****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,927 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
aeroag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh no said:

aeroag14 said:

Well, as fun as those 2 games were, I guess now i need to go do all the work I should have been doing all day while i watched
try to be extra productive for a couple hours now... England - Germany at 11a and Sweden - Ukraine at 2p tomorrow!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at 11. Going to be sitting in the office watching the game haha
wangus12
AG
aeroag14 said:

oh no said:

aeroag14 said:

Well, as fun as those 2 games were, I guess now i need to go do all the work I should have been doing all day while i watched
try to be extra productive for a couple hours now... England - Germany at 11a and Sweden - Ukraine at 2p tomorrow!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at 11. Going to be sitting in the office watching the game haha

I am the doctors office and have all the matches going in my office
ptothemo
AG
What. A. Day.

ac04
amazing games today.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Don't know for sure if this is real or not but apparently a guy bet 1.90 Euro on both matches today ending in a 3:3 tie (assessed at the end of 90 minutes) and won 42,750 Euro!

oh no
AG
No copa America thread. I keep switching between Uruguay-Paraguay and Argentina-Bolivia
Jason_Ag98
AG
There is one, it's just dead compared to the EURO thread:

https://texags.com/forums/51/topics/3204249
ptothemo
AG
The commas and periods in those numbers are so damn confusing, so I'm just going to trust you on how much they bet and how much they won.
cypress-ag
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Well earned and deserved win for Czechia. The Dutch seemed to lose steam after the first 15 minutes.
No one calls it Czechia.... the people there absolutely hate that name and it's only the Euro Nationals pushing that horrible name.
planoaggie123
AG
oh no said:

aeroag14 said:

Third monitor should make it a non-issue granted I am more casual observer and if I miss the run of play occasionally it's not a big deal
Bryan98
AG
You guys won't know - can't know - but a great victory was had for Texas A&M today!

See, my soccer text group with my friends is almost all Aggies, and one Frenchman married to a longhorn. I was pretty neutral on today's game. At times I've pulled for the French because of this friend (Euro 2016), and at times against (World Cup 2018) because he can be pretty obnoxious, even though he's a good guy.

So I didn't really care about today's game but I assumed this flashy, talented French team would continue to march towards the final. 81st minute, they're up 3-1, and out of nowhere my French friend talks trash, comparing Switzerland to the Ags and France to Bama! Naturally, the rest of us started pulling for the Swiss.

3-2 was hilarious. And yet, Mr. Arrogance doubles down by talking trash about the Ags again! We warned him he was tempting fate. At 3-3 I asked him if he had any thoughts on A&M's upcoming season and he said "Could be good for you!" XD Lesson learned, I guess, but it was too late.
Mike Elko
AG
"Frenchman married to a longhorn"

And there you have it, two of the most arrogant fanbases on the planet. They're perfect for each other!
wangus12
AG
Just wait if England wins today. I'd say they're more entitled than France. France has won multiple World Cups and a Euro in the last 25 years. They've earned some of that arrogance. England hasn't won anything in 55+ years and still act like they're the greatest team to ever play.
akm91
AG
I'd have to agree with you regarding the English fans. "Football is coming home" for 55+ years apparently...
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
KCup17
AG
I think partially why they feel that way is due to the PL arguably being the best/hardest league in the world and then on top of that the English invented soccer. Whether right or wrong they exude snobbery because of it. I don't think I've ever seen a country hate yet love their national team as much as the English do.

That being said I am confident that it is not coming home this year.
Bryan98
AG
akm91 said:

I'd have to agree with you regarding the English fans. "Football is coming home" for 55+ years apparently...

English fans will tell you that they don't mean it when they say it's coming home. It's subtle gallows humor. They expect heartbreak, based on many years of experience.
Furlock Bones
AG
So let me recap my day. I had to go to College Station for some meetings. Recorded Spain/Croatia and Swiss/France.

Get to lunch and the Spain game is on tv. Ok, I see the last 15 minutes of regular time and find out later that Spain won 5-3.

Got home last night and watched the second half and overtime of the match knowing what happens. But it was still good.

France v Switzerland I somehow avoided all social media, and I did not listen to SiriusXM FC on the way back home.

I wake up before everyone else in the house to watch without distraction. In the 109th minute, my FIL walks out and says, France Switzlerand. Oh that was yesterday. Can't believe the Swiss won.

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccc
Rudyjax
AG
Furlock Bones said:

So let me recap my day. I had to go to College Station for some meetings. Recorded Spain/Croatia and Swiss/France.

Get to lunch and the Spain game is on tv. Ok, I see the last 15 minutes of regular time and find out later that Spain won 5-3.

Got home last night and watched the second half and overtime of the match knowing what happens. But it was still good.

France v Switzerland I somehow avoided all social media, and I did not listen to SiriusXM FC on the way back home.

I wake up before everyone else in the house to watch without distraction. In the 109th minute, my FIL walks out and says, France Switzlerand. Oh that was yesterday. Can't believe the Swiss won.

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccc

Why do you live with your in-laws?
Furlock Bones
AG
they were visiting. does your family not visit you?
Rudyjax
AG
Furlock Bones said:

they were visiting. does your family not visit you?

Ahhhh. That might've been good information to add. I hate getting spoiled. Sorry.

I'm watching it right now but I know who wins.

Mathguy64
AG
If any match needs to go to kicks it's this one.
akm91
AG
Damn, Lowe is sticking with playing 3 in the back. At least he is starting Goretzka to add some protection for Hummels while playing Kimmich out of position.

If Sane wasn't so disastrous last time out, I'd have played him as right wingback and put Kimmich and Goretzka in central midfield to protect the backline and drop Kroos.
akm91
AG
Mathguy64 said:

If any match needs to go to kicks it's this one.
That's what the German fans are hoping for!
oh no
AG
that little preview/intro narrated by Ian McShane was great
Jason_Ag98
AG
I assume this incident is why they *were* visiting and not *are* visiting?
OregonAggie
AG
I already don't root for England but the fact that their dumbass fans are booing during the German national anthem is ridiculous. They're so easy to root against.
Mathguy64
AG
OregonAggie said:

I already don't root for England but the fact that their dumbass fans are booing during the German national anthem is ridiculous. They're so easy to root against.

And they sing God Bless America to boot.
PatAg
AG
Wonder if they will attempt to sing the 10 bombers song
PatAg
AG
Mathguy64 said:

OregonAggie said:

And they sing God Bless America to boot.
my country tis of thee
wangus12
AG
If you leave all 3 of Grealish, Mount and Foden out of the midfield, you deserve to go out Southgate
oh no
AG
Saka is good, but I'd have a hard time not starting Foden in an English lineup. ...and no Grealish? 3 in the back for both squads.
oh no
AG
Stones over Mings on that back line too?
Mathguy64
AG
Brain lock and crossed eyes from grading papers.
Mathguy64
AG
Interesting call. The offensive player threw his right leg into the defender. And he made Rice crap his pants when he grabbed his book with both cards.
PatAg
AG
I don't understand what I just saw, why did the ref allow two English players to stand about five yards from the ball? The ones that weren't part of the wall

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.