****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,871 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This made me lol. Language warning.

Here4goodSoccer
I mean 2 of the 4 goals were scored by players on Portugal not named Semedo
1836er
AG
Ria Ria Hungaria!
Rudyjax
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Italy and Wales punch their tickets and Switzerland sets the bar for 3rd with 4 points and a -1 GD.
Max Power
AG
I like this Italian team. Wales plays hard too. If England played like Wales then they'd have a much higher ceiling. Hell if England meets Wales in this tournament Wales could beat them based on their efforts so far.
OregonAggie
AG
Ukraine v Austria and Russia v Denmark are the games I want to watch today.

I've been a fan of Russia since the last World Cup and I love watching Dzyuba run people over hahahaha
Rudyjax
AG
OregonAggie said:

Ukraine v Austria and Russia v Denmark are the games I want to watch today.

I've been a fan of Russia since the last World Cup and I love watching Dzyuba run people over hahahaha

Those are the ones today that mean something.
Mathguy64
AG
Belgium v Finland matters too. Fins are on 3 points. 4 would get them qualified even in 3rd. 3 and a bad GD may not. And if Denmark beats Russia there could be a 3 way tie for 2nd and GD and goals scored could matter.
Rudyjax
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Belgium v Finland matters too. Fins are on 3 points. 4 would get them qualified even in 3rd. 3 and a bad GD may not. And if Denmark beats Russia there could be a 3 way tie for 2nd and GD and goals scored could matter.

Yeah. I got that wrong.
Mathguy64
AG
There were certain score lines today that would have left things tied through all the tie breakers except for yellow card accumulation. Austria winning 1-0 avoids that. That's unfortunate
Mathguy64
AG
Interesting off the ball double shove and take down in UKR-AUT. Really good refereeing. Didn't bother looking at a monitor. Just told them to stop it and moved on.
Furlock Bones
AG
Austria finally have a little bit of possession again. They have been too defensive this 2nd half only being up a goal.
oh no
AG
tuning in late after work meetings all morning. what are the implications if Ukraine equalizes in these last 10 minutes?
Furlock Bones
AG
Austria are through to face Italy. Ukraine now have to wait and see if their 3 points are enough.
oh no
AG
3 pts and -1 GD for Ukraine.. I'm guessing it won't be enough.
akm91
AG
Probably not, as Switzerland is @ 4pts and -1 GD and Finland is @ 3pts and 0 GD. Right now Ukraine is sitting as the bottom 3rd place team with lots of groups still need to finish.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
KCup17
AG
Finland also play later today with a chance on lowering that GD. But I expect it to not be enough for Ukraine to go through.
akm91
AG
Oops, my bad. I misread that they had played all 3 games and was sitting at 3pts and 0 GD.
Rudyjax
AG
What kind of BS is this?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57560206

Quote:

England's Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount have to self-isolate as a precaution after coming into close contact with Scotland's Billy Gilmour and could miss Tuesday's game with the Czech Republic.

The pair were seen interacting with Chelsea team-mate Gilmour after Friday's draw with Scotland at Wembley.

Quote:

Chilwell and Mount were seen hugging and speaking to Gilmour after the final whistle of Friday's game.

Public Health England (PHE) guidance states that someone could be considered a close contact and might have to self-isolate if they had a face-to-face conversation within one metre or had been within two metres of someone for more than 15 minutes who tested positive for Covid-19.

Quote:

The Scottish FA currently says there are no close contacts identified from inside their camp, with 25 players available to face Croatia on Tuesday.

Mathguy64
AG
Sounds like a reverse Prima Nocta to me.
KCup17
AG
I just want to see Denmark win a game
Mathguy64
AG
Danes are playing at home in their away whites instead of home reds. Russia is the home team playing away wearing home reds instead of away whites.

I am so confused.
Mathguy64
AG
Russia time wasting on kicks. It's past time to deal with it.
TXAggie2011
AG
When Denmark gets going, they can put you under some pressure
TXAggie2011
AG
DENMARK!
TXAggie2011
AG
I don't quite understand why Russia's goalie reacted and then just stopped. But great goal nonetheless.
Mathguy64
AG
Biggest goal of the tourney so far.
akm91
AG
Not sure why a penalty wasn't given. Hazard clearly was fouled in the box.
JJxvi
AG
The problem with the Euro group stage is always that you have to really suck ass to actually get eliminated.
oh no
AG
i can't decide which match to watch right now
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
JJxvi said:

The problem with the Euro group stage is always that you have to really suck ass to actually get eliminated.
This is what happens when you keep expanding these tournaments. It used to be 16 teams and a hell of a feat just to get in.
TXAggie2011
AG
Commentators allowing us to listen to the Danish crowd sing.

I wish more American commentators across most sports knew when to shut up and just let you listen to the crowd and game in front of you.
Mathguy64
AG
Playing out of the back gKs of the year.
Rudyjax
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

I don't quite understand why Russia's goalie reacted and then just stopped. But great goal nonetheless.

He's not really good. He took steerable line on that pass back thaf Finland scored on. I

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.