****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,928 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Texas shootout. Shooter starts 35 yards out with the ball, GK on the line. Blow the whistle and the the shooter has like 6 seconds to dribble and shoot on the move.

Yep, that's what we did when I was in high school. It's a crazy atmosphere when it comes down to those
deadbq03
AG
Honestly, these kinds of games are what I love about soccer.

If a team beats another team 4-3 in a 7 game series in basketball or baseball, are they really champs? They could play 9 and the other could win. And so on.

Soccer doesn't pretend. When it's close, just end the damn game and regardless of who "wins" every objective person will know it was a great contest and we're all beneficiaries of having seen it.
oh no
AG
I'll be driving from Dallas to Houston tomorrow during England - Denmark
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

Watch when you get there.
gougler08
AG
oh no said:

Could always stream the audio through your phone I guess? I've done this on long drives during dove season and just stream whatever the night college football game is to pass the time
KCup17
AG
I was making a similar drive earlier this tournament and I found a Spanish AM station covering the game that was on. I listened to that because I couldn't wait until after the drive to watch the game. Was pretty fun to listen to.
ChipFTAC01
AG
About 6 weeks ago I scheduled a meeting with my team to present/confirm the results of a project we've been "working" on for over a year and talking about for a couple. At the time it was, "We've got a couple of weeks worth left on this, let's schedule something in early July to give us a deadline."

The meeting is from 2-3 today.

Edit:And my wife and her mom are going to watch the game live. Through no fault of her own, she has a terrible poker face.
randy828
AG
Thunder18 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Texas shootout. Shooter starts 35 yards out with the ball, GK on the line. Blow the whistle and the the shooter has like 6 seconds to dribble and shoot on the move.

Yep, that's what we did when I was in high school. It's a crazy atmosphere when it comes down to those
We can find the olds on this thread. I was a keeper and we had a playoff game against Kingwood come down to these. I liked them better as it gave me a better chance, we knocked Kingwood out.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Max Power
AG
All the pressure today is on England. Playing at Wembley with a trip to the finals on the line against a team the majority of the planet has a soft spot for right now with what they've had to overcome. Can England overcome the pressure? Will the Danes continue on their Cinderella journey? Personally I'm pulling for Denmark because it's just a good story, but I'd also like to see England play to their potential, which happens rarely.

Prediction: England 2 - 1 Denmark

I think England finds a way to win this game, but they need to get on the board first. If Denmark scores before England it could break their spirits to the point they can't recover in time.
Thunder18
AG
randy828 said:

Thunder18 said:

Mathguy64 said:

We can find the olds on this thread. I was a keeper and we had a playoff game against Kingwood come down to these. I liked them better as it gave me a better chance, we knocked Kingwood out.

Damn man, I just turned 35 and still feel like I'm on the younger side of the spectrum of this board
OregonAggie
AG
Max Power said:

All the pressure today is on England. Playing at Wembley with a trip to the finals on the line against a team the majority of the planet has a soft spot for right now with what they've had to overcome. Can England overcome the pressure? Will the Danes continue on their Cinderella journey? Personally I'm pulling for Denmark because it's just a good story, but I'd also like to see England play to their potential, which happens rarely.

Prediction: England 2 - 1 Denmark

I think England finds a way to win this game, but they need to get on the board first. If Denmark scores before England it could break their spirits to the point they can't recover in time.

I don't think an earlier Denmark goal will break the spirit of England but it will keep Denmark inspired. This is 100% a home game for England so I don't think the outside pressure of the world wanting Denmark to win will have much impact on the game. It would if it were being played anywhere other than England though.

I think England wins 2-1 as well. I expect a good back and forth game.
Rudyjax
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

About 6 weeks ago I scheduled a meeting with my team to present/confirm the results of a project we've been "working" on for over a year and talking about for a couple. At the time it was, "We've got a couple of weeks worth left on this, let's schedule something in early July to give us a deadline."

The meeting is from 2-3 today.

Edit:And my wife and her mom are going to watch the game live. Through no fault of her own, she has a terrible poker face.

Well the good news is you'll get to see most of the 2nd half.
jay07ag
AG
I've got England 2-0. I think Denmark will finally run out of steam today, too much to overcome today with a true away game and an English side that is looking better every game. Guess we'll see, that's why we play the game!
wangus12
AG
Denmark 2-1. Iceland 2016 all over again for England.
aggiephoenix02
Let's go England!
Mathguy64
AG
The question is will Gareth Southgate screw this up? He's already swapped Sancho out for Saka.
Mathguy64
AG
3 fouls. All called.
Mathguy64
AG
Pickford tried to screw up.
KCup17
AG
I dont think Sancho played well enough against Ukraine to retain a starting spot.
wangus12
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The question is will Gareth Southgate screw this up? He's already swapped Sancho out for Saka.
Saka has performed better for England than Sancho or Foden. Kid has played 7 times internationally and has 4 MOTM awards to show for it.
OneBlitzer
AG
Wow! Nice goal!
aggiephoenix02
Impressive goal...
Max Power
AG
Wow, incredible goal.
Jim01
AG
That was a hell of a kick!
Thunder18
AG
Nasty FK

Will England answer the call or crumble under the pressure now
PatAg
AG
Thats a shame
wangus12
AG
Waiting for the headlines tomorrow that every club in England is linked with signing Mikkel Damsgaard
KCup17
AG
The longer the game stays 1-0 the more hostile the stadium will become for England.
TMACsDaMan
no one hates the english national team more than the english

Southgate may need to have the security detail on speed dial
wangus12
AG
I wouldn't be worried if I was England yet. Their best midfielder has started on the bench in every game in Grealish
aggiephoenix02
Denmark looks like the more dangerous team so far, England is gonna have to change some things at halftime...
aggiephoenix02
se la perdio
Max Power
AG
Sterling's going to want that one back.
Thunder18
AG
Sterling should've buried that
PatAg
AG
How does Sterling not bury that....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.