***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

204,772 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Danny Phantom said:

gigem1223 said:

Kleber needs to sit
Hardaway too

Hardaway at least has hit some key 3s. Kleber can't buy a bucket.
Danny Phantom
I don't mind him catching & shooting it's when he starts trying to create his own offense that I get frustrated
gigem1223
And Kleber is getting destroyed by Kawhi
Danny Phantom
Lukas hurt
gigem1223
Welp there goes any chances we had. That looked painful
gigem1223
Zero defense tonight
gigem1223
Burke has passed up 2 open 3s to create nothing
TheMasterplan
Dallas is ass tonight.

Got way too hyped up after game 2.

Unlikely to come back with Kawhi playing the way he's playing. Luka has gotta step it up in the next game.
NukeAg10
AG
You know it's not your night when garbage players are hitting buzzer beater 3's and Luka rolls his ankle.
Saint Pablo
Just imagine if roles were reversed...
gigem1223
Mavs ain't going away easy. Bench has stepped it up
gigem1223
Saint Pablo said:

Just imagine if roles were reversed...

eQuaLIty
gigem1223
And Kleber continues to get destroyed
Phat32
AG
Lots of blacks jumping on Twitter saying it's fine and not a racial slur.

Okay, so Luka says "***** ass black *****".

That would still prevent him from ever playing in the NBA again.

What a blatant example of the garbage double standard we have created.
EconAg18
AG
I was pretty indifferent to the Clippers prior to this series, but damn, they are all a bunch of punks. Taking cheap shots and having to resort to trying to get under the skin of a younger team. Regardless of how this series ends I genuinely hope the Clippers, and the majority of their players, never sniff a championship again.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
You misspelled thugs.
Danny Phantom
Oh come on guys, lets quit the pearl clutching haha. In any diverse basketball game the term white boy comes up whenever a white player does anything good. "Damn that white boy can play" for example is used all the time when talking about Luka.

"***** ass ___" is also an often used phrase in basketball. Usually it's another adjective outside of white boy that you can't say. It's more trash talking than anything else.

And on trash talking, I personally like it. In my opinion there should be more of it like they did in the 90's. Of course the refs wouldn't allow too much of that since they give out techs like candy on halloween. It makes for a more entertaining game and there's no reason why we shouldn't be backing it up with our play. These are grown men playing not high schoolers.
Saint Pablo
My point was only that if the roles were reversed and Luka said, "***** ass black boy" the internet, NBA, and people would be losing their minds. I may be wrong tho.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I hope those followill fanboys were listening to the post game show on the ticket. He doesn't have a ****ing clue.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
So if that's said to a black player, you would call the reaction "pearl clutching"? Didn't think so. Just admit your double standard.
Danny Phantom
Saint Pablo said:

My point was only that if the roles were reversed and Luka said, "***** ass black boy" the internet, NBA, and people would be losing their minds. I may be wrong tho.
Oh you're 100% right, but you'd have to be one dumb white boy to say that! Lol

In an ideal world, neither one of those phrases would cause controversy but thats not the world we live in.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I hope those followill fanboys were listening to the post game show on the ticket. He doesn't have a ****ing clue.
can you shut the **** up already?
True Anomaly
AG
EconAg18 said:

I was pretty indifferent to the Clippers prior to this series, but damn, they are all a bunch of punks. Taking cheap shots and having to resort to trying to get under the skin of a younger team. Regardless of how this series ends I genuinely hope the Clippers, and the majority of their players, never sniff a championship again.
Derek Harper said that the Clippers can't beat the Mavs straight up, so they have to resort to cheap shots and psych games to get a leg up. While Harp is the biggest Mavs homer ever, there's a lot of truth to that
gordo97
AG
Rockets fan here.... I can't stand the clippers..... I really wanna see Luka and Porzingins unleash on them the rest of the series and eliminate them..... I really hope Luka can come back from that ankle sprain
Pantera
AG
Rockets fan pulling for the wunderkind this afternoon.

Pvilleaggie
What the hell could have happened to Porzingis?? Basically a must win and he's out with "soreness"? Wtf
gigem1223
Kleber
Saint Pablo
Dude is charmin soft.
Pantera
AG
Luka is the most beat up superstar in the NBA. Anyone else at his level would be getting calls left and right
Saint Pablo
All this just to have Porzingis sit out.
PatAg
AG
Pantera said:

Luka is the most beat up superstar in the NBA. Anyone else at his level would be getting calls left and right
Yep, even though he does draw fouls, he should easily be getting 3-4 more on drives than he does. Clippers are being allowed to play dirty
gigem1223
Welp at least we got 1 game I guess. KP's really showing his vagina. How the hell do you sit game 3 down 2-1?
jeffdjohnson
Beating the Clippers was going to be tough, but its near impossible without Luka and KP both being fully healthy and available. Watching this Barrea and Justin Jackson lineup get roasted makes me want to gouge out my eyes.
Pantera
AG
Single digits at the half is looking a lot better than down 20. Would love to see Boban get deeper in the paint on Zubac
Danny Phantom
We're missing Dwight Powell right about now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.