*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

350,192 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else pick up Favreau's voice as the big Mando?
Urban Ag
AG
A few thoughts.

Someone said a number of posts back that baby Yoda will probably end up being delivered to some sort of Jedi underground. Seeing how this is unfolding, that actually might make sense. Then again, the Empire is defeated at this point so why would any would be Jedi/Force sensitive being need to be in hiding?

How cool would it be though if the closing scene of Chapter 8 is the Mando walking up to Luke's academy, R2 beeping and chirping to the side of a cloaked figure who slowly turns, lifts his hood, and it's Luke.

Back to my notion that baby Yoda doesn't make it (which everyone thought was stupid) we have more evidence that someone may be wrong with him as the Imperial doctor/scientist had him in some sort of medical device and even stated he was trying to save him. So there's that.

bonfarr
AG
Urban Ag said:

A few thoughts.

Someone said a number of posts back that baby Yoda will probably end up being delivered to some sort of Jedi underground. Seeing how this is unfolding, that actually might make sense. Then again, the Empire is defeated at this point so why would any would be Jedi/Force sensitive being need to be in hiding?

How cool would it be though if the closing scene of Chapter 8 is the Mando walking up to Luke's academy, R2 beeping and chirping to the side of a cloaked figure who slowly turns, lifts his hood, and it's Luke.

Back to my notion that baby Yoda doesn't make it (which everyone thought was stupid) we have more evidence that someone may be wrong with him as the Imperial doctor/scientist had him in some sort of medical device and even stated he was trying to save him. So there's that.

If he goes to Luke's academy wouldn't he end up dead when Kylo Ren kills all of the Jedi pupils?
wangus12
AG
Weird, long shot prediction, but I feel like Mando is going to end up putting baby yoda inside the helmet to protect it and that's how we finally see Pedro's face
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow, I like that.
wangus12
AG
Also, I knew I'd seen that final salute somewhere.

Watched The Rocketeer (available on Disney+) last weekend

MandoArms
I think the Ahsoka/Sabine connection would make more sense than the Luke tie in. They are searching the Outer Rim and uncharted territories for Thrawn and Ezra.

I believe during this time period Luke is traveling the galaxy looking for Jedi relics and learning more about the force. His school shouldn't be established until about 10+ years after ROTJ so I can't see that tie in happening.

At this point I can only see him trusting another Mandalorian with the child, so Sabine makes the most sense.
IG: mando_arms
Urban Ag
AG
yes
Hagen95
AG
BrownCoat said:

I think the Ahsoka/Sabine connection would make more sense than the Luke tie in. They are searching the Outer Rim and uncharted territories for Thrawn and Ezra.

I believe during this time period Luke is traveling the galaxy looking for Jedi relics and learning more about the force. His school shouldn't be established until about 10+ years after ROTJ so I can't see that tie in happening.

At this point I can only see him trusting another Mandalorian with the child, so Sabine makes the most sense.
I like this concept. Keeps it in the Filoni story lines.
wangus12
AG
Agreed. Plus with Filoni running things, I think this will head closer to Rebels/CWs before tying into the actual films (if it ever does)
Urban Ag
AG
Plus some chic gets cast as Sabine
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'm 100% loving this. What a great episode. Just pure fun.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Episode 3 was solid start to finish.

So I haven't seen any of the animated star wars stuff. What do I need to watch and in what order?
bonfarr
AG
I am not the biggest Star Wars expert and I am sure this has been discussed endlessly by fans/experts that know all of the storylines so can someone explain to me what purpose Imperial Stormtroopers serve? As a fighting force they are incompetent and completely useless. If I needed a mercenary fighting force after the collapse of the Empire I wouldn't even think of hiring those guys. They can't shoot straight and aren't very intelligent. What is the story there is it just some kind of running gag that will continue forever?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
FTA03 said:

Great episode! My guess is what the empire wants with baby yoda will tie into TROS and the Emperor, but they won't reveal that in the show until after TROS is out for awhile. Possibly how they end season 1 as the hook for season 2.

This is the way.
The Rise of Skywalker comes out Dec 20.

The next to last Mandalorion episode drops the 18th and the last drops the 27. so they sure seem like they will intertwine.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
I am all in on Deborah Chow directing the Kenobi series. I thought the episode was very well done.
easttexasaggie04
AG
That reminds me of this classic...

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Did the Mandalorians say that only one of them goes out into the world at a time?
wangus12
AG
I don't think so. Herzog did say that it was easier to find beskar than it was to find a Mando (bringing up the Great Purge as an insult), so it definitely seems like nobody realizes the conclave is there.
MandoArms
They did, they also talked about having to move their hide out now that they had come out from hiding. I forget what they referred to it as though.
IG: mando_arms
bonfarr
AG
If a Mandalorian wanted to hide wouldn't it be smarter to not wear armor ? They kind of stick out walking around in their helmets and full body armor. How would dozens of Mandos in full armor be able to hide out in that town without anyone knowing they were there?
wangus12
AG
hph6203
AG
bonfarr said:

I am not the biggest Star Wars expert and I am sure this has been discussed endlessly by fans/experts that know all of the storylines so can someone explain to me what purpose Imperial Stormtroopers serve? As a fighting force they are incompetent and completely useless. If I needed a mercenary fighting force after the collapse of the Empire I wouldn't even think of hiring those guys. They can't shoot straight and aren't very intelligent. What is the story there is it just some kind of running gag that will continue forever?

If you were a Star Wars nerd you'd know that only imperial storm troopers were accurate enough to cause the blaster burns on the Jawas vehicle in A New Hope, far too accurate for sand people.
Jim01
AG
I thought that was the one cheesy part of the episode. I would have cut that.

redline248
AG
bonfarr said:

Stormtroopers are like basic infantry men. In numbers they can overwhelm an enemy, and can handle run of the mill scrub militia. This particular Mandalorian is a different level of elite fighter, though. He also was using stealth to his advantage. One of them did hit him with a direct blast.
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I would pay a lot of money to get that in stained glass
Urban Ag
AG
Yeah but if Tony Stark were still alive, he'd mutter "amateur" to himself and down another scotch
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

bonfarr said:

Stormtroopers are like basic infantry men. In numbers they can overwhelm an enemy, and can handle run of the mill scrub militia. This particular Mandalorian is a different level of elite fighter, though. He also was using stealth to his advantage. One of them did hit him with a direct blast.

Not to mention that there are have been special troops in canon, just at fewer in number. The Republic had commandos (Gregor in TCW) during the clone war, and The Empire had Death troopers. Just to name a couple of examples.
bonfarr
AG
Was it wise for Mando to give Baby Yoda the chrome ball to play with? It is an obvious choking hazard. He really needs to get one of those baby proofing consultants to look over his ship, Yoda Baby could choke on a toy or wander Into the Carbonite freezing chamber. He also really needs to put a lid with a baby safety lock on the vac tube. I am not even going to go there with all of the weapons laying around.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I was kinda hoping he was going to get the crib from the dumpster. I liked his little floating crib/stroller.
Urban Ag
AG
If you don't put that down I'm going to encase you in Carbonite until I can figure out what to do with you
bearamedic99
AG
unpopular opinion I know but the second half of the show came close to jumping the shark in cheesiness. Everything from the Mando reinforcements to the flying salute. I can excuse the sharpshooting of Apollo Creed's beskar since they were long friends and Apollo had earlier shot at the speeder Droid and not Mando but not using the whistling birds on the bounty Hunters in place of reinforcements or the cheesy salute at the end were close to over the top.

Not sure if I should spoiler tag that

The blaster proof walls/rails of the cart seemed unlikely. Weak ass blasters

Also, how big is his ship? Chapter 1 showed a lower level where the Carbonite was but other times it seems like just a one level ship.

Last, you would think that the Mando and stormtrooper helmets would be able at least to see in the dark. They seem to only serve the purposes of masking the user and mild protection.
wangus12
AG
The Mando blacksmith said the whistling darts were rare and he used them on the troopers
bonfarr
AG
bearamedic99 said:

unpopular opinion I know but the second half of the show came close to jumping the shark in cheesiness. Everything from the Mando reinforcements to the flying salute. I can excuse the sharpshooting of Apollo Creed's beskar since they were long friends and Apollo had earlier shot at the speeder Droid and not Mando but not using the whistling birds on the bounty Hunters in place of reinforcements or the cheesy salute at the end were close to over the top.

Not sure if I should spoiler tag that

The blaster proof walls/rails of the cart seemed unlikely. Weak ass blasters

Also, how big is his ship? Chapter 1 showed a lower level where the Carbonite was but other times it seems like just a one level ship.

Last, you would think that the Mando and stormtrooper helmets would be able at least to see in the dark. They seem to only serve the purposes of masking the user and mild protection.

Didn't he use up the whistling bird things on the Stormtroopers? He used up his ammo on his rifle and exhausted the supply on his flamethrower too. He was down to fighting with only his blaster and a knife and would have been captured if help didn't arrive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.