***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,053 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think there is a clue in the finale tweets, the one stating a certain actress was showcased
bobinator
AG
I'm annoyed there was a debut... now I'm afraid to go near Reddit or anything to try and get my midweek theory fix. I need everyone here to step their game up and come up with some wild stuff.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

bobinator
AG
That "eh?" look at the end absolutely kills me
bobinator
AG
bobinator
AG
That scene does bring up an actual question, what do we think Ford's motivation was there?
Max Power
AG
I don't have too many theories because there's so much to wrap my head around with this show. The one thing I'm really interested in is whether we get to understand the valley beyond/the forge.

The dynamic between Ford and William doesn't lead me to believe the maze is a good thing for William designed by Ford. William is a huge part of what it will turn out to be, but I don't think Ford has created something that satisfies William. I'm a lot more keen to believe it's a nightmare or prison for him which there is no escape. Ford has shown to be more fond of the hosts than people, and it doesn't appear that anything he's ever created has been able to satisfy William, nothing in the world can.

When the Indians were trying to stop Dolores and Teddy from going to the valley beyond, maybe they were trying to keep them away from something that Ford didn't want for her to be a part of. But maybe it's meant for Dolores and William to end up there together, I'm really split on that facet. Dolores and William are pretty parallel in terms of not letting anything get in their way.

I'm thinking the finale will have everything to do with being careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
Belton Ag
AG
bobinator said:

That scene does bring up an actual question, what do we think Ford's motivation was there?
I think to remind William of how much of a monster he is. Whatever else was on that thing drove the wife to kill herself and to cause Emily to expose him as a fraud.
FifthYear
Gap said:

Westworld viewership is down this year. It started fantastically with E1 S2 being 5% higher than the much promoted and anticipated debut last year and after E2, they were up 13% cumulatively compared to S1. From that point, the declines in viewership have been significant. E9 on Sunday was 25% below the same episode from S1. Overall, viewership for S2 is down 11%.
A lot of people wait for the season to finish so they can watch it all at once. I know more people who have that gameplan than I know that are keeping up week-by-week
Complete Idiot
bobinator said:

I've wondered this since earlier in the season - why is there a game specifically for William? It lead me to initially be suspicious that William was a host. I also speculated it could just be a form of torture since he dislikes William that much. It could also just be a big distraction so that Ford can run his own script without William interfering. But I'd think Ford could have him killed in the park at any time, if he hated him that much.

The most striking tweet I saw (only looking at the ones in this thread, not going elsewhere) said the finale not only wrapped things up well but that season 3 was set up nicely. Perhaps I am misinterpreting and they are only stating they enjoyed this season so much they are on board for whatever season 3 holds, but I've not been able to envision what season 3 would cover so I'm really curious if we get an inkling of that in the finale.
amercer
AG
I agree on your last point. After last weeks episode I have no clue as to how they set up season 3.
bobinator
AG
There are definitely a lot of William/Dolores parallels. The most in-your-face is they both drove the people they loved (or the other people they loved...) to kill themselves. I think it's safe to say that their futures are intertwined somehow.
TCTTS
AG
AgLiving06 said:

bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

I wouldn't be so sure about even her. There's a split-second shot in the trailer for the finale that hints at something regarding her character that could mean one of two things...
Yeaaaahhhh....

There's a small part of me that still thinks that literally nobody we've seen is actually human.

There's a lingering part of me that wonders if it's all fake and part of the fidelity test of William.

My main logic is that William just killed 4 people. That's not a recipe for being a long term character.

So if it's all fake and his fidelity test, it can all be undone.

However if that's the case, I'm done with the show.
Personally, I don't think William survives past the next episode. After killing his daughter, he's unredeemable, IMO. He might have some kind of noble end, but I think he's done regardless. In fact, I really do think the show could look very different next season. No William, no Teddy, no Ford. But will hopefully introduce some new and important characters in their place.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I'm with you there. I'd put pretty heavy odds that he's not getting out alive.
Sazerac
AG
I can't see how there is a Westworld 3 that takes place on the island. The island and Westworld as a park are done. Anything significant in the park would be flashbacks.

That means any future timeline has to take place in the rest of the world.
How do these characters escape WW to the real world?

Best guess from me is that for every human duplicate mind in the crucible there is already a robotic duplicate body waiting as well. Some of the hosts get their brain pods into the human bodies and escape.

I also think Charlotte = Charley is in play.
bobinator
AG
You're assuming that island thing is real, and not just a bit of show put on for Bernard... I'm still not completely convinced on that front.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, this has been touched upon a bit here already. The fact that all the hosts who were found drowned in The Valley Beyond had their minds wiped means they likely either uploaded their brains to the human version of The Cradle or to the human/host duplicate bodies (or both). The problem with the later, though, is that they're not going to recast Evan Rachel Wood or Thandie Newton (in new host/human bodies). So what do they do?

But yeah, definitely in agreement that we can't stay in Westworld for season three.

So we've got a bit of a catch 22 situation here and I can't wait to see how it plays out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

AgLiving06 said:

bobinator said:

TCTTS said:

I wouldn't be so sure about even her. There's a split-second shot in the trailer for the finale that hints at something regarding her character that could mean one of two things...
Yeaaaahhhh....

There's a small part of me that still thinks that literally nobody we've seen is actually human.

There's a lingering part of me that wonders if it's all fake and part of the fidelity test of William.

My main logic is that William just killed 4 people. That's not a recipe for being a long term character.

So if it's all fake and his fidelity test, it can all be undone.

However if that's the case, I'm done with the show.
Personally, I don't think William survives past the next episode. After killing his daughter, he's unredeemable, IMO. He might have some kind of noble end, but I think he's done regardless. In fact, I really do think the show could look very different next season. No William, no Teddy, no Ford. But will hopefully introduce some new and important characters in their place.

Yep, I agree with you that William is most likely done after this season. I forget who mentioned it, but whoever did was spot on about how Dolores and William have unmistakable parallels and that their fates seem pretty intertwined now. Given that, im wondering if Dolores and William team up to burn it all down.
TCTTS
AG
If they actually go that route, not even I will come back for season three.
bobinator
AG
I don't think they will, that was mostly a joke. But I don't really trust any info that we've gotten from the "future timeline."
TV Casualty
AG
Yeah, the future timeline has just seemed like one big put on. Always showing Bernard something and then gauging his reaction. Charlotte and crew didn't even seemed surprised to find out that Bernard was a host.

It's hard to believe that it's all just a simulation, but it has always seemed off and almost like a dream.
DartAg1970
AG
cclearman said:

Ok I have seen this said a bunch now. I have tried to figure it out but can someone please help explain. I have no idea who Charley is supposed to be.

What is this theory?
Sazerac
AG
Charley is Arnolds child who Bernard has had memories of.
jabberwalkie09
AG
DartAg1970 said:

cclearman said:

Ok I have seen this said a bunch now. I have tried to figure it out but can someone please help explain. I have no idea who Charley is supposed to be.

What is this theory?

Charlie is supposedly Arnold's deceased son, and Bernard's corner stone iirc. I think the idea is that Charlie is actually Charlotte and Ford created a sort of false memory.
Dro07
AG
Then why would have Arnold killed himself to be with his son?
bobinator
AG
Did he kill himself to be with his son? Where was that said?
jabberwalkie09
AG
dromo07 said:

Then why would have Arnold killed himself to be with his son?

Iirc that wasn't the reason he had Dolores kill him.....

But rather not wanting to see the hosts suffer since he viewed them as more. A position that Ford has since come around to.
JJxvi
AG
Maybe he was ashamed that his daughter was trans...#realissues #lgbtq
Dro07
AG
I guess when we did hear about Charlies death it was through Ford? Did we ever hear about Charlies death through Arnold?
bobinator
AG
Well, this is the biggest challenge to theory. In the flashback season in S2E2, Arnold says "for my son Charlie." In fact both he and Dolores refer to him as a "him" several times in that scene. And, apparently he did say something along the lines of "I want to see him again," right before Dolores killed him. (I looked that up since someone said it.)

But, the counter is that we're seeing those scenes through Dolores' memory. If Ford wanted to change Dolores' memory, he certainly could. Or, I think this is potentially more likely, Arnold may have been trying to protect his family for some reason and been intentionally saying that wrong.
Belton Ag
AG
I hate the idea of Charlotte = Charlie.
Sazerac
AG
I don't like it. Just thinks it's in play as a way for Bernarnold to leave the island and return in WW3
PatAg
AG
FifthYear said:

Gap said:

Westworld viewership is down this year. It started fantastically with E1 S2 being 5% higher than the much promoted and anticipated debut last year and after E2, they were up 13% cumulatively compared to S1. From that point, the declines in viewership have been significant. E9 on Sunday was 25% below the same episode from S1. Overall, viewership for S2 is down 11%.
A lot of people wait for the season to finish so they can watch it all at once. I know more people who have that gameplan than I know that are keeping up week-by-week
same
Complete Idiot
Charlie is alive, season 3 is a single camera situational comedy where fastidious Bernard is forced to live with his sloppy and wild son in a hip apartment complex geared towards singles.

The Maze
The Door
Lifelike Father, Like Son
Breggy Popup
AG
Saw this comment elsewhere:

Quote:

Prediction: MiB scours the landscape until arriving at a steep cliff that overlooks an inlet of the sea.

"Is that you, fjord?"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.