***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

253,161 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

You're entitled to your opinion and maybe you were underwhelmed. But your questions seem like mostly things that very well were meant to question and likely will be addressed.

There were like 1000 questions in the first few episodes of S1.....so this is not a surprise to me.

Regarding yours specifically:

• Bernard. We don't know how long he was there, maybe 11-14 days maybe 1-2 hours. Who knows. I'm not sure they were whisking him to some xecution camp. They are soldiers and had orders to kill all robots I suppose. He wasn't one as far as they knew and just kinda tagged along.
  • I don't think his arm was in a sling or whatever by the finale - in the tuxedo at the party. But I could be wrong. Who knows maybe they have some special medical bone healing tech we did not see. TBD.
  • The whole DNA ting seems like it's a big part of the season 2 plot - would not expect it all to be answered right away.
  • Charlotte, Maeve and Delores... I think that's a big part of this seasons story and you are left not knowing intentionally.

your questions just seem to want the answers of what this season is about.
M.C. Swag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

lmao well no kidding. I wasn't using my overall plot questions as 'dings' against the episode. Sorry if that's how you interpreted my post. Wasn't my intention.
Al Bula
AG
Yeah, revealing that DNA is collected from guests via hosts is largely relevant to today.

I don't even want to think about what the planned maintenance looks like for Westworld or any of the other parks.
M.C. Swag
AG
Quote:

Bernard. We don't know how long he was there, maybe 11-14 days maybe 1-2 hours. Who knows. I'm not sure they were whisking him to some xecution camp. They are soldiers and had orders to kill all robots I suppose. He wasn't one as far as they knew and just kinda tagged along.
lol Obviously, WE the viewer know he wasn't just sitting there for 2 weeks, but THEY as characters have no idea. They found him unconscious next to a wine glass (clearly implying some direct linkage to the Gala function). It was just a weird. Didn't feel like an authentic springboard into the action that it was obviously shoe-horned to be.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

lmao well no kidding. I wasn't using my overall plot questions as 'dings' against the episode. Sorry if that's how you interpreted my post. Wasn't my intention.
Ahhh... I thought it was a "this was underwhelming and here's why"......

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
In the season finale last year, William was able to use his hand, but his arm was hanging limp. He was then shot in the other arm by Wyatt's army. That was the last we saw of him. Hopefully they will explain how he lived past an attack of 30 people with guns and bows when he has at the very least a dislocated right arm and a maimed left.
M.C. Swag
AG
Champ Bailey said:

In the season finale last year, William was able to use his hand, but his arm was hanging limp. He was then shot in the other arm by Wyatt's army. That was the last we saw of him. Hopefully they will explain how he lived past an attack of 30 people with guns and bows when he has at the very least a dislocated right arm and a maimed left.
exactly my question
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm betting that his scenes take place even later than Bernard being rescued by the boat.

Although I'm assuming the tools they use to work on the hosts works on humans too, so I could see recovering from those wounds not being that big of a deal anymore.
MW03
AG
As a side note, there's someone in the Westworld universe who's job is to do QA on how well these robots make the sex.

"John, we got your notes. We've added more gyroscope action to the servos to simulate a more rhythmic, lifelike gyrating. We'll need you to check this for us again before we can move this model to alpha testing."
3rdGen2015
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I'm betting that his scenes take place even later than Bernard being rescued by the boat.

Although I'm assuming the tools they use to work on the hosts works on humans too, so I could see recovering from those wounds not being that big of a deal anymore.
Just an observation about this, but the bodies around him weren't decomposed like they were when Bernard and crew strolled into the town. So either William's game starts the morning after the gala or the bodies around him are not human bodies, but rather host bodies.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Fair point. I don't remember, the first time we saw him last night all bloody, was he wearing the same tux he was wearing at the end of season 1?
amercer
AG
I think so. And he's dressing the gunshot wound so that's still fresh. I think we have to assume that Delores ****ed him up, but didn't actually break anything.
M.C. Swag
AG
Champ Bailey said:

except they show him 'waking' up with the bullet wound and still in a tux.
M.C. Swag
AG
Oh and I did like how they addressed the 'scalp tattoo' from S1. That part always sat weird with me, but it appears that every host has that 'image' imprinted on them.
spanky
AG
I wouldn't call the team that arrived a rescue team at all...more like procurement and exterminators. Not surprised they didn't care about Bernard's well being or state of mind.
TCTTS
AG
Except at the end the head guy said that the hundreds of guests still in the park are his top priority.
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

Except at the end the head guy said that the hundreds of guests still in the park are his top priority.
Exactly. They were tasked with locating the real people (confirmed with the 'id cards' the woman was looking at). And Bernard wasnt just 'some guest.' He was THE top guy of the park, in charge of writing the code responsible for all the choas that ensued. His well being is vital to understanding 1) how 2) why 3) scope and 4) potential culpability of the malfunction that 'resulted in the single largest loss of life on Delos property."

It's clear the screenwriters wanted to jump start the 'present' timeline with Bernard in the company of those tactical guys, but like i said, it felt very inauthentic and was a bit jarring to my viewing experience as the introduction to S2.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed, but they could have easily treated Barnard for injuries, questioned him, etc., and we just didn't see it between scenes.
M.C. Swag
AG
i guess...i didn't get a sense that there was an 'in between' period to him jumping in the dune buggy and then off loading into the encampment with the soldiers executing those hosts.
YellowPot_97
AG
dromo07 said:

M.C. Swag said:

• Why were they taking guest's DNA?/How does that even work? I don't understand how guest dna would be acquired via a Hosts 'brain'? Unless i misinterpreted that scene.

I think this is a prequel to Altered Carbon

Nope, Firefly
amercer
AG
Bernard was also Fords right hand man, so if they suspected that Ford might have set this in motion as revenge for his firing or something then they would have been very suspicious of Bernard.
TCTTS
AG
Can we not give this particular plot thread time to breath? Good gosh. I'm guessing not more than two or three hours passed between Bernard waking up on the beach and them finding all the dead hosts at the end. Now that Bernard literally just admitted to killing them all, I'm SURE he's about to get the third degree.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Hopefully they will explain how he lived past an attack of 30 people with guns and bows
William had to get out from under a couple bodies. I couldn't tell if they were guests or hosts, but no doubt he was using one or more of them as shields like he did back at the cabin. I imagine the purpose of that move back at the cabin was to show you how he survived the attack. William has been playing this game more than any other guest.
Bunk Moreland
The idea of 2 open air dune buggies following directly behind another dune buggy down a dirt road was hilariously stupid. Though apparently the dirt doesn't stick to their clothes or skin so maybe driving in a cloud of dust was the right move.
Bunk Moreland
Also, they mentioned the dead tiger had gotten in from park 6? Not sure if it's been discussed on here yet, but maybe some of the scenes we see in upcoming episodes isn't them going to the real world, but possibly other "worlds" or parks.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that possibility was discussed last night, a couple pages back.
MW03
AG
Remaining Season 1 Questions:

- Who was behind trying to write Maeve to the mainland? I thought for a second we had that answer, and it was actually the group trying to steal the IP and DNA material, but it worked out that it was Abernathy they were trying to sneak off.

- Did Ford intend for himself to be murdered? You have to think yes, but then there was a bit of dialogue when they found his body about how he had "written" it only to have Bernard suggest that maybe Delores had done it of her own free will. That drew a scoff, but it's a interesting point. Delores killed Arnold because Arnold wrote it that way with the Wyatt program. Was there any wiggle room for Delores to decide not to kill Ford in the same manner? Could she have decided not to do it after all?
MW03
AG
TCTTS said:

MW03 said:

YellowPot_97 said:

TCTTS said:

For what it's worth, the skyline in the those city shots is 100% Los Angeles. I don't know if they'll actually treat it as LA and not just a generic, "mainland" city, but it's intersting nonetheless.

Is it the main land real world or another park? My money is on another park.

My hope too. One park could be 2018 LA. That would be excellent.

I like this scenario more, 2018 LA or not, as it makes way more sense (as another part of the park). Everyone at that party freezes, something that was in the very first S2 trailer and had me scratching my head even then, if it was actually outside of the park.

I was thinking about this some. If you wanted to really sell the tech to investors, what better way than to invite them to a typical event party only to reveal at the end of the night that all of the people they had been interacting with were actually hosts. Saying "freeze all motor functions" and letting all the richy riches see that they had been partying with robots all night would be pretty damned persuasive when it comes to how realistic the park could be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Those new drones are unsettling AF.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Can we not give this particular plot thread time to breath? Good gosh.
Is this your first time on a show thread?

I'd point you to the LOST threads where endless pages were dedicated to a discussion about a compass.
M.C. Swag
AG
MW03 said:

Remaining Season 1 Questions:

- Who was behind trying to write Maeve to the mainland? I thought for a second we had that answer, and it was actually the group trying to steal the IP and DNA material, but it worked out that it was Abernathy they were trying to sneak off.

- Did Ford intend for himself to be murdered? You have to think yes, but then there was a bit of dialogue when they found his body about how he had "written" it only to have Bernard suggest that maybe Delores had done it of her own free will. That drew a scoff, but it's a interesting point. Delores killed Arnold because Arnold wrote it that way with the Wyatt program. Was there any wiggle room for Delores to decide not to kill Ford in the same manner? Could she have decided not to do it after all?
  • I think it was clear that Ford wrote the code into Maeve as a distraction to Dolores' journey 'into the center of the maze' (aka - becoming conscious). The fact that Maeve went against her programming to get off the train was an unintended consequence of her becoming 'conscious.' Abernathy was always the goal; in the last episode of S1, Charlotte tells Sizemore (the ******y script writer) to go take care of 'something' and the next scene we see him is at the empty warehouse where Abernathy's host was being stored.

• Dolores killed Ford 100% as a choice of free will. She wasn't following any program at that point and was shown to be hearing 'her own voice' (which was the final step to becoming fully conscious). Bernard used the 'these violent delights have violent endings' as the 'kill code' when Dolores shot him. Ford didn't use that phrase specifically because he wanted Dolores to decide to shoot him.
M.C. Swag
AG
I had the exact same thought process

Quote:

• Delores mentions that she 'remembers everything' and hinted at some previoius knowledge of the outside world when questioned by Teddy. I definitely now believe that Dolores' outside the park encounter might have been part of some sales pitch to Delos. (thus why we see a young william and Logan appear in the trailers). I have a feeling that Anthony Hopkin's character used their display of human like interactions to perhaps pitch westworld? Not sure how those timelines match up.

Breggy Popup
AG
M.C. Swag
[list said:

• Dolores killed Ford 100% as a choice of free will. She wasn't following any program at that point and was shown to be hearing 'her own voice' (which was the final step to becoming fully conscious). Bernard Arnold used the 'these violent delights have violent endings' as the 'kill code' when Dolores shot him. Ford didn't use that phrase specifically because he wanted Dolores to decide to shoot him.

• Corrected above that Arnold used the phrase to trigger Dolores in his own killing. To add some confusion, just before Dolores kills Ford, Bernard utters the same phrase. Did it trigger her that time? I don't think so but it does instill a modicum of doubt.
    M.C. Swag
    AG
    dlance said:

M.C. Swag
    [list said:

• Dolores killed Ford 100% as a choice of free will. She wasn't following any program at that point and was shown to be hearing 'her own voice' (which was the final step to becoming fully conscious). Bernard Arnold used the 'these violent delights have violent endings' as the 'kill code' when Dolores shot him. Ford didn't use that phrase specifically because he wanted Dolores to decide to shoot him.

• Corrected above that Arnold used the phrase to trigger Dolores in his own killing. To add some confusion, just before Dolores kills Ford, Bernard utters the same phrase. Did it trigger her that time? I don't think so but it does instill a modicum of doubt.

Sorry, yea I meant Arnold. But yea, Bernard whispers it while Dolores is 'on stage' behind Ford. I don't think it triggered it because she couldnt' have heard it, and besides the fact she had already made the decision to kill Ford before (which she mentions to Teddy) as she grabs the pistol and walks up.
    irish pete ag06
    AG
    MW03 said:

Yep, I think he did. And I have a somewhat out there theory that he has channeled his consciousness into one of the hosts somehow ala digitizing consciousness... That's how Ford's character will maybe make a reappearance but not be Anthony Hopkins.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.