****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,904 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
EconAg18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should have been a goal for Wales there
Mathguy64
AG
Clever fast restart by Turkey almost got them a goal.
KCup17
AG
I really love the welsh crest.
TXAggie2011
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Otherwise they look terrible again
EconAg18
AG
Ramsey and Bale are a very fun combo
MB19
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Otherwise they look terrible again
Amazing that they thrashed Holland a couple of months ago...but then again the Dutch are coached by Frank De Boer. Something clearly is not right with the Turks. Wales could easily and probably should be 2-3 up.
OneBlitzer
AG
Horrible penalty miss!
TXAggie2011
AG
Perhaps just a little bad luck for Turkey. Definitely a bad tackle, but Bale sold it and it was juuuuust inside the box. Wasn't in a particularly dangerous position either.

BUT SOME GREAT LUCK FOR TURKEY. Wow. What a **** penalty.

AND AGAIN.
TRM
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Horrible penalty miss!
Must have gotten PK lessons from Sergio Ramos.
Jason_Ag98
AG
wangus12
AG
Ramsey when he isn't hurt is such a fun player to watch. High energy, great runs, good touch. Probably my favorite player in the last 10 years
EconAg18
AG
Crafty way to score off the corner
bbry81
Bale did it two times in a row. Very creative but got to learn from the first one.
gougler08
AG
KCup17 said:

I really love the welsh crest.
I don't love that they look like Australia though
Max Power
AG
Bale's penance for missing that PK needs to be removal of that ******* man-bun, it's awful.
PatAg
AG
Italy is looking strong
Mathguy64
AG
Italy could bury Switzerland 8-0 and I would want them to tack on another. I'm just not a fan of the Swiss team.
akm91
AG
Yep, have to say their group stage results weren't just due to weak opponents but also due to how strong they are as a team.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
deadbq03
AG
deadbq03 said:

Freaking boss comes in my office at 1:57 and camps out for 35 minutes.
Again today. Earlier and longer.
Max Power
AG
Italy is super aggressive, they are going to be a problem for anyone they face. Portugal is the other team I've watched so far that plays similarly. I didn't get to watch Belgium but they've got huge talent. France needs to take notes, you can't bide your time with all of these teams. Italy plays soccer thats fun to watch.
Mathguy64
AG
And now the classic Italian flopping starts. There wasn't a lick of contact in that tackle.
Mathguy64
AG
Wow. Banger. Swiss GK never moved.
deadbq03
AG
Mathguy64 said:

And now the classic Italian flopping starts. There wasn't a lick of contact in that tackle.
Ordinarily, I'd be upset. But I don't like the Swiss and their Bond-villain coach, so I'll allow it.
deadbq03
AG
Max Power said:

Italy is super aggressive, they are going to be a problem for anyone they face. Portugal is the other team I've watched so far that plays similarly. I didn't get to watch Belgium but they've got huge talent. France needs to take notes, you can't bide your time with all of these teams. Italy plays soccer thats fun to watch.
I'd add Spain to the list of teams with a positive mentality. Their buildup play was incredible, but man I've never seen so many plays have multiple passes inside the area but result in a botched finish.
Mathguy64
AG
Embolo almost broke that dudes leg, gets the delayed yellow and he's like "who, me???"
Max Power
AG
Yea I just didn't include them because they had a draw with Sweden, granted that's almost 100% the work of their keeper. Spain is a great team, but they squandered their chance at a win, they easily could have won 3-0, but failed to get it done.
Max Power
AG
Watching these games I always ask myself "Why does anyone watch the NBA?" That's coming from someone who was a basketball fanatic in the 80s and 90s. They play a different game now than I grew up watching, these Euro games are way more fun than anything the NBA can offer me as a sports fan.

Granted this is coming from a bitter former Rockets fan.
EconAg18
AG
Okay so maybe Italy is good lol
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

deadbq03 said:

Freaking boss comes in my office at 1:57 and camps out for 35 minutes.
Again today. Earlier and longer.

Pause?
deadbq03
AG
Max Power said:

Watching these games I always ask myself "Why does anyone watch the NBA?" That's coming from someone who was a basketball fanatic in the 80s and 90s. They play a different game now than I grew up watching, these Euro games are way more fun than anything the NBA can offer me as a sports fan.

I used to love basketball. It was a firm second to football. Now I think the last 5 minutes of a basketball game is the worst moment in sports. And the rest of the game is filled with easy, cheap, irrelevant scores. Developing a love of soccer has ruined other sports for me.
Max Power
AG
deadbq03 said:

Max Power said:

I used to love basketball. It was a firm second to football. Now I think the last 5 minutes of a basketball game is the worst moment in sports. And the rest of the game is filled with easy, cheap, irrelevant scores. Developing a love of soccer has ruined other sports for me.

Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

Max Power said:

Basketball is inherently a flawed sport where it's a primary strategy to foul.
PatAg
AG
This is an interesting PK call.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ukraine saves the pen but the rebound is smashed home.

Euros are 1/4 on penalties so far.
KCup17
AG
Holy crap this flopping like a fish on the ground after being touched is so annoying.

Edit: Would have thought Ukrainians were tougher with the way they try to stand up to Russia.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.