***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,251 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
SWCBonfire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Possible that the whole timeline of this season are the two weeks before Bernard is picked up by Stubbs and immediate aftermath. With the aforementioned backflashes to William's past.

Liked the "don't shoot the boss" from Stubbs like Bernard said to him in S1.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
amercer said:

He killed them?

I thought Bernard said "he killed them", which I assumed meant Ford.

No the subtitles said "I killed them" definitely.

Remember he was trying to unleash something in their subconscious links to find Abernathy while injecting himself to stave of his demise... he could also program them some root command to go to that valley and perish I suppose....OR go to that valley and fake death in the water. either way.

MW03
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

TCTTS said:

For what it's worth, the skyline in the those city shots is 100% Los Angeles. I don't know if they'll actually treat it as LA and not just a generic, "mainland" city, but it's intersting nonetheless.

Is it the main land real world or another park? My money is on another park.

My hope too. One park could be 2018 LA. That would be excellent.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, he either says...

"I... I killed them. All of them."

... or...

"I... he killed them. All of them."

Listening to it twice more, I think it's purposefully vague. Either, just another cool mystery.
amercer
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

TCTTS said:

For what it's worth, the skyline in the those city shots is 100% Los Angeles. I don't know if they'll actually treat it as LA and not just a generic, "mainland" city, but it's intersting nonetheless.

The whole world is fake now?

The guy in season one who almost got killed for taking to the MiB did thank him for saving his sister. Is it possible that hosts are 90% of the population everywhere in a post apocalypse world?
TCTTS
AG
MW03 said:

YellowPot_97 said:

TCTTS said:

My hope too. One park could be 2018 LA. That would be excellent.

I like this scenario more, 2018 LA or not, as it makes way more sense (as another part of the park). Everyone at that party freezes, something that was in the very first S2 trailer and had me scratching my head even then, if it was actually outside of the park.
amercer
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

amercer said:

He killed them?

I thought Bernard said "he killed them", which I assumed meant Ford.

No the subtitles said "I killed them" definitely.

Remember he was trying to unleash something in their subconscious links to find Abernathy while injecting himself to stave of his demise... he could also program them some root command to go to that valley and perish I suppose....OR go to that valley and fake death in the water. either way.

I guess that could make sense. Maybe he found out the corporate master plan and sabotaged it.

All things being equal though, I'd perfect the season not to be the two weeks. I'd like it to be bigger.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Ok, he either says...

"I... I killed them. All of them."

... or...

"I... he killed them. All of them."

Listening to it twice more, I think it's purposefully vague. Either, just another cool mystery.

The closed caption is unequivocally "I killed them. All of them"
TCTTS
AG
Good to know.
TCTTS
AG
I doubt they string the two weeks across the whole season. Either way, the "present" storyline will also obviously be advancing, and we're getting a third timeline with younger William again in the next episode it looks like.
amercer
AG
So he hacks in and kills all the ones that aren't awake? Or were those all the decommissioned ones that got activated?

Also, Bernard knows about the other parks right?
amercer
AG
So a return of young Ford as well?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

PS faceless drone hosts are scary AF.
TCTTS
AG
That would require Hopkins' participation, so I doubt it. He signed a one-season contract.
amercer
AG
I'm also interested to know why old William doesn't appear to give a **** about whatever the super secret corporate plan is.
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

I doubt they string the two weeks across the whole season. Either way, the "present" storyline will also obviously be advancing, and we're getting a third timeline with younger William again in the next episode it looks like.

How long were the narrative loops in season 1? Two weeks?
TCTTS
AG
Sounds about right, but the difference is that they never told us specifically. I just can't see them purposely saying "two weeks" this time and then taking nine more episodes to draw that out.
G Martin 87
AG
amercer said:

YellowPot_97 said:

TCTTS said:

The whole world is fake now?

The guy in season one who almost got killed for taking to the MiB did thank him for saving his sister. Is it possible that hosts are 90% of the population everywhere in a post apocalypse world?
Perhaps in the real world, the application of the host technology is to serve as replacement bodies. Literal hosts for downloaded real person psyches.
amercer
AG
But we just had Altered Carbon
hunter2012
AG
I'd just like to say that I'm rooting for William above all the others, his story has been my favorite and now he gets the game he's always wanted. I'm not sure if Dolores was the protagonist, but she just wants to destroy now.
TCTTS
AG
Was the 2052 date something that was widely discussed at the end of last season? Because this is the first mention I've heard of it...

spanky
AG
Love this show. Story might not be perfect, but the characters they've developed are enough for me.
TCTTS
AG
Good friend of mine who's an amazing professional graphic designer and art director just posted this. The company he works for does the titles and cut all the trailers for this season and last, and the guy who heads the trailer division just reached out to say he wants to pass the art along to Jonah...

(and just to be clear, my buddy didn't work on the titles or trailers, he instead does a lot of commercial work and supplemental film stuff)

https://instagr.am/p/Bh5vXR1Bhk9
LHIOB
AG
Did they finally answer the question of the location of the park? They mentioned the "mainland" several times and the team that arrived to clean everything up did so by boat.

It was said that Ford was creating new teraforms amd more land. Sounds like he created everything in Westworld including the physical world.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I had to laugh at Teddy making out with Dolores after her big speech of not only dominating the world he does know, but also wanting to dominate an entire world he didn't even know existed up until that point.

He's like the Eva Braun of robots.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I thought the mainland was a land mass but, after seeing the chat messages, I think it is just Delos HQ.

I do think the park is somewhere in/around the South China Sea. The two navy guys at the beginning appeared to be speaking Chinese.
Al Bula
AG
Exciting episode for sure. The Teddy and Delores stuff was the weak point for me.
Ranger222
AG
LHIOB said:

Did they finally answer the question of the location of the park? They mentioned the "mainland" several times and the team that arrived to clean everything up did so by boat.

It was said that Ford was creating new teraforms amd more land. Sounds like he created everything in Westworld including the physical world.

In the opening scenes when they find Bernard on the shoreline, apparently some of the people are speaking Chinese. This could mean several things, including this all being on an island or islands in the south pacific somewhere, or maybe it is in California (LA skyline mentioned previously), but they are trying to hint that maybe China has taken the US. It seems like the creators are tying to do away with the notion that this may be occurring on another planet or moon somewhere.

Regarding the terraforming, is it possible that Ford created the big hole and new "sea" we saw the hosts in, and either programmed them all to drown by a certain date, giving William or the Man in Black enough time to play his game? Or instead, built it and coded Bernard to do the deed if things broke the right way? Could the bottom of the "sea" be the real location for the center of the maze, and those hosts that are truly conscious and of free mind won't go in, but those that are still tied down by their code will follow instructions?
amercer
AG
bbattbq01
AG
Strong start for me. Agree that it's amazing they have me enthralled by all of the story lines!
M.C. Swag
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

I thought the mainland was a land mass but, after seeing the chat messages, I think it is just Delos HQ.

I do think the park is somewhere in/around the South China Sea. The two navy guys at the beginning appeared to be speaking Chinese.
Definitely chinese. Also, in S1, the train narrator (female voice saying 'welcome to westworld') also spoke in Chinese (per the subtitles). Safe to assume that Westworld is based somewhere off the coast of China (or a chinese territory).

My overall thoughts, I was slightly disappointed. Some questions i had:
  • I didn't like how Bernard was just found on the beach (after supposedly just laying there(?) for 11/14 days without food or water?) and the first thing they do is whisk him to some faux gathering/execution camp. They do nothing to examine his physical/mental well being? Becasue as far as they are concerned, he's a human victim who should be traumatized and/or malnourished...idk. I thought it was a super shaky start.
  • Wasn't Ed Harris supposed to be nursing a broken right arm? From his last encounter with Dolores when she beat him up.
  • Why were they taking guest's DNA?/How does that even work? I don't understand how guest dna would be acquired via a Hosts 'brain'? Unless i misinterpreted that scene.
  • The biggest questions to be answered: What happened to Charlotte between the days leading up to QA showing up? Where is Delores/Maeve? Is 'the door' an actual game for William (this season's 'mcguffin' quest) or just a ploy?

Thoughts:
  • Delores mentions that she 'remembers everything' and hinted at some previoius knowledge of the outside world when questioned by Teddy. I definitely now believe that Dolores' outside the park encounter might have been part of some sales pitch to Delos. (thus why we see a young william and Logan appear in the trailers). I have a feeling that Anthony Hopkin's character used their display of human like interactions to perhaps pitch westworld? Not sure how those timelines match up.
  • I wasn't sure at the beginning if Bernard still remembered/knew he was a host, but that question was answered when he 'repaired' himself.
amercer
AG
When they were removing that hosts brain, they were also swabbing the naughty bits. I assume that's were the guests dna was...

Maybe the MiB just had his shoulder popped out of joint and not his arm broken by Delores?
amercer
AG
Also the NPR review this morning said season 2 was more plot and less philosophy. I guess that was inevitable, but I hope they don't abandon it all together.
M.C. Swag
AG
amercer said:

When they were removing that hosts brain, they were also swabbing the naughty bits. I assume that's were the guests dna was...
Ahh i missed that.
Dro07
AG
M.C. Swag said:

• Why were they taking guest's DNA?/How does that even work? I don't understand how guest dna would be acquired via a Hosts 'brain'? Unless i misinterpreted that scene.

I think this is a prequel to Altered Carbon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.