****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,861 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
MB19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well Rece Davis said that the DBU reported that Ericksson spoke to the team by phone from the hospital. If true then there is a little sense to the decision to restart the game.

If they announced he was ok and the game declared a draw that would have likely been ok too.
wangus12
AG
I can understand why the players want to continue. Both teams need 3 points from this match. As long as this is the players decision, I'm totally fine with it.

Now if they wanted to call it a draw and UEFA is sayin no you must play, that's a major issue
EconAg18
AG
I have so much respect for Simon Kjaer

Onceaggie2.0
In a weird way it's good this happened on the field where medical attention was close by
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
" Yes cardiac arrest. There's a neat video in YouTube showing Muamba meeting the doctor who helped save him that day. He was a Spurs fan in the stands and jumped into action. Took them over 60 minutes or something like that to get him back. Crazy stuff."

That's what the Dr said in the video referenced above.
gougler08
AG
And somehow Finland are winning
byfLuger41
AG
Bravo, Russia!
gougler08
AG
Also, why are all these countries getting home matches? Assume travel but man that's a huge advantage
Ag Since 83
AG
The plan from the get go was for Euro 2020 to be played all over Europe for the tournament's anniversary, with the host countries playing at home assuming they qualified
Bryan98
AG
gougler08 said:

Also, why are all these countries getting home matches? Assume travel but man that's a huge advantage

For 2020 they decided to host the event all over Europe. Once you do that, I think home games are a natural idea. Single host countries usually have all home games, after all.
Mathguy64
AG
That is soft. He's given soft calls all match long.
wangus12
AG
Yeah thats a pretty soft call there
heddleston
AG
how do you say BALL DONT LIE in Finnish?

*edit* its apparently pallo ei valehtele
Mathguy64
AG
And a horrible take by Hoijberg
wangus12
AG
And that was a really weak penalty
Jim01
AG
Lukaku scored against Russia and immediately ran over to the camera to tell Erikssn he loved him.
Mathguy64
AG
Danes have had their chances.
EconAg18
AG
Denmark just seems off. I mean I would obviously expect that given what happened, but first half they seemed to have an edge where a goal was bound to happen. Now they seem just a tad sloppy.
Jim01
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Taylor carded a Finn for that exact same foul early in the match.
MB19
AG
Finland with an understandably subdued celebration to their biggest win ever.
Mathguy64
AG
If ever a game needed to end in a tie that was it.
MB19
AG
Belgium really off and running.
heddleston
AG
Anyone using the multiview broadcast? i like the wide vertical all-22 style camera angle, but wish they'd get rid of the coach cams.
goose91
AG
ABC Austin decides to interrupt the BEL v. RUS match to give a news update on last night's shooting on 6th street. It could have waited 15 minutes to halftime.
wangus12
AG
I assume the criminal is still at large since Austin doesn't have a police department
oragator
I wanted to root for Denmark after all that happened.
But then the game restarted and they were flopping all over the field in ways that would make Italy blush, including that ridiculous penalty. I would have been ok with a tie though.
heddleston
AG
I agree that the game probably shouldn't have been finished, but I feel like if Denmark hadn't lost no-one would have said a word about it.
wangus12
AG
I used to like Darke and Twellman, but good Lord they have turned into some whiny, always upset commentators over the last few years.

If the Denmark players said they wanted to finish the game, that's the end of the story. It isn't insensitive.
gougler08
AG
So Belgium is already down Witsel, De Bruyne, E Hazard and now lost Castagne to a broken eye socket. Damn
aggiedadofpanda
AG
I feel like UEFA could have stepped in and said they'll resume tomorrow. Of course the players want to play, they're professionals, and if they got the go ahead from CE, then that's what they were going to do. That said, probably wasn't in anyone's best interest to resume today.
Mathguy64
AG
Damn. That's a pointy ball shoulder tackle.
heddleston
AG
That's not Darke, that's Jon Champion. I don't think it's necessarily on them, I think the Mouse makes them talk more and bloviate for casual viewers. I love Champion, he's probably my favorite soccer announcer period, but I agree he's been talking too much lately. Same goes for the color guys like Twellman and even Lalas. I don't think he's actually a controversial person, but their networks want hot take artists.
wangus12
AG
You're right, that is Champion and yeah its probably the higher ups pushing stuff, but I'm finding myself more and more watching matches on mute.
wangus12
AG
Here comes Hazard

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.