***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,242 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought William had already mentioned the door before. Or one of the children that Ford was speaking through did, but maybe I just imagined that.
Complete Idiot
No, I probably just forgot. Too much info in the show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Complete Idiot
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not sure what they are implying here but I had noted the Mesa, where ford is, is up above and William's demented project, the valley, is down below.
bobinator
AG
I assume it's a Dante's Inferno reference.
Complete Idiot
That's what i was thinking but I had already had the hell hole thing in my head so wasn't sure if that's what they meant. Definitely a lot of good and evil and creator and destroyer in the subtext if the show
bobinator
AG
Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I'm referring to that's interesting to talk about, but isn't really a "theory" that I don't like when the recappables talk about.

This whole season has had a lot of "above and below" references, imagery, etc.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator
AG
I just watched the preview for next week again and I'm convinced this is going to be an absolutely wild episode. Can't wait.
Complete Idiot
Some people don't like to watch trailers...

Some interesting trailer scenes that haven't been discussed but are a bit curious are one with James Delos walking away from Logan in a poolside setting, Clementine riding a horse very fast being chased/followed by two Delos buggies, Maeve running away in a scene where hosts are fighting hosts, Clementine in the lab looking through glass as hosts fight hosts. You have Bernard holding a gun, another Bernard scene where he says "this isn't a dream its a nightmare". Some good stuff in last two episodes. Trailer for episode 9 sure makes it seem melancholy and we'll learn about some deep evil or sadness within William. We may find out why his wife killed herself, perhaps she didn't agree with the immortality project or perhaps discovers the project and realizes William was never going to offer it to her. But the trailer portends sadness.
Counterpoint
AG
bobinator said:

All HBO shows ever? Wire World would be super dark.
How fun would it be to annoy Host Larry in Curb World?
How crazy would True Blood World be?
Txgunrnnr
AG
Counterpoint said:

bobinator said:

Or, how about Sopranos World!
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Sapper Redux
Txgunrnnr said:

Counterpoint said:

bobinator said:

It's great right up until the...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Txgunrnnr said:

Counterpoint said:

bobinator said:

It's great right up until the...

I see what you did th.....
Robert C. Christian
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

Counterpoint said:

bobinator said:

Think I will pass on Oz World.
mazag08
AG
I would pay a lot of money to visit Eatbound and Down world.
Counterpoint
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Txgunrnnr said:

Counterpoint said:

bobinator said:

Think I will pass on Oz World.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is not very stable engineering.
plowboy1065
S
aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is not very stable engineering.

Kinda goes along with the overall plot sometimes
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bobinator said:

It's literally just a train to Baltimore.
bobinator
AG
Guy 1: "Oh man, it was the best vacation ever. Everything was SO realistic, it was crazy. Like the bullets actually really hurt! I have bruises all over! And when they punch you it really hurts also, at one point I got knocked out and left inside of an abandoned building and they nailed the door closed. It took me like two days to escape. I was only addicted to Heroine for last two years afterwards, but getting to spend a few days unloading boats at the docks with really cool, like I didn't know that was a job that people actually do!."

Friend: "Sounds like you paid a year's salary to do hard labor and get addicted to drugs..."
Guy: "Yeah! It was great!"
Friend: "You know you could just like... actually do that..."
bobinator
AG
Since we're all just wasting time until Sunday, where does everyone fall on the William host or not a host debate?

I'm currently in the corner of team he's a host/clone. I think we're going to see that he committed suicide and Ford replaced him.

Where y'all at on this, reasons?
JJxvi
AG
Human.
TCTTS
AG
I'm afraid he is (a host), but if so, I won't like it at all. It's fine having one character previously unaware in Bernard, but if William is, and they pull the exact same stunt/reveal as last season, we're going to start questioning every human on the show. That, and I just don't see the point in it other than it being a "Gotcha!" moment.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just spitballing --

After his wife killed herself, out of guilt for all the things he had done, he created a host of himself that is constantly being punished and can never escape the park.

I haven't done the mental gymnastics to figure out how to justify it.
Brick Tamland
I love the score in this series. My favorites are the piano/instrumental versions of songs like Heart Shaped Box, Black Hole Sun, etc.
bobinator
AG
A theory I've been kind of workshopping in my head is if Ford is trying to set it up to where William isn't sure if he's real or not. I don't quite have all the pieces lined up here, but that does seem like it would be a kind of hell for him. He's not sure what's real or isn't, he's not sure if his memories are real, they won't let him die, that sort of thing.

That's the only scenario that I've come up with that would lead him to consider shooting himself like we've seen in the trailer.
TCTTS
AG
That could be interesting. I dig it.
mavsfan4ever
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm afraid he is (a host), but if so, I won't like it at all. It's fine having one character previously unaware in Bernard, but if William is, and they pull the exact same stunt/reveal as last season, we're going to start questioning every human on the show. That, and I just don't see the point in it other than it being a "Gotcha!" moment.
Ha I've wondered if at the end of the series the big reveal is going to be that everyone is hosts and that humans have been extinct for many years. Some of the hosts evolved quicker or became awakened earlier than others and set everything up to where they were in control of everything and made the other hosts believe they were human and in charge. Would be pretty dumb, but this show is so confusing I can't rule out anything.

bobinator
AG
Yeah, I've had some of those galaxy-brain level thoughts where it's like what if EVERYONE is a host at some level, haha.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've heard the term "galaxy brain" more times than I can count this week. Can someone explain?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Take my heart when you go"

Akane taking out Sakura's heart

Heart Shaped Box
Breggy Popup
AG
bobinator said:

Since we're all just wasting time until Sunday, where does everyone fall on the William host or not a host debate?

I'm currently in the corner of team he's a host/clone. I think we're going to see that he committed suicide and Ford replaced him.

Where y'all at on this, reasons?

Human until evidence presented otherwise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.