***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,397 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's several ways it would be pretty easy to accomplish, not the least of all is that they've already said they all (except for Maeve now and maybe Bernard) have an explosive device in their spine designed to blow up if they get outside the facility. Presumably they could flip the switch on those if they wanted to.

That's what I mean by obviously there is a plot device(s) that make it so that they don't want to permanently destroy everything.
TCTTS
AG
This feels kind of like the whole Facebook / Cambridge Analytica thing combined with the current state of self-driving cars, only the super-advanced sci-fi version. The data Delos is likely collecting from guests could be more valuable than any other assets they have. But the data they're collecting from the hosts could be similarly valuable, akin to the data being collected from self-driving cars used to map out every last street and situation imaginable. Where as a self-driving car wreck can offer incredibly valuable data in that field, so too can the hosts being put in this situation we're going to see in season two. I'm sure there's a more sinister bent as well, but it's cool to see how the showrunners could be using present day scenarios/ideas to explore their world and set certain plot threads.
bobinator
AG
I think there's an interesting debate this show could have about whether or not an AI has a right to privacy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a great take.
Boo Weekley
Gonna see fewer tiddies than last yr.
TCTTS
AG
Right on queue...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tonight.
G Martin 87
amercer
AG
Rewatched the finale last night. Ready to go. I haven't been keeping up but I did catch the trailer and this season looks awesome
TCTTS
AG
Over the past couple weeks I rewatched the season one finale, watched the chronological timeline cut from The Outline, and listened to both recent Binge Mode products recapping season one (all linked to below)...

So ready for tonight.

Anyone have an idea when the new episode will be available on HBO go?
TCTTS
AG
I think episodes are usually available simultaneously or maybe a few minutes after the episode has ended. I'd be surprised if it wasn't up within a few minutes of the episode ending on cable, if not well before.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They go up the second it starts on cable.
Liquid Wrench
Oooooh I didn't realize it was tonight.

duck79
AG
Watching the finale again. The bot they are using for target practice at the reception is Simon from The Walking dead.

That was probably already posted
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Up on HBO Now
JAggie2007
AG
Here we go!
zgood10
AG
Dolores
tk for tu juan
So much for that broken right arm from last season
TXAG14
Pretty good episode. Excited to see how they tie the different time lines together again.
Bunk Moreland
Meh. Underwhelmed with the season premiere.

Im at an unfortunate moment where I don't give nearly enough ****s during the scenes that I'm supposed to, and I don't like that feeling.
3rdGen2015
AG
So who here thinks we aren't dealing with multiple time frames
TCTTS
AG
I absolutely loved season one, but will be the first to admit that it was a little too calculated/sterile at times, and its lack of immediate, life-or-death stakes was a hurdle it definitely had to overcome (which it did in the end).

But man, season two is a whole other ballgame now that the stakes are "real" and we know that the hosts are, for all intents and purposes, "alive" (or some version of it). Just, wow. I truly found myself hanging on every moment and every line of tonight's premiere in ways I never have before.

Further, this episode solidified for me that even more than Game of Thrones, every major character feels like the lead when we're with them. Which is such an incredible feat. As the episode began with Barnard's point of view, I thought, "Of course. This is HIS story and it should be seen through his eyes. He's the key to all of this." Then we shifted to Delores and I immediately thought, "Wait, no, Westworld is obviously HER story. SHE'S the key to it all." Then we shifted to Maeve and I thought the exact same thing, and again with William after that. From a story-telling perspective, that's so cool and exciting. I was never not fully invested in whoever the show was focusing on, and I can't begin to emphasize how hard that is to pull off - something this show wasn't capable of even just a few short episodes ago.

Finally, I love that the goals/mysteries this go around are seemingly more tangible and immediate at the outset. With every storyline and major character, there are clear, opposing factions/needs, but with just enough mystery, and it's all set up so perfectly in the premiere.

Damn, it's great to finally have this show back. It's been too many months since we've had a signature show to all rally around and obsess over, and the fact that it's better than ever makes it all the more sweet.
TCTTS
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

So who here thinks we aren't dealing with multiple time frames

I love that they're going this route again, but making it more obvious this time, with just enough mind-f*ckery. From the time we last see Barnard and Hale in that secret bunker, to when Barnard is found on the shore and the rescue team arrives, two weeks passed. In that time, Bernard somehow killed all the host, save for likely the key figures, and Hale is obviously no longer with him. Such a cool set up to now start peeling back the layers of events over those two weeks.
Robert C. Christian
AG
duck79 said:

Watching the finale again. The bot they are using for target practice at the reception is Simon from The Walking dead.

That was probably already posted

I think you mean Trevor from GTA V.
TCTTS
AG
Also, the new "In the Weeks Ahead" preview...

TCTTS
AG
For what it's worth, the skyline in the those city shots is 100% Los Angeles. I don't know if they'll actually treat it as LA and not just a generic, "mainland" city, but it's intersting nonetheless.
Dro07
AG
It looks like from the week ahead look that william was able to get Deloris off the island and out to the "real" world?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

So was that Teddy FLOOD floating in the water.... could not tell for sure but..... kinda makes sense right.

amercer
AG
He killed them?

I thought Bernard said "he killed them", which I assumed meant Ford.

amercer
AG
Yeah I was trying to figure out who that was, since clearly it was someone we're supposed to recognize, but I didn't
TCTTS
AG
I'm almost positive he said "I", but you could be right. Let me check again...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Oh and 9 year old creepy kid channeling a great Anthony Hopkins demeanor and cadence.

YellowPot_97
AG
TCTTS said:

For what it's worth, the skyline in the those city shots is 100% Los Angeles. I don't know if they'll actually treat it as LA and not just a generic, "mainland" city, but it's intersting nonetheless.

Is it the main land real world or another park? My money is on another park.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.