*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,202 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Spore Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Refresh me on who is Marie?
AgGrad99
AG
Hanks wife. Sister of Skylar
Spore Ag
My wife just informed me with a capital Duh.
Liquid Wrench
AgGrad99 said:

Also, help me out with something.

last episode, why did Jimmy's demeanor change when Howard told Jimmy about the house burning. Did it just alleviate Jimmy of guilt he was feeling? He was more upset thinking he caused it, than for the loss of his brother?

Because Slipping Jimmy was off the hook again. You might remember he had intentionally gone and screwed up the liability insurance for Chuck. When Howard comes over, we're expecting him to bring that up. So when Howard says it was his fault, Jimmy is pleased. Because screw Howard. Remember, our hero isn't the greatest guy in the world.

And I also thought of Marie when I saw the copy store woman.
Bobcat06
AG
ChiliBeans said:

AgGrad99 said:

last episode, why did Jimmy's demeanor change when Howard told Jimmy about the house burning. Did it just alleviate Jimmy of guilt he was feeling? He was more upset thinking he caused it, than for the loss of his brother?

Because Slipping Jimmy was off the hook again. You might remember he had intentionally gone and screwed up the liability insurance for Chuck. When Howard comes over, we're expecting him to bring that up. So when Howard says it was his fault, Jimmy is pleased. Because screw Howard. Remember, our hero isn't the greatest guy in the world.

Actually, Jimmy was happy that he had got his final revenge Chuck.

After the hearing where Chuck went crazy with the phone, Jimmy alerted the insurance company asking them to not raise rates on Chuck. Insurance company reviews the hearing transcript and notifies HHM that their premium would skyrocket on any case where Chuck was involved. This compelled Howard to buyout Chuck, which sends Chuck into a downward spiral.

Howard tells Jimmy this after the funeral, but up until that point Jimmy had no idea that his meeting with the insurance company had any effect on Chuck. He was satisfied that it worked even better than he had planned.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Yes basically. He was more than happy to let Howard bear that guilt.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

but up until that point Jimmy had no idea that his meeting with the insurance company had any effect on Chuck.
ahhhhhhhh, that makes sense.

Gracias.
expresswrittenconsent

Quote:

And it also doesn't make sense to make that big scene in their office, after you've commented on the figurines, and then go back and steal those same figurines. If i were them, the first person I'd think did it would be Jimmy.

Either way...great episode. That scene just confused me.

Agree that would be sloppy if it ended up playing out like you said. We will have to see what happens next week. Maybe Mike will point that out. Or maybe Jimmy's scam will be a little more elaborate than just swiping the figurine.
hurleyag
AG
I think they wouldn't think much about them missing. The boss said he was needing to throw all that stuff out anyways.
Cromagnum
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I didnt understand the interview scene.
Quote:

I saw that as him being disgusted by how easily they were pushed around, just like his dad and his store. He just couldn't work there if they were such a soft touch.
That sort of makes sense...but he could have just walked off. He had a little light bulb moment, turned back around and put on that whole charade for seemingly no reason at all.

It would more like Jimmy's character to take the job, and screw them from the inside, than turn them down.

And it also doesn't make sense to make that big scene in their office, after you've commented on the figurines, and then go back and steal those same figurines. If i were them, the first person I'd think did it would be Jimmy.

Either way...great episode. That scene just confused me.

He did notice their little figurines collecting dust, then saw expensive ones online. Guess Mike gets a burglary job.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

He did notice their little figurines collecting dust, then saw expensive ones online. Guess Mike gets a burglary job.

Right. And the guy said he's been meaning to clear all that out.

But now that he acted so memorably, and commented on the figurines to the owner....seems a little risky to steal them now.
Cromagnum
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Right. And the guy said he's been meaning to clear all that out.

But now that he acted so memorably, and commented on the figurines to the owner....seems a little risky to steal them now.

It may just be a specific one. It may go unnoticed.
JYDog90
AG
Why would you go to that much effort for $8k? AND get Mike involved?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
willie wonka said:

He's not making money you know.... and he screwed himself over on the settlement money from sandpiper.

and he's a con artist at heart so yeah.
Cromagnum
AG
willie wonka said:

This is the same guy scamming fools a few hundred bucks at a time on fake rolexes.
expresswrittenconsent
willie wonka said:

Better question is why would Mike risk it for 3k. Which this means it may just be a device to get jimmy/Mike together and Mike says "no, that's stupid, but while I got ya..."
TCTTS
AG
Exactly my thoughts as to your second point. It's what brings Jimmy/Mike back together. As to why would Mike risk it? I think he's basically just bored out of his mind. It'll be a fun little job for him.
AgGrad99
AG
I think you're right.

I'm really curious to see where this goes with Mike & Gus, and Lydia (Madrigal Exec). She is clearly not comfortable with him 'playing' security consultant, but it seems like Gus approves (or at least understands that it provides a legitimate cover for Mike/Madrigal). But with Gus, you never know.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It'll be interesting to see how much interaction Lydia had with Mike before he broke into her house to kill her.

Trying to remember, was that their first interaction in Breaking Bad?

Edit: Duh, forgot she's the one who gave him the order to kill Gus' guys.
Ag_07
AG
Beat up and in a cast Rhea Seehorn still lookin fine as hell
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Maybe she was playing a customer only so she could steal a copier when they weren't paying attention.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ag_07 said:

Beat up and in a cast Rhea Seehorn still lookin fine as hell

Love Kim.

Right now for me personally its her fate as BCS ties into BB that has me the most intrigued. Does she walk away at some point? Does she meet a tragic demise? Is there any chance at all she's still in Sauls world but unmentioned during BB? (Unlikely imho).
CoachRTM
AG
I think the best case scenario (for her) is that something forces her to become fed up with Jimmy's antics, she moves away, and is absent from Jimmy's life during the BB timeline.

At that point, you have a potential storyline with her in the Gene timeline, (maybe she moved back to where her parents live in Omaha?) depending on how they take that. Then it looks like Saul's escape plan is to go find Kim. That's all a really big stretch, though.

Much more likely, something bad happens to (or with) her which is the final straw that turns Jimmy into Saul.
Ag_07
AG
I think it'd be cool if somehow Kim gets wrapped up in the wrong way with Jimmy transitioning into Saul and Jimmy sends her away into 'witness protection' and we see that that's how Saul creates that contact he used for him and Walter in BB.
I really really hope they don't kill her off
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I get the feeling they will go the tragic route with her. But with Gilligan who really knows.
DG-Ag
AG
Liquid Wrench
I feel like she's been on the verge of discovering what a dirtbag Jimmy is for 3 or so seasons now.

There isn't going to be any big one thing that tips him into the direction of the Saul Goodman character. That's who he really is. I can imagine Kim walking away from that eventually.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I think he ends up doing something that really burns her. Maybe even gets her disbarred. Death would be too extreme.
CrottyKid
AG
I want her to be down w crime so they have some Bonnie and Clyde moments before she gets offed or sent to prison or something.
Know Your Enemy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nobody does cold opens better than Vince Gilligan.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mike ain't no dum dum.
Complete Idiot
Junkhead said:

Mike ain't no dum dum.

Well, he has a good gig so he's not as hungry.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
He left his glove FYI....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.