****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,913 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Back pass of all back passes.
Ag Since 83
AG
I know sometimes back passes are warranted, but one of these days coaches will remember there's a reason these guys are playing defense and goalie and not creative midfielder
LawHall88
AG
oh no
AG
that wasn't "playing it out of the back"

a negative pass to switch the field and recycle is fine. you should be looking to combine and break lines going FORWARD most of the time..... but that was bad bad bad bad... I bet espana wishes they had David De Gea in goal right now.
TRM
AG
Tied up.
oh no
AG
this is going to be a great match.
gougler08
AG
Off the keeper's head
oh no
AG
good first save by the keeper. his boys should have cleared it. spain did a great job cleaning up the second ball.
akm91
AG
Ugh, my stream crapped out....
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
wangus12
AG
Ugh can't stand Spain.
MB19
AG
Unai Simon is the most relieved man in the stadium right now.
oh no
AG
I like to root for croatia, but spain is just the better team right now. I hope there's an equalizer. I'd love extra time and pks in this one!
PatAg
AG
oh no said:

that wasn't "playing it out of the back"

a negative pass to switch the field and recycle is fine. you should be looking to combine and break lines going FORWARD most of the time..... but that was bad bad bad bad... I bet espana wishes they had David De Gea in goal right now.
I would say once the ball is going back to the goalkeeper, you've initiated Operation: Play It Out of the Back.
PatAg
AG
Prediction: Modric is going to bang one in soon
wangus12
AG
Been a good while, but I've seen that handball called before. Lucky he was being fouled
MB19
AG
That was a very productive long ball by Spain.
gougler08
AG
What horrible LB play from Croatia
oh no
AG
wangus12 said:

Been a good while, but I've seen that handball called before. Lucky he was being fouled
Like yesterday with Le Ligt for the Netherlands... he grabbed the ball going down thinking he was fouled.. and they called a handball and gave him a red card on VAR.
oh no
AG
some of the spaniard's theatrics, like morata there, are annoying as hell
oh no
AG
here we go.. make it interesting, Croatia!
jay07ag
AG
oh no said:

some of the spaniard's theatrics, like morata there, are annoying as hell
In my opinion its the worst thing about futbol/soccer. I really wish they would use VAR to start cracking down on the BS flops. Morata should be yellow carded for falling down and holding his face when he was clearly not even touched anywhere near his head. As a sports fan its such a turn off.
wangus12
AG
oh no said:

wangus12 said:

Like yesterday with Le Ligt for the Netherlands... he grabbed the ball going down thinking he was fouled.. and they called a handball and gave him a red card on VAR.
I'm in the camp that De Ligt clearly scoops that out of the way. This instance was a ball getting kicked into the arm while he's on the ground
wangus12
AG
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mathguy64
AG
Holy crap what a goal
planoaggie123
AG
GGOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
oh no
AG
LETTTS GO!!
PatAg
AG
This game is insane
MB19
AG
What a second half!
jay07ag
AG
WOW...we've got ourselves a ballgame now!!
randy828
AG
BEAUTIFUL tying goal!
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. These were night and day. De Ligt intentionally scooped the ball. It was DOGSO handling. He was a pro and knew it.
Mathguy64
AG
MB19 said:

Not so fast.
oh no
AG
wangus12 said:

oh no said:

wangus12 said:

I'm in the camp that De Ligt clearly scoops that out of the way. This instance was a ball getting kicked into the arm while he's on the ground
i know i agree. i know the scoop vs getting hit in the arm is the difference, but when you said you've seen hand ball called before and lucky he was being fouled, it reminded me of de ligt yesterday - that is what de ligt thought he was doing yesterday. he was getting fouled and trying to fall on the ball like attackers often do.. you just can't do that in the defensive 3rd in case they don't call the foul and the scoop looked bad but only really seen in slo mo VAR by fourth officials. i agree it was a red card, but i do think he was trying to fall on it and scooped it by the momentum of being knocked to the ground; he wasn't really scooping to deny a goal scoring opportunity.
randy828
AG
#21 from Spain, what the hell was that? LOL
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
MB19
AG
Mathguy64 said:

MB19 said:

Not so fast.
Croatia fans everywhere should be thanking me for jinxing him, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.