****Official Euros 2020 (2021) Tournament Thread****

90,930 Views | 2215 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stillmerk
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, Hummels prevents a goal. We'll call it even.
PatAg
AG
How is that not a PK? watching it live it seemed like it always would be
Mathguy64
AG
Oh boy. I want a replay. I think the ref was screened.
TXAggie2011
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Oh boy. Good argument Kimmich should be gone. And Hernandez actually committed the first foul with the shove.
In that situation, best to let it go without a second card. Hernandez and Kimmich have been going at each other all day and that kick to the face came after a pretty aggressive act by Hernandez.
Mathguy64
AG
That's a great no call. Not a foul.
TXAggie2011
AG
Wow. Master class by Hummels.
PatAg
AG
Mbappe should have cut across him harder, or let his trailing leg drag.
Rudyjax
AG
I thought it was a penalty. He contacts MBappe before the ball.
Mathguy64
AG
Pass by Pogba was off
deadbq03
AG
Yeah that's offside
gougler08
AG
That's coming back
TXAggie2011
AG
VAR ought to bring that back
Bryan98
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

why does it look like Low is eating boogers

Welcome to the world of international soccer! It's a great sport to watch. There are tons of fun storylines, like Benzema being involved in blackmailing one of his French teammates, and soliciting underage prostitutes, but also this one you've identified here!
TXAggie2011
AG
Germany has wasted so many free kicks
Mathguy64
AG
That wall could not have been 8 yds. Maybe less. The lines are cut at 6 yds.
Furlock Bones
AG
Germany living off the refs whistle. They've been outclassed this match.
Mathguy64
AG
Now Germany gets to sweat losing Rudiger for that bite. It was pretty obvious and in the past bites have been dealt with harshly.
Furlock Bones
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Now Germany gets to sweat losing Rudiger for that bite. I was pretty obvious and in the past bites have been dealt with harshly.

Yep.
TXAggie2011
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Now Germany gets to sweat losing Rudiger for that bite. It was pretty obvious and in the past bites have been dealt with harshly.
That was a nibble at most
JJxvi
AG
I've seen a replay of some very weird, almost sensual, shenanigans between Rudiger and Pogba, but it doesnt seem to show him actually biting Pogba does it?
Mathguy64
AG
It's a bite.

https://streamable.com/b3jlu4
joemeister
AG
That's way more obvious than that time Giorgio Chiellini hit Luis Suarez's teeth with his shoulder.
LeonardSkinner
TXAggie2011 said:

Mathguy64 said:

That was a nibble at most

Making a mountain out of a molar.
TXAggie2011
AG
JJxvi said:

I've seen a replay of some very weird, almost sensual, shenanigans between Rudiger and Pogba, but it doesnt seem to show him actually biting Pogba does it?
I don't think I'm being a German homer when I say its not obvious to me Rudiger actually bit Pogba.

I have no ****ing idea what Rudiger was doing, but I'm not sure he connected on a bite.
deadbq03
AG
JJxvi said:

I have watched it over and over and I still can't tell WTF is happening either.
PatAg
AG

YOu dont see the bite?
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

YOu dont see the bite?
Whatever contact is happening on the right shoulder doesn't look like a bite to me, no. It looks like a weird open mouth kiss perhaps, but not a bite. Pogba doesn't react to pain until much later when Rudiger is doing Lord-knows-what with his hands/legs/something else.
JJxvi
AG
I cant tell if he bit him at all. It certainly seems like it couldve happened, especially due to Pogba's reaction, but I can't tell.

I also am not sure how possible it'd actually be for Rudiger to bite him. In my head, if you try to bite someone right on the shoulder blade where his mouth is, I'm not sure you can do it without really drawing your lips back and trying to stick out your teeth. Especially to someone who has pretty much got zero body fat.
LawHall88
AG
deadbq03 said:

JJxvi said:

I have watched it over and over and I still can't tell WTF is happening either.
Whatever it is, it makes me think that I don't understand soccer.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Enjoy this gif I made of how all of Germany feels tonight

EconAg18
AG
I truly believe Flick will turn this German squad around. I have been routinely confused by some of Lw's decision making for some time now. Flick was the magic behind their 2014 World Cup, and I think he'll take Germany to at least the semifinals in 2022.
Max Power
AG
2 fun games today.

Hungary was really slugging it out, but damn, when Portugal flipped the switch it was lights out. Felt bad for them in front of the home crowd, they really had a chance to get a draw until the end. Portugal's ceiling is really high, Hungary got deflated as soon as that first goal went in, and they still have to play France and Germany.

Both France and Germany could have played better IMO. There was a lot of sloppy plays on each side, but France just looked better overall, and it also just felt like their time was coming. Losing 1-0 on an own goal is tough. French defense is solid, Kante alone can seemingly negate 2-3 players at a time if he's in the area, and I think that had to be on the mind of any German with possession, they could hear Kante's footsteps.

Really looking forward to Portugal/France. Germany just didn't seem to be quite ready, don't think they make it out of group unless they can find a way to top Portugal which is highly unlikely. Portugal just plays like a team that is looking for blood in the water and will attack, super aggressive.
deadbq03
AG
I agree France were better, but man I hate their style of play.

Sit back
Sit back
Sit back
Sit back
Sit back
Exploit Germany's high line and Mbappe's speed
Sit back
Sit back
Sit back
Agvet12
AG
Going into it they knew they were a better all around team in terms of creativity and exploitation, and pace.

So why not lure them in and then speed past down the wings?

What was boring was watching Germany try to tic tack around midfield with no urgency, no pace, no creativity or drive

The most glaring observation is teams with speed push wide and then lack a true target man in the middle for the cross. I have to think the target man no 9 (albeit faster than the old van nistelroy tradition style) make a comeback in the near future
Bryan98
AG
Before we get too excited about France, let's remember they didn't score today.

Still can't believe they somehow put these teams in one group. Who drew these?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.