****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,952 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
TMACsDaMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wowGolden oppdenied by schmeichel
Thunder18
AG
Guess he was waiting for a completely open goal

Disregard- looks like it was an OG
PatAg
AG
Saka ALMOST waited to long to send that across

What a throughball from Kane (i think)
TMACsDaMan
saka and sterling
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice square ball from Saka. Sterling finishes well.

Edit- own goal
TMACsDaMan
own goal
TMACsDaMan
this is getting fun
KCup17
AG
Yeah that goal wont be awarded to Sterling even though he would love for it to.
aggiephoenix02
TMACsDaMan said:

this is getting fun
Yes, now we have a game brewing...
PatAg
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

own goal
I guess if you are going to have an own goal, thats the best scenario. Its going in no matter what, might as well try
Mike Elko
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Nice square ball from Saka. Sterling dives well.
FIFY. He's such a b*tch.
OneBlitzer
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

OneBlitzer said:

Nice square ball from Saka. Sterling dives well.
FIFY. He's such a b*tch.
I approve!
Max Power
AG
KCup17
AG
Slabhead gonna slabhead
Max Power
AG
I would just like to say that after watching this much soccer over the last month that it's so much more enjoyable to watch an uninterrupted match. Good lord the number of time outs in football has gotten out of hand. We get 45 minutes of play, halftime wear we get some commentary and commercials, then another 45 minutes of play. Most games done in 2 hours, period. I get that soccer doesn't lend itself to advertising like the NFL, NBA, or MLB, but it certainly helps reinforce that it's a better viewing experience. The commentators also don't seem to be under as much pressure to just keep running their mouths for the entire game, they seem to be better equipped to allow the fan to just hear what's going on in the stadium.
aggiephoenix02
About the announcers

Some of the best commentary in sports is when knowledgeable announcers have stretches where they only call the players names on passes. You hear the flow of the crowd and game action and the announcers stay out of the way.

"Meola to Cherundolo... 'Dolo to Ramos... to Dooley... back to Ramos... Donovan... Donovan to Ching..."
wangus12
AG
Grealish coming on. Hope Denmark can hang on there. Taking off Saka instead of an invisible Mount seems dumb
Max Power
AG
They need to take Kane out, he's a non-factor right now. England needs fresh legs.
PatAg
AG
Max Power said:

I would just like to say that after watching this much soccer over the last month that it's so much more enjoyable to watch an uninterrupted match. Good lord the number of time outs in football has gotten out of hand. We get 45 minutes of play, halftime wear we get some commentary and commercials, then another 45 minutes of play. Most games done in 2 hours, period. I get that soccer doesn't lend itself to advertising like the NFL, NBA, or MLB, but it certainly helps reinforce that it's a better viewing experience. The commentators also don't seem to be under as much pressure to just keep running their mouths for the entire game, they seem to be better equipped to allow the fan to just hear what's going on in the stadium.
I'd love to watch and NFL game that doesn't just repeatedly cut away to commercials
gougler08
AG
That should be a PK
KCup17
AG
That would be a tough PK given.
aggiephoenix02
PatAg said:

Max Power said:

I'd love to watch and NFL game that doesn't just repeatedly cut away to commercials
I would pay extra to watch college football games with no on air announcers, just the game, crowd, band and stadium pa announcer. It would be like you're actually at the game...
wangus12
AG
Agreed. That would have been so harsh
Teacher_Ag
AG
Mistake to sub Saka off.
aggiephoenix02
SIX minutes of stoppage time!?!
TMACsDaMan
The english fans are running out of fingernails to chew
gougler08
AG
Denmark really bunkering in
aggiephoenix02
Yay, more soccer!
Max Power
AG
I seriously can't deal with that damn middle school girls haircut of Grealish. He's a close second to Gareth Bale in the most annoying haircuts in Europe.
Jim01
AG
Phil Foden is about to come in with an equally hideous cut.
TMACsDaMan
Foden = Gazza 2.0
Max Power
AG
I can deal with Foden's homage to Eminem, I can't deal with Grealish's homage to the Spice Girls.
wangus12
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

The english fans are running out of fingernails to chew

Well of they happen to go out we get to hear them ***** and moan about an iffy penalty till the World Cup next year
Jim01
AG
I'd say it looks more like an homage to Annie Lennox
TMACsDaMan
i know the English succeeded in penalties in 2018 but if it goes to penalties can they be trusted?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.