*** THE MANDALORIAN - Season 1 ***

350,182 Views | 2480 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So is this like Boba's grandpa or something?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, no. Boba is already dead. He died in Return of the Jedi and this is like 5-7 years after ROTJ. Same klan or people or whatever, though.
Ag Since 83
AG
I like that they showed some planet variety after all the desert look so far
Jim01
AG
Suddenly there's a lightsaber in my pants!!!

Do want.
Max Power
AG
I just went from six to midnight.
exitone
AG
Does anyone think we could go the entire series without hearing one line from The Mandalorian?
TCTTS
AG
I think he actually spoke in the Celebration footage from April, but I could be wrong. That said, I *have* heard that we hardly see Pedro Pascal's face. Some rumors say he never takes the helmet off once, but I just can't see them casting Pascal and going that route. I bet it'll be a few episodes, though.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

I think he actually spoke in the Celebration footage from April, but I could be wrong. That said, I *have* heard that we hardly see Pedro Pascal's face. Some rumors say he never takes the helmet off once, but I just can't see them casting Pascal and going that route. I bet it'll be a few episodes, though.

At some point we'll see what a badass he is without the armor. They'll make a point of that.
Vince Blake
I mean the stacks of frozen carbonite....such a ****ing beautiful touch. Awesome. Mickey is getting my money.

PatAg
AG
I love that he( I assume he) never spoke in the trailer.
AgfromHOU
AG
And to think this service is so cheap for what we get
bluefire579
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

At some point we'll see what a badass he is without the armor. They'll make a point of that.
Especially if it follows the theme that Rebels put forth. That was a major point when Sabine was fighting Gar Saxon.
The Collective
AG
Damn. I got way too excited seeing IG-88. Pretty much what I imagined as a kid with the toy.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sex Panther said:

Mandalore is a planet. The Mandalorian military wear the armor that Boba Fett made famous in Star Wars. They used to fight the Jedi way back When.
tylercsbn9
AG
Disney bringing it from the onset.

Fantastic trailer.
Urban Ag
AG
Rogue One was my ultimate Urban Ag SW movie. For everything I love about SW.

This looks to triple down. Thank you Favreau. You magnificent basturd.

Urban Ag
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Sex Panther said:

Mandalore is a planet. The Mandalorian military wear the armor that Boba Fett made famous in Star Wars. They used to fight the Jedi way back When.
They were basically the Come and Take It sh**s like me and the majority of, as TCCTS would say, "Forum 16".

Long live the Mandalorians.

Say when. I'm your Huckleberry.

Bonfire1996
AG
That's it. It's over. Everyone with kids 18 and under were already getting Disney+. This guarantees everyone under the age of 50 will get it too.

Buying Disney stock on Monday morning after the China capitulation is over.

Netflix is officially fugged.
twilly
AG
If you look at the Celebration footage, the Mandalorian definitely speaks.

Click back to my post from earlier to see,
Fat Bib Fortuna
TCTTS said:

Ha, no. Boba is already dead. He died in Return of the Jedi and this is like 5-7 years after ROTJ. Same klan or people or whatever, though.
Would be great for him to meet an old clonetrooper or 2 though sometime in the show and have Temeura Morrison at his current age or even made to look older fill in.
twilly
AG
Just to make sure everyone heard this....
Flashdiaz
AG
Boba Fett is dead.
Long live the Mandalorian!
Log
AG
Yeah, Boba Fett got eaten by the Sarlacc, back when Leia was in her hot gold bikini days.
Dro07
AG
For some reason I didn't think boba fett was actually Mandalorian... did I dream that?
AliasMan02
AG
dromo07 said:

For some reason I didn't think boba fett was actually Mandalorian... did I dream that?

He's not. Just wore the armor.
TCTTS
AG
Forgot about that. I think I've mostly blocked Attack of the Clones from my mind.
policywonk98
AG
C@LAg said:

boogieman said:

Please be good.
yes, please.

although I am a little sad this is on the family friendly D+, and not on something a little more adult-friendly.

I trust Favreau in the PG and PG-13 realm in terms of making it great for adults as well. Elf is 16 years old and has stood strong over the test of time as a great movie for all ages. Iron Man still rocks after a decade. Jungle Book was pretty edgie in tone and mood for a PG level movie and the edge worked great.
TCTTS
AG
I don't know if everyone's aware, but we also got confirmation yesterday that Disney+ shows will NOT be released Netflix-style, with all episodes hitting at once. Instead, they'll be released weekly. Seeing as Disney+ (and thus The Manadlorian) is launching on Tuesday, November 12, I'm guessing movies/episodes will be released on Tuesdays from then on out, but who knows. If so, this would presumably be The Mandalorian release schedule...

11.12 - Episode 1
11.19 - Episode 2
11.26 - Episode 3
12.03 - Episode 4
12.10 - Episode 5
12.17 - Episode 6
12.24 - Episode 7
12.31 - Episode 8

Will the final two episodes really be released on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, respectively? In the streaming age, does it even matter anymore?

Either way, this general release strategy is honestly more exciting to me. While I enjoy binging Netflix shows, they seemingly disappear from the pop culture discussion in a matter of days. I'd much rather keep the conversation going over a period of weeks/months, and be able to "savor"/discuss each episode before the next one.

It'll be interesting to see how this is received and how it all plays out...
Dro07
AG
Sweet!!! Glad it's not a show dump. I am missing the weekly work discussions over each episode
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah definitely more excited for this vs episode 9
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

Either way, this general release strategy is honestly more exciting to me. While I enjoy binging Netflix shows, they seemingly disappear from the pop culture discussion in a matter of days. I'd much rather keep the conversation going over a period of weeks/months, and be able to "savor"/discuss each episode before the next one.

It'll be interesting to see how this is received and how it all plays out...

Chernobyl is a great example of why the episodic release works so much better. It grew huge word of mouth support on places like reddit which greatly increased its buzz.

I doubt the Mandalorian needs any more buzz but I'm definitely looking forward to the weekly memes.
AgfromHOU
AG
Agreed. DC Universe does the weekly releases and I much prefer it that way, after a few years of thinking binging was better.
PatAg
AG
It will be interesting to see how that works out. Do they cave to the millions of people who will inevitably complain about it not all releasing at once as is the norm now.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I wonder if they might have anything in the final episodes that ties to Episode 9?
Thanks and gig'em
Belton Ag
AG
I keep reading the thread title as THE MIDICHLORIAN - Season 1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.