****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,910 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
An Ag in CO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This looks promising. Fingers crossed.
Thunder18
AG
Reminded me of Miklos Fehrer dying on the field in Portugal...just awful. Hopefully they were able to resuscitate him
jay07ag
AG
I was watching this live as well, made my stomach turn to water after I realized what was going on. Lifting him and his family up in prayers and hoping for a good outcome
tcow715
AG
Bein reporting that they were told he is stable and at the hospital 2 minutes from stadium.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Very
agsalaska
AG
Yea if I remember right there were doctors from all over the world praising the job of the first responders who 10 seconds before that happened were just Spurs fans sitting in the stands.

He is now a coach in England.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
tcow715
AG
First responders are super heroes. My word.
wangus12
AG
gtaggie_08 said:

Couldn't tell if they had a manual chest compression machine doing compressions. Our FD has used that many times enroute to a hospital.
I forget that those exist now. Weren't around when I was in EMS, at least not in widespread capacity
wangus12
AG
That picture is a good sign
gtaggie_08
AG
They are pretty amazing inventions. Allows the medics to do other interventions and tasks needed to help save lives while doing the most important function, pumping blood
wangus12
AG
I've seen the videos. I actually asked our leadership team if I could have one (work in preventative care now, but I run our code team) for the super rare times that we actually have a major emergency. Naturally got told no
zgolfz85
AG
A devastating thing to watch. Prayers up for cristian, seems like a great guy and obviously a phenomenal player. I really hope this is a one off and that this isn't vaccine related or something like that
EconAg18
AG
LawHall88
AG
aggielax48
AG
zgolfz85 said:

A devastating thing to watch. Prayers up for cristian, seems like a great guy and obviously a phenomenal player. I really hope this is a one off and that this isn't vaccine related or something like that

I didn't want to post that but I couldn't help but think the exact same thing due to the recent reports of heart inflammation.
wangus12
AG
Curious to see what UEFA does here. You still had 45 minutes of a 0-0 match. Do you have them finish it? Do both teams agree on sharing a draw?
gougler08
AG
Great news
jay07ag
AG
Wowso happy to hear they got him stabilized. Will be interested to hear the medical breakdown of what happened and the efforts of the medical staff that brought him back. Eerily similar to the Muamba incident.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
First responders, badasses, I thought he was a goner.
bagger05
AG
So relieved.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
What caused his incident?
Flying Crowbar
AG
Sorry, I thought you were referring to Eriksen.

Ban user.
wangus12
AG
Muamba's? Pretty sure it was straight up cardiac arrest
Thunder18
AG
Amazing awareness by Thomas Delaney and Anthony Taylor to call the medics over immediately. The medics obviously saved his life
jay07ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Yes cardiac arrest. There's a neat video in YouTube showing Muamba meeting the doctor who helped save him that day. He was a Spurs fan in the stands and jumped into action. Took them over 60 minutes or something like that to get him back. Crazy stuff.
agsalaska
AG
wangus12 said:

Heart stopped without manual for 78 minutes
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
LawHall88
AG
wangus12
AG
Fans are incredible

Mathguy64
AG
Wow. They are going to restart the match.

ETA. Both teams asked UEFA to resume play. They will finish the 1H, take a 5 minute HT and play the 2H
EconAg18
AG
The players asked to start the match back up. I cannot imagine having the strength to do that.

Mathguy64
AG
Danish players are crying while warming up. I can't believe they are going to try this.
Flying Crowbar
AG
Yeah, it looked like that one Danish player was barely holding it together.
wangus12
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Danish players are crying while warming up. I can't believe they are going to try this.
Burying themselves into a game to refocus might be exactly what they need. Otherwise they're just gonna go sit in their hotel waiting to hear some sort of news
bagger05
AG
wangus12 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Burying themselves into a game to refocus might be exactly what they need. Otherwise they're just gonna go sit in their hotel waiting to hear some sort of news

When I'm dealing with grief or distress my go-to is to play golf.
wangus12
AG
bagger05 said:

wangus12 said:

Mathguy64 said:

When I'm dealing with grief or distress my go-to is to play golf.
I go run or hike.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.