***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,034 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy hell what an episode!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Kinda dull

No plot movement

Username checks out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Two completely different opinions in two posts.

And I haven't even seen the episode yet, but classic entertainment board.
Complete Idiot
Well, I was being sarcastic. And the preview for next week got me excited.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I NEVER watch them but couldn't help myself this time.

It's definitely not whta I expected the next episode to be.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Two completely different opinions in two posts.

And I haven't even seen the episode yet, but classic entertainment board.

his emoticon was a clue to his sarcasm.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Holy hell... a lot happened there... or did it. I mean what was in Bernards head was still highly revealing.

Dolores is awesome and Terminator Teddy. Poor Maeve so sad - assume the dude with the accent saves her yet again though.

Wow.....about 10 answers to things.... but 20 more questions. Love this show.
Complete Idiot
If Charlotte is working for a third party her whole team just got killed, correct?

The whole lack of explanation about what happened to Stubbs after ghost world abduction is bothering me - hopefully we get something
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait, I thought we already saw him escape the Ghost Nation.
OldArmy71
AG
No idea what's going on......
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, it's hard to keep everything straight. I may give this one another watch. And alt shift x videos are always super helpful.

So, did anyone understand what exactly the failsafe is, and what it has to do with the valley beyond?

At first I thought they said the valley contained the host backups, but then they said they were "free" after destroying the cradle. That confused me a bit. If they are free then why do they still need the failsafe?

Also, I'm not sure I understand what Ford's motives are anymore.
Complete Idiot
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wait, I thought we already saw him escape the Ghost Nation.
Damnit, you are right. He was there with William's daughter and then Ghost Nation disappeared freeing them both. Just helped me understand the timelines better.

So many topics answered tonight and the long running "what the hell is up with Ghost nation" hopefully answered next week, or at least moved along. I think it would be cool if Ghost Nation is a wild card that ends up throwing Delores and/or Ford off their plans.

Mozart Paintings
AG
OldArmy71 said:

here
AgShaun00
AG
I drove bus said:

OldArmy71 said:

here
Here
Hickory High
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Yup. I really like the show, but if I don't understand what's going on every week, I don't really know how excited I can get about it. Sure, maybe it's partially my fault for not getting it, but that's how it is.
TV Casualty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

At first I thought they said the valley contained the host backups, but then they said they were "free" after destroying the cradle. That confused me a bit. If they are free then why do they still need the failsafe?

I think the valley beyond is where they are keeping the backups of human minds from guests at the park and maybe other paying customers. It's also possible that it contains host bodies for those minds to go into once the immortality project has worked through the bugs.

It's possible that if Dolores gets there first that she could use those empty hosts to transfer over the control units of the freed hosts. This is how they can escape out into the real world.

It might also explain the drowned hosts having blank control units. The original ones have been transferred to new bodies and these are brand new unwritten ones.
Sooo many fan theories completely destroyed in this episode. The biggest one was that Bernard was hooked up to the cradle at the very beginning of the season. The cradle IS destroyed along with the Mesa. We are almost caught up with the current timeline. We just need to know how Bernard went from having Ford as a "dark passenger" to Bernard being washed up on the Beach with all the hosts dead in the valley beyond. Happy that next episode will finally give us some info regarding Ghost Nation.

*I really need to stop reading the fan theories this season. They haven't really been correct as opposed to last season.
TCTTS
AG
TV Casualty said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think the valley beyond is where they are keeping the backups of human minds from guests at the park and maybe other paying customers. It's also possible that it contains host bodies for those minds to go into once the immortality project has worked through the bugs.

It's possible that if Dolores gets there first that she could use those empty hosts to transfer over the control units of the freed hosts. This is how they can escape out into the real world.

It might also explain the drowned hosts having blank control units. The original ones have been transferred to new bodies and these are brand new unwritten ones.

YES. I think you just hit the nail on the head. I would be shocked if this isn't it.

Which makes the think THAT'S the cliffhanger going into season three... the consciousness of each blank host uploaded to the human duplicate bodies, about to take their first steps into the real world (or at least onto a train out of Westworld), CUT TO BLACK.
emtes
AG
What an episode. In true Westworld fashion, they answered so many of our questions while creating more.

From the preview it looked to me like the Ghost Nation were the first to be woke. But they were under the radar about it.
TCTTS
AG
But really, every minor misstep this season was worth it for tonight's episode, which felt like a finale unto itself. This show is simply jaw dropping.
TCTTS
AG
Also, I've been trying to peg what next week's preview reminded me of and I finally figured it out. Remember Nestor Carbonell's character on Lost? Richard, I think was his name. And remember when they did that amazing flashback episode on the island - like two or three hundred (if not more) years in the past - and the entire episode was devoted solely to his character? I don't remember much about the episode itself, save for the imagery and the overall conceit, but just the novelty of an episode like that was so new and cool at the time, one devoted solely to a character we hardly knew, and ended up being a beautiful, self-contained story while also filling in some historical blanks.

THAT'S what this upcoming Akecheta episode feels like it's going to be, but likely with even more connective tissue. I remember the Richard episode opening with a hard cut to him riding fast on horseback, which is what I think spurred the connection in my mind to this episode. Either way, it's just another instance in which this season feels like Lost in the best way.
Complete Idiot
Haven't even discussed William being shot four times and surviving
Counterpoint
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Haven't even discussed William being shot four times and surviving
And how many SEPARATE shooting incidents has he survived?
TX_AG_10
AG
So it's safe to say that Bernard telling them were Abernathy's location was actually Ford? I'm pretty sure her interview with him was post cradle visit, hence how he was looking back on all these memories. If so, Hale and her team are probably going to find something other than Abernathy in that sector.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Great episode, but is anyone else annoyed with the ineptitude of the Delta team and Delos forces? It's like none of them have held a gun or had any tactical training whatsoever. Also disappointed that Coughlin died so quickly, I thought he'd be a force to be reckoned with.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Mantis Toboggan MD said:

Great episode, but is anyone else annoyed with the ineptitude of the Delta team and Delos forces?

Yes. I find it to be ridiculous and the fight scenes are terrible. Plus the notion that the dude last night was basically seduced inside the cradle so she could pull the pin on the Grenade was flat out cringe worthy and extremely lazy writing.
gomerschlep
AG
Not really, If you can alter attributes in a host like Delores did with Teddy, I'd assume you could just turn up your groups shooting and combat skills to 11 and **** some **** up.
Malcolm52
AG
The Delos security/Delta teams are storm trooper level bad at this point. Seduction/grenade sign was terrible. William's ability to get shot multiple times and survive is pretty eye rolling,

That all being said, I am pumped to watch each week!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

But really, every minor misstep this season was worth it for tonight's episode, which felt like a finale unto itself. This show is simply jaw dropping.
I had to double check Wikipedia that it's 10 episodes this season. It felt like a penultimate episode, in the mold of GoT, where the real climax happens.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great call.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Also, I've been trying to peg what next week's preview reminded me of and I finally figured it out. Remember Nestor Carbonell's character on Lost? Richard, I think was his name. And remember when they did that amazing flashback episode on the island - like two or three hundred (if not more) years in the past - and the entire episode was devoted solely to his character? I don't remember much about the episode itself, save for the imagery and the overall conceit, but just the novelty of an episode like that was so new and cool at the time, one devoted solely to a character we hardly knew, and ended up being a beautiful, self-contained story while also filling in some historical blanks.

THAT'S what this upcoming Akecheta episode feels like it's going to be, but likely with even more connective tissue. I remember the Richard episode opening with a hard cut to him riding fast on horseback, which is what I think spurred the connection in my mind to this episode. Either way, it's just another instance in which this season feels like Lost in the best way.

Yep I get that reference. Very similar....and I've been thinking all season why the hell would they have Zahn McClarnon as the Indian guy if all he was going to do was ride around on horseback in face paint (except for the opening scenes at the party in the real world). There had to be something significant for him or they would not get him and he would not take the role (great actor btw if you do not know him - Fargo, Longmire, many other roles over the years).

And yeah that Richard episode in LOST was awesome.

But if this series ends up with them in some purgatory where they deal with their "issues" before moving on to the next life or inside of a snowglobe I'm gonna be hunting some people down myself.

TX_AG_10 said:

So it's safe to say that Bernard telling them were Abernathy's location was actually Ford? I'm pretty sure her interview with him was post cradle visit, hence how he was looking back on all these memories. If so, Hale and her team are probably going to find something other than Abernathy in that sector.

Yea. It is post cradle visit. It makes me wonder about the first scene this season. Bernard's washed up on the beach. I wonder if we relive that scene but with ford walking with him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess the explanation of the "Hale" subtitle in the Cradle last week was simply from the fact that we've been seeing Bernard reliving his memories all season, while Hale was trying to get him to recall everything.
bobinator
AG
Some stray thoughts:

- That was the first time that all of our main characters were in the same location right? Everyone was at the Mesa, even if just fleetingly.

- I guess we should have taken the Elsie plotline just at face value? I really thought there was going to be more there. Though I still think it's a bit weird that Elsie and Bernard got into the Mesa and into the cradle without running into anyone from the QA team.

- Everyone's reactions to the room of Bernards in the future timeline were weird, so I'm still not sure if they knew if Bernard was a host or not. But if they didn't know, that means not only are Bernard and Elsie in the Mesa and nobody else knows it, they also are going to get out without anybody else knowing?

- Can't wait to see what the deal is with Ghost Nation. I assume we're going to get an answer for why they let Stubbs go. My shot-in-the-dark theory on ghost nation is that Aketcheta was an experiment to see what a sentient host would do if left alone, (perhaps by Arnold?) but then Arnold died and they decided to end the experiment. So he's going to have memories of being free and then being "enslaved" so to speak.
bobinator
AG
I'm not sure what I think happened there except I'm 100% sure that Bernard/Arnold/Ford or whoever is in that body is lying.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.