and pop culture as a whole places way too much influence on spoiler culture. Audiences are so massive and diverse that the vast majority of them are completely unaware of stuff like this.
That seems more like an opinion than anything based on hard data. I would say 5% actively seek out spoilers might be accurate.

Confused by your response. I said "I'd bet" which obviously implies that it's my opinion, but then you seem to agree with me by saying that 5% actively seek out spoilers... which is exactly the point I was making and the number I used.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Damn it, I can't belive I/we fell for this whole charade. It DID make sense in a twisty, Nolan way, but I should have listened to my gut on this one.

I'm just happy we can again speculate all season!
TCTTS
AG
Also, Nolan basically just told his entire fanbase to suck it, and I love that. He's seemingly daring the audience to try and figure it all out again, and may have the confidence this go around that they won't.
G Martin 87
AG
Zing! Got me!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PooDoo
AG
Lol, Rick roll to a dog sitting on a piano bench for 20 minutes.

Seriously though, is the ***** playing the piano a real robot?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
That is amazing
bobinator
AG
Greatness!

I'm so pumped.
bobinator
AG
The thing I'm interested in is that in some ways season one's ending was always going to be predictable, the start of some sort of uprising by the hosts, but season two is much more open ended. Like any other good show they had to spend a lot of time in season one worldbuilding, and now they can play around in it more.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PooDoo said:

Lol, Rick roll to a dog sitting on a piano bench for 20 minutes.

Seriously though, is the ***** playing the piano a real robot?

Reddit is having fun with it... keeping up the ruse...telling those that don't watch it that it reveals every detail, etc....

Also some comments like the dog is blinking in morse code, etc.

lol.

Breggy Popup
AG
Showed my wife and she said...

Quote:

But why did the dog die? He was only 9. It leaves more questions than it answers.
Donald Glover
AG
Less than a week
Donald Glover
AG
Damn this thread is slow for it coming out in 3 days
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
HBO Now subscription is ready to go. Let's do this.
bobinator
AG
Just rewatched the S1 finale last night.

Anyone have any wild theories on S2?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Yeah it's been quiet... just not much out there they have kept the stuff under wraps it seems.

Just saw this - at least 3 episodes will be longer than 60 minutes and the finale is really long apparently.

and if you have not seen some of the video in this link look at Thandie Newton's hand - lol.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/18/westworld-season-2-super-sized-episodes/
MW03
AG
I think I'm gonna try and steer clear this season instead of checking reddit and the like. I want to enjoy the twists instead of guessing them out. Unfortunately, that means skipping this thread for the most part. We'll see if I can stick to it, ha.
hunter2012
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Yeah it's been quiet... just not much out there they have kept the stuff under wraps it seems.

Just saw this - at least 3 episodes will be longer than 60 minutes and the finale is really long apparently.

and if you have not seen some of the video in this link look at Thandie Newton's hand - lol.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/18/westworld-season-2-super-sized-episodes/

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator
AG
As long as they're theories and not "I actually know what happens but I'm passing it off as a very detailed theory" I think they make this show better. Makes you really watch for the details and stuff.

That's why I liked this thread last year but I stayed off of Reddit.
LHIOB
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My strong hand...
Donald Glover
AG
I'm really interested to see the other parks and how the Westworld hosts act in them
bobinator
AG
Donald Glover said:

I'm really interested to see the other parks and how the Westworld hosts act in them
So a kind of out there thing I've been wondering is if the Shogun World is going to have mythical creatures in it. I was thinking about whether a Shogun World sounds very interesting since the hosts obviously can't stab you. It's not quite like Westworld where it could be almost like a paintball thing that still hurts but doesn't kill you, I'm not sure how that would work with a sword.

But what if there's Dragons? One (among many) obvious counters to that is I can't imagine HBO having Dragons involved in two shows.

Anyway, I found myself down that thought path the other day when trying to think of what you would do as Delos for a second park if you were trying to scale up from Westworld.
hunter2012
AG
There's a theory out there that GoT is one of the worlds and Tyrion is a human role playing.
bobinator
AG
hunter2012 said:

There's a theory out there that GoT is one of the worlds and Tyrion is a human role playing.
The twist to end all twists.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Westeros World

damn i think that might trigger a murderous rampage by me.

TCTTS
AG
hunter2012 said:

This would be a hilarious bit across all of HBO's shows...

- Larry David as a human visitor in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

- Ray as a human visitor in the Brooklyn-set Girls.

- Jian Yang as a human visitor in Silicon Valley.

The possibilities are endless...

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

hunter2012 said:

This would be a hilarious bit across all of HBO's shows...

- Larry David as a human visitor in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

- Ray as a human visitor in the Brooklyn-set Girls.

- Jian Yang as a human visitor in Silicon Valley.

The possibilities are endless...

would explain all the resets, plot points reoccuring, and people coming back from the dead. and the improbable happening.

incredible troll job to wrap them al up on a finale of WW season 5. lol

all the human actors walk out of their scenes onto a train. lol.
bobinator
AG
Series finale of Game of Thrones:

The armies are lined up for one giant final battle, dragons facing off, everyone and everything is in this set piece. Swords are raised and the armies charge at each other.

"Freeze all motor functions." Everything pauses. Cut to black.

Riots ensue.
G Martin 87
AG
Dammit, will you people stop guessing my plot twists? I was *almost* ready to send TWoW to my publisher, and then I saw this. Now I have to rewrite half the book again. AGAIN.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator
AG
On a serious note, I'm sort of interested just to see where this season even starts. We have a lot of logistical issues we're going to have to plow through.
bearamedic99
AG
bobinator said:

On a serious note, I'm sort of interested just to see where this season even starts. We have a lot of logistical issues we're going to have to plow through.

It starts opening scene with a nude Elsie on a lab table with blood and medical instruments around her so we don't know if she is human or mech.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.