***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,043 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I know is that the preview for next week looks awesome.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So, unless I'm missing something, it's basically confirmed now that post 2 week timeline is not real, right? We see the Delos team arrived this episode, whereas in the future timeline they supposedly arrive on the beach that day.

Not sure where my post went, but I'll write it again.

I took the guys showing up in this episode as being part of an advanced party that was there to secure Charlotte and Abernathy primarily. Which means they would be separate from the group we saw in the premier on the beach.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hm. That's a weird thing to get deleted.
Joseph Parrish
AG
I wonder how many times Bernard has died with all those different hosts in the preview.
tk for tu juan
I'm sorry Bernard, I'm afraid I can't do that[/FORD9000]
Hickory High
AG
yup, I have absolutely no idea what's going on at this point now.
Belton Ag
AG
Yes. Looking forward to seeing Hopkins back.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So, unless I'm missing something, it's basically confirmed now that post 2 week timeline is not real, right? We see the Delos team arrived this episode, whereas in the future timeline they supposedly arrive on the beach that day.

No I don't think so.

they sent in an early team whose only real objective was to secure Abernathy and until then they were not sending in the calvary for whatever reason.

thats what that chick said as Bernard held Abernathy and she contacted the outside world and told them she had them - then they would send the rescue forces.
Hickory High
AG
Is Emily a host or not?
emtes
AG
Hello old friend.

So awesome!
oragator
Bernard's Bernard's everywhere!
WaltonAg18
AG
Hickory High said:

Is Emily a host or not?
No, that was just William being paranoid. Remember in her debut she shot the dude in RajWorld and only left a bruise.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
bobinator
AG
I'm now fairly convinced that William is a clone.
emtes
AG
Yeah, but he didn't shoot her. They haven't officially revealed if she is or not, and at this point can you really rule it out?
bobinator
AG
I think we can safely, as much as possible on this show, assume she's human. If Ford made her, she wouldn't have needed that whole Raj backstory.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ford became the music.

AgLiving06
AgLiving06

This is pretty sad (taken from reddit).
Buck O Five
AG
There were two parts of the episode where it went from full screen to cinema. At the end with Bernard in the cradle, and the scene with Dolores and Arnold/Bernard checking for "fidelity." Dolores is also wearing her traditional garb and not the wyatt outfit in that scene. Does that mean they are in the cradle too? If so, is Dolores really just a puppet of Ford's? Not sure what the point would be yet.

If Ford is controlling everything from the cradle, are any of the main characters really conscious?
Belton Ag
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Ford became the music.

It's probably already been brought up, but at this point I'm assuming Ford has implanted himself (his conscience) into the Cradle and is actually pulling all the strings. William is a clone, and maybe it's his conscience that has been loaded into Abernathy. There has got to be something to Abernathy's melt down upon seeing the picture of Juliet last season.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
I don't think Ford uploaded his consciousness to simply control the hosts (especially the self-aware ones, Dolores/Maeve). Among other reasons, as far as this episode is concerned, I think a primary reason he did it was to simply protect the cradle. Without uploading his consciousness, Delos would have easily regained access to the cradle and potentially ended his final narrative/host revolution.

I think Ford's entire end game is revealing to everyone that he's mastered artificial intelligence and has chosen a revolution thrown by conscious hosts to signify it, so it doesn't make sense to me that he'd go through all of this just to end up controlling the hosts via the cradle/his consciousness to achieve this goal. It just seems to defeat the purpose of it all. Otherwise it just seems like he's some vindictive psycho genius bent on revenge against Delos and he's using robots to do it.

Ultimately though I think him uploading his consciousness represents more, and is significant in that it further blurs the line between consciousness and AI/hosts. I think he may have solved the cognitive limit and found a way to successfully imprint consciousness onto a host, i.e. William's "white whale". I believe William's journey/game is one of redemption given over the years he became so disillusioned regarding AI/WW/Ford due to his many failures with Delos and life struggles, this probably led to a lot of discourse between Ford/hosts and William (his crimes) before William just recently gave up. I think his journey culminates with him discovering the first successful hybrid and that it is either William himself or a newly printed hybrid version of William (journey ends where he began/began where he ends) or a hybrid Ford, hybrid Delos, or maybe even hybrid version of his wife??? Who knows, love this show.

Ok sorry, rambling over. Damn, Adderall.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gap
AG
Not much discussion about the last episode. Are the masses losing interest?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's a holiday.
aggiepaintrain
AG
the show has gotten boring, the next episode looks interesting. Atleast during LOST there were many compelling story lines and you always had an idea of possible outcomes. This show is a CF.
FJB
PatAg
AG
I'm not sure what the goal was with the Samurai side story, but it was pretty boring to me. I actually like that part of history, but it wasn't anything we haven't seen before. I didn't care about any of those characters, just felt like wasted screen time.
Belton Ag
AG
Yeah the problem with the samurai storyline is that is/was primarily character driven instead of set piece driven. I understand that they're going to be somewhat limited by the budget and maybe can't do a huge feudal Japanese set piece, but... the characters - other than Musashi - just aren't that interesting.

The upside is that it seems to have been a minor diversion and we're leaving it behind.
DannyDuberstein
AG
the fact we just met these samurai characters and therefore aren't invested at all in them took quite a bit of steam out of the samurai portion, although i thought they did decent with such a condensed timeline. Part of a necessary journey/discovery for Maeve, so at least they tried to offer a cool setting and some limb hacking
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Something I realized the second time watching, in Teddy's opening scene, he bends down and we see the can that Dolores always dropped, and he picks up bullets instead.
bobinator
AG
I think they needed Maeve to discover her "power" but away from the other main plot action or it would be too disruptive. She's back in the game now though. I liked the character driven aspects, but theyre definitely not as interesting as the other
mysterious plot mechanics.
bobinator
AG
Specifically, he picks up the bullet he gives the guy on the train later.
Joseph Parrish
AG
PatAg said:

I'm not sure what the goal was with the Samurai side story, but it was pretty boring to me. I actually like that part of history, but it wasn't anything we haven't seen before. I didn't care about any of those characters, just felt like wasted screen time.

It was really just used to setup Maeve being able to tap into the network.
Complete Idiot
This was so heavy handed not sure why it required two viewings

Samurai world gets to the heart of what the show creators are conveying so if it's not enjoyable series may not be for you (and I say that being borderline on it myself)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Because I was hammered when I watched it the first time. Two whole beers man.
Al Bula
AG
the edo period of japan was very interesting and was the basis for the James Clavell novel Shogun.

In many ways that novel would be exactly what a guest would perceive upon arrival to shogun world.

I need to reread that book this summer.
Casey TableTennis
AG
bobinator said:

I think we can safely, as much as possible on this show, assume she's human. If Ford made her, she wouldn't have needed that whole Raj backstory.

William had a moment when Emily was recounting the elephant story. What if she had that detail wrong? It could have signfied she is a host and is why he left her. FWIW I don't believe this to be the case, but I can't rule it out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.