***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

190,053 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Post removed:
by user
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should KP be wearing some kind of knee brace? Is there something that could offer some reinforcement there, or is that truly ineffective?
True Anomaly
AG
chris1515 said:

Should KP be wearing some kind of knee brace? Is there something that could offer some reinforcement there, or is that truly ineffective?
Ryan Broekhoff broke his fibula, but he hasn't been wearing anything when on the sidelines.

Sports medicine is such a weird science. However, I trust the Mavs medical staff
Post removed:
by user
Blindside05
AG
Powell down with non-contact injury.....
gigem1223
Initial thoughts is Achilles and done for season
Blindside05
AG
gigem1223 said:

Yea, that replay pretty much confirms it
Danny Vermin
That looked horrible. Powell is such a classy guy.
BallerStaf2003
AG
gigem1223 said:

Looked exactly like Kevin durants
PooDoo
AG
Boban is a huge mismatch... I love him.
MW03
AG
I love Kleber's game.
Phat32
AG
****ing Kawhi is incredible
PatAg
AG
I thought for SURE Hardaway was going to drain that 3 as Luka is passing it to him after the Wright steal. ****
Phat32
AG
Losing Powell is a problem. But not as much of a problem as it is a gain to get the Unicorn back.

The Clippers are ****ing good. I think they're going to win it all.
t - cam
AG
yukmonkey said:

Losing Powell is a problem. But not as much of a problem as it is a gain to get the Unicorn back.

The Clippers are ****ing good. I think they're going to win it all.

They're going to be the favorite for a while.

NoahAg
Feel bad for Powell. Dude has just gotten better every year.
mavsfan4ever
AG
If clippers play lakers in wcf I'll empt my gambling account on clippers if they are even or better.

But I'll probably my gambling account on Mavs every round before that so won't have anything left....
mavsfan4ever
AG
Really sucks for Powell. I knew it as soon as he hit the floor and grabbed for his calf. Feel terrible for him.

That will hurt us but we can survive if Kleber plays more minutes along with KP.
Infection_Ag11
AG
yukmonkey said:

****ing Kawhi is incredible

He's amazing, but his reputation has led to the officiating mindset that if he does something it must not be a foul because he did it. He gets to do WHATEVER HE WANTS on defense. He reminds me of Richard Sherman, who gets to manhandle receivers at will because it's not PI if he does it.

He'd foul out of every single game if his defense were officiated at the league average. He gets so many strip steals because he hooks ball handlers as they go by all the time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
I didn't hate seeing Boban on the court with KP either. Definitely a kick in the knackers to lose Powell, though.
True Anomaly
AG
With Dwight out, I'd rather see KP take the 5 position and leave Boban off the bench. Maxi can take Powell's minutes and give you two guys who can play 3 and D- Maxi and Dodo. That leaves your bench of Boban-JJax-Curry- Delon- Barea. Your bench has little defense outside of Boban but Delon can pickpocket players well.
wealeat09
AG
That loss sucks, but all told it wasn't a horrible game considering.
PatAg
AG
I dont see us playing Boban any more minutes than he has been, because I dont think he can and be effective
fightinags2013
AG
Teams will abuse Boban in the pick and roll if he starts to get big minutes. Clippers gave him a dose of it tonight, and he held up okay a few times, and got abused a few others.

With Powell out, and the trade deadline looming, look for the Mavs to put some combo of Wright, Brunson, J Jackson, and the GSW 2nd round pick into some sort of package for a rotation big man who can roll. I would hate to see Wright go, because I think he provides some good defense for opposing guards.
t - cam
AG
I hope we don't try to do too much. We are very early on our process of becoming a great team. Don't get dumb this year.

M.C. Swag
AG
Well unfortunately the Dwight injury may force the issue. We have to add another athletic big.

Odds say Dwight will never play at his former level again. So the Mavs short term desire to add a big just turned into a long term NEED.

Also Delon Wrights brother has been tweeting all kinds of stuff (re: Delons lack of PT). Sounds like a disgruntled player situation which would also lend itself to a move.
Post removed:
by user
jeffdjohnson
t - cam said:

I hope we don't try to do too much. We are very early on our process of becoming a great team. Don't get dumb this year.

I agree. I would only look to use some combination of Lee / TPE / 2nd round picks. If a more long term piece came along then I would throw one of Brunson / Wright on the table.

I never really understood why the Mavericks liked Powell (as a player) so much over the last few years. He is a mediocre rebounder who doesn't shoot 3's or protect the rim. Having said that, Carslisle / Luka really made him into a valuable player. Powell has unbelievable touch around the rim and is perfect in the pick and roll. I do think a lot of what he does can be replaced but not by anyone on the roster. Myles Turner would be the best case but I can't figure out what the Mavs would have to give up or why the Pacers would let him go.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Turner would be a dream best case scenario. But I don't think there is any way the Pacers would give him up for anything the Mavs can offer. I don't see why they would give him up to any team, but I know there have been some rumors about Boston, etc being interested in him, so maybe the Pacers are open to offers.
MW03
AG
While I agree that Powell's injury is concerning about his long term prospects, I also think Dallas is really far ahead of schedule right now. I hope the front office fixes that in their minds and doesn't mortgage important role player pieces.
jeffdjohnson
MW03 said:

While I agree that Powell's injury is concerning about his long term prospects, I also think Dallas is really far ahead of schedule right now. I hope the front office fixes that in their minds and doesn't mortgage important role player pieces.

Yeah, I would have a very hard time giving up Seth Curry, Finney-Smith and Kleber ($20M combined with a lot production) in any non-superstar deal. Doncic and Porzingis are untouchable. And (can't believe I'm saying this) Hardaway Jr is pretty much playing up to his contract. He is perfect in this role and I would hate to give him up at this point.

Andre Drummond would be the fascinating name to watch. He is good in the pick and roll and a much better defender/rebounder than Powell. The problem is that Porzingis/Drummond doesn't work defensively. Someone would get pulled out to the perimeter and get roasted. Still, if Detroit would take a pu-pu platter involving Wright / Lee / 2nd rounder then I consider it.
MW03
AG
What about Marcus Morris?
chris1515
AG
MW03 said:

Agreed. The Mavs are not winning the championship this season. So don't make a decision that weakens the 2022 team...just so you can make it to the 2nd round of this years playoffs before getting beaten.
True Anomaly
AG
Iowaggie
AG
What about Courtney Lee and 1 or 2 second round picks for Andre Iguodala?

Memphis saves $4 mm on player they may waive March 2nd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.