*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

351,434 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
wangus12
AG
Also so much for no disintegrations. Lord Vader would be most displeased.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Watched second one on my lunch break. Loved the Jawas, especially when he finally gets to the top of the sandcrawler and they all light him up wit their ion weapons at the same time.

I was actually hoping Baby Yoda wouldn't have the Force and the Force would be left out of this series entirely, but now that it's here, it'll be interested to see what choices he makes when the time comes. All that Beskar for one little creature with some magic powers? Sounds like an amplified version of Rey getting 60 portions for BB8.

I really like the episode length, it feels like they are building something big but every episode doesn't have to be big. The 2nd episode did a lot with a little - only 2 characters who can speak basic, lots of humor, some old-time star wars mythology, and more character development for NoltePig and the Mando.

I love the music. It sounds like instruments that aren't from Earth, but still give you a Western vibe. Only thing I'd change would have been having the A-Team theme play over the scene where they rebuild his ship.

bonfarr
AG
Surely we haven't seen the last of Nolte's character,he is too good to be done in the series already. If Baby Bjorn could make a stroller like little Yoda baby's stroller/speeder mom's would kill for them. Will there be a scene with Mando changing a diaper full of weird green baby Yoda poo?
wangus12
AG
bonfarr said:

Surely we haven't seen the last of Nolte's character,he is too good to be done in the series already. If Baby Bjorn could make a stroller like little Yoda baby's stroller/speeder mom's would kill for them. Will there be a scene with Mando changing a diaper full of weird green baby Yoda poo?
I think Nolte's character will eventually join the Mando and he is gonna be like the moral figure in everything
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Felt very Clone Wars. I love it.
maca1028
C@LAg said:

maca1028 said:

#releasetheentireseason

Or the alternative. Why can't you be patient for another 7 weeks and then watch all 8 episodes at that point in time?

I'm just impatient and have been spoiled by Netflix. Binging the whole season, waiting a week between each episode. Both have their pros and cons.
Either way, about to watch chapter 2...see y'all in a bit.
kyledr04
AG
Ch2 was fun. I knew when he was dangling from the side of the Jawa tank that an Indiana Jones throwback was coming.
Jim01
AG
Enjoyed episode 2. Baby Yoda is cute as all get out!

When the Jawas said they wanted "The Egg" was I the only one who thought they meant the thing Baby Yoda was floating around in?
lunchbox
Jim01 said:

Enjoyed episode 2. Baby Yoda is cute as all get out!

When the Jawas said they wanted "The Egg" was I the only one who thought they meant the thing Baby Yoda was floating around in?
Nope - I thought the same thing...

Speaking of...when Mando was attacked by the Bossks, he saw they also had a tracker. Since he didn't jettison the floating egg, you have to assume the trackers are synced to something inside baby yoda.
Dro07
AG
Had a good laugh when the Jawas said that his accent sounded like a Wookiee
bearamedic99
AG
I too got a very Lone Wolf and Cub vibe. This feels more samurai film than Western. I wonder how they decided on the episode length. It's like they left space for commercials though there aren't any.

Side note- if I pause the show and come back to it, the Disney + Android app resumes playback with Spanish audio. Does this happen to anyone else?
exitone
AG
The worse thing about that helmet is we didn't get to see the reaction on his face when they sliced that egg open. Stupid moron Jawas.

All that trouble for a Cadbury treat for those little thieves.
wangus12
AG
exitone said:

The worse thing about that helmet is we didn't get to see the reaction on his face when they sliced that egg open. Stupid moron Jawas.

My only thought is that they traded practically half a ship for that egg. Maybe the high they get off that egg yolk is the best in the galaxy
heddleston
AG
When he got pissed at that Jawa and tried to hit him with his little flame thrower I about died laughing.
Hulla Baller
AG
So I guess Mando doesn't know what the force is or who yoda was?
bonfarr
AG
Does the Yoda species have the ability to use the force to heal? When Mando was cauterizing the big gash on his arm the baby got up twice and tried to use the force before Mando stopped him. It looked to me like he was trying to heal the wound.

I don't know the legacy stories was Yoda a healer?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
My Dad Earl
AG
exitone said:

Didn't he slump his shoulders and shake his head a little bit once they started eating? I saw the reaction and it was like him saying "I went through all that trouble for that??".
Fat Bib Fortuna
In the old eu, Luke could put people in a force trance and do substantial healing in several hours, maybe the yodas have that ability innately
Another Doug
AG
My Dad Earl said:

exitone said:

Didn't he slump his shoulders and shake his head a little bit once they started eating? I saw the reaction and it was like him saying "I went through all that trouble for that??".
Poor dude probably went to 20 years of acting school and now has to convey emotions with a helmet and no dialog. I hope there is a Myles Garrett cameo next week so dude can finally see what Mando looks like.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

Hulla Baller said:

So I guess Mando doesn't know what the force is or who yoda was?
more than half this country cannot name the heads of congress.
so factor that he is a bounty hunter, who likely worked for the empire and not the republic... so yes.
yoda was just one of the council no reason to expect most people would know his name. especially 30 years later.
Not only that, but based on the flashbacks in Chapter 1, he was likely a kid when the Empire took over and the Jedi fell. Probably never even heard of Yoda...

Every new entry in the Star Wars canon power creeps the hell out of the force.
redline248
AG
I truly don't understand the rush to get the Mandalorian out of his helmet.
My Dad Earl
AG
Beware of Doug said:

My Dad Earl said:

exitone said:

Poor dude probably went to 20 years of acting school and now has to convey emotions with a helmet and no dialog.
That dude played one of my favorite characters to ever grace a television screen. His acting school has definitely paid off for him.

bonfarr
AG
redline248 said:

Does he eat and drink with the helmet on? Sleep?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Another Doug
AG
My Dad Earl said:

Beware of Doug said:

My Dad Earl said:

exitone said:

Poor dude probably went to 20 years of acting school and now has to convey emotions with a helmet and no dialog.
That dude played one of my favorite characters to ever grace a television screen. His acting school has definitely paid off for him.

Cool, I didn't know who was playing him.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

because it is hard to give a crap about just seeing a helmet.

why hire someone like PP and not have his face be shown. Otherwise, you could have hired anyone inside the suit and had seth macfarlane do the voice.

Ask Pedro why he agreed. He's hardly the first character in entertainment that has gone largely masked, and definitely not the first in SW.

Besides, we're barely over an hour into this show.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm not sure why I was laughing profusely at him disintegrating Jawas when A New Hope makes it such a somber event.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
bonfarr said:

redline248 said:

Does he eat and drink with the helmet on? Sleep?

Have we seen him do any of those things, yet? Personally, I wish they would give us a look from his pov inside the helmet, but they already took away any cool features by having him need an exterior light to see in the dark and use a telescope.
redline248
AG
tv1113 said:

I'm not sure why I was laughing profusely at him disintegrating Jawas when A New Hope makes it such a somber event.

Unadulterated Jawa slaughter
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.