***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

256,220 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
cr0wbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It all makes sense now...

I don't know if the James Delos actor is Scottish, but I recognized him as that Missouri farmer from Ozarks...Where I couldn't understand a word he said then either
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
He is Scottish
TCTTS
AG
Unintelligible or not, dude is intimidating as hell in both shows. I want to see him get more work.
Belton Ag
AG
I really like his character in Ozark, he's much more compelling an antagonist than the cartel guys. For sure I'd like to see him in more stuff.
TCTTS
AG
I'm finding my anticipation for new episodes now rivaling that of my anticipation for certain blockbusters. T-minus two hours!
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm finding my anticipation for new episodes now rivaling that of my anticipation for certain blockbusters. T-minus two hours!

The only problem is when you hit 40, the beers at the Sunday afternoon bbq make it hard to stay up til 10....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's do this thing!
TCTTS
AG
Move to the West Coast. Starts at 6 PM out here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy *****!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So, whatever the bullets are can't hurt humans normally, regardless of who shoots the gun.

How are hosts now able to kill humans with those same bullets?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So, whatever the bullets are can't hurt humans normally, regardless of who shoots the gun.

Probably science or something...
zgood10
AG
She has a dragon
M.C. Swag
AG
This is getting...not good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This episode turned it up to 11.
Quinn
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Asked that exact same question while watching toniight.
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

Don't remind me. 12 years in SD before being exiled to the east coast.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Stolen from Reddit:

According to the source of the discoverwestworld.com, the following is mentioned in the terms of Delo Destination:

(c) All weapons and equipment used within Delos parks are the exclusive property of Delos, Inc. Gun ammunition contains proprietary safeguards related to bullet velocity, and tampering with gun safety features or ammunition automatically transfers liability to you and absolves Delos, Inc. of any injury or death that may occur as a result.

Also, as said in the interview by Jonathan Nolan himself:

In the original film, the guns won't operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they're shot it has sort of the impact. They're called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we're talking about. But there's a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it's not entirely consequence-free for the guests.

So I guess the guns have safeguards in them that can recognize humans versus host and change the speed of the round depending on what it's being aimed at.
amercer
AG
Awesome episode. Debunks a couple theories that were out last week.
mazzag
AG
So is bengal hunter lady MIB's daughter?
amercer
AG
mazzag said:

So is bengal hunter lady MIB's daughter?

I figured her for dead. If she survives, then she probably does have those genetics.
amercer
AG
I get the feeling Delores intends to make it out alone.
Sapper Redux
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think they mentioned in an earlier episode that Ford reprogrammed the guns.
Complete Idiot
amercer said:

I get the feeling Delores intends to make it out alone.
Belton Ag
AG
I'm wondering if Bernard transferred the file into himself before Abernathy was taken away. Also, if the conscience of James Delos was in fact transferred into Abernathy (the massive file Bernard was talking about), it would make sense why he melted down last season when he found the picture that Young William dropped in the park years before. It would have been a picture of Delos' young daughter.
bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah the only way this works is if we assume their hook up session happened before Ford's code kicked in so that the guns read everyone as hosts. Bernard said in the first episode this season that that could be what's happening so that the hosts can shoot the humans.

But yeah, that scene basically potentially introduced a plot hole for no reason.
Breggy Popup
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think they mentioned in an earlier episode that Ford reprogrammed the guns.

QA person said in this episode "Simunitions are offline".
bobinator
AG
Belton Ag said:

I'm wondering if Bernard transferred the file into himself before Abernathy was taken away. Also, if the conscience of James Delos was in fact transferred into Abernathy (the massive file Bernard was talking about), it would make sense why he melted down last season when he found the picture that Young William dropped in the park years before. It would have been a picture of Delos' young daughter.

I think he definitely transferred the file into himself, whatever it is.
TV Casualty
AG
amercer said:

TCTTS said:

Don't remind me. 12 years in SD before being exiled to the east coast.

I'm stuck on eastern time as well and it's the worst timezone by far.
TCTTS
AG
Belton Ag said:

Oh, great call.
TCTTS
AG
And yeah, that was definitely Emily (William's daughter) in the beginning and toward the end.
amercer
AG
I think Maeve getting called out for reprogramming Hector was my favorite part of the episode.

She's the most free of the hosts, and suddenly she's not so different from her former masters. Still a lot more humanity than Delores who seems hell bent on becoming Skynet.

Also, enjoyed seeing a little more geography. Looks like there is one central headquarters with each park having it's own train to connect it to headquarters.
TV Casualty
AG
bobinator said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah the only way this works is if we assume their hook up session happened before Ford's code kicked in so that the guns read everyone as hosts. Bernard said in the first episode this season that that could be what's happening so that the hosts can shoot the humans.

But yeah, that scene basically potentially introduced a plot hole for no reason.

Obviously, the tiger they found in episode one is the same tiger that Grace was running from. That opening scene had to of occurred at roughly the same time as when things went down in Westworld.
TCTTS
AG
Grace? Did they say her name?
Breggy Popup
AG
TCTTS said:

Grace? Did they say her name?
CC had her labelled as Grace. Actress is credited as Grace as well. Doesn't mean anything though. I believe Ed Harris was credited as "Man In Black" until he was revealed as William.

Her notebook and Bernard's iPad when he was looking at the file inside Abernathy had the same symbol on them. Not sure what that means but I suspect "Grace" is someone with intimate knowledge of the parks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

And yeah, that was definitely Emily (William's daughter) in the beginning and toward the end.

Wait why are people even making this connection? Did I miss something?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.