*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,144 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
expresswrittenconsent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The machine gun trunk payoff was the rare Disney type moment in an otherwise flawless series.
aTmAg
AG
Junkhead said:

aTmAg said:

Junkhead said:

aTmAg said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quote:

I think the writers kind of put themselves in a corner a bit.
Never underestimate Gilligan and his team when put in a corner and committed to an ending of sorts. In the 10th anniversary they talk about how they shot the AR15 in trunk scene with Walt , put it in the season premiere and had no earthly idea how they were going to bring that back in and tie that loose end up. Yet , they came up with something and it was FanEffingTastic.
It's almost like they intentionally write themselves into corners and try to figure out a way to write a good escape.
They've explicitly said that is exactly what they did in BB. I assume it's the same for BCS.
Oh... I didn't know that. You got any other good examples? I heard about the AR15 one.
The RV

Quote:

I watched last season again and thought, "Walt's never going to get out of this." And then I think of all the other stuff he's gotten out of, including having Hank on the other side of an RV door, about to catch him. And now I think, "Of course he can get out of it."

That RV thing talk about painting ourselves into a corner. That took seven of us, I think, three or four days straight to figure out how to get out of that one. That's why Walt's such a genius. He can think up what it takes seven normal folks three or four days to come up with. He can think of it all by himself inside of five minutes. That's why you don't want to be up against Walt.

Had they already filmed the episode prior where Hank had them dead to rights outside the RV? Or was it at a point where they could unwrite the whole sequence if they wanted to?
Know Your Enemy
AG
No ****ing clue.
TCTTS
AG
Quote:

Look at a map of the United States. If Walter White decided to stop in Omaha on his drive from New Hampshire to Albuquerque, he wouldn't have to take too much of a detour to stop in Omaha for a Cinnabon.

How would he know where Saul was? Well. As "Granite State" showed us, he spent several days rooming with Saul before they parted ways but after Saul took a photo for his fake Nebraska driver's license. And Saul told Walt, right before they parted, "If I'm lucky, a month from now, best case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha."

Know Your Enemy
AG
That possibility excites me but they missed a glaring mistake in the quote below.

Quote:

When we met Saul again in "Better Call Saul," in Omaha, no one told us how much time had passed since his split with Walt. Yes, we saw Walt die in the finale of "Breaking Bad" but we don't know when the Omaha scenes take place in relation to "Breaking Bad." They might occur during the stretch of "Granite State" when Walt is hiding out in Nebraska.
Texas 1836
AG
Did Saul do something to Walt to make him afraid of him? I don't remember that.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quote:

Just my opinion but I do have to say that while the machine gun scene was hugely satisfying and fun, it was also the most unrealistic and almost cheesy action movie moment in the series. Don't get me wrong - I liked it and it fit in a series finale OK but it was a bit out of character for the series.

LE_Funt
AG
Fun fact: There's a cottonwood mall in both Omaha and Albuquerque.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Texas 1836 said:

Do you mean to make Saul afraid of Walt (not sure how you are assigning your "him"s)?

Walt killed or tried to kill basically every business partner he ever had. That's why Saul would be afraid. Saul didn't do anything to Walt other than walk away when Walt was ready to keep going (while waiting for vacuum guy to arrange transport).

But I think any Gene concerns relate primarily to the fact he was a key player in a murdering meth empire and that he'd still be a high priority for the authorities to catch
Dobre casy
AG
Anyone else notice the scene with the Madrigal employee coming outside to his car to look for his badge, then helping the kid with his bike? From a distance, he looked like Walt, and they purposely hid his face from the camera while he fixed the bike. Think the writers are just looking for ways to screw with the fans that want to see a Walt cameo.
Philip J Fry
AG
Had the same mannerisms too.
TCTTS
AG
That's a great observation. All of this "I'm desperately looking for a way to bring back Walt and Jesse" talk from Gilligan does seems a little suspicious. Granted, I haven't actually heard Gilligan's tone and the context, but what if Walt already has a cameo this season and Gilligan is using a bit of misdirection?
Bunk Moreland
I'd rather not have any Walt/Jesse. Won't be upset if they show up but I like what this show is.
Counterpoint
AG
Vito said:

Anyone else notice the scene with the Madrigal employee coming outside to his car to look for his badge, then helping the kid with his bike? From a distance, he looked like Walt, and they purposely hid his face from the camera while he fixed the bike. Think the writers are just looking for ways to screw with the fans that want to see a Walt cameo.
I didn't see a pizza on his roof so I knew it wasn't him.
gomerschlep
AG
I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the scene
TexasAggie008
AG
Hank would be by far the least forced "major" B.B. character to end up in this season

Hanks boss schmoozed with Gus at a family bbq we learned, knew him for years before the nursing home incident ... Hank or any of the DEA folks showing up in this part of the timeline would feel about right
PatAg
AG
Vito said:

That whole scene I was nervous there was just going to be some unexpected violence. While he was in the car and fiddling around, they shot it to where you couldnt see behind him outside the car.
aTmAg
AG
I was thinking who is this guy? I was afraid that there was a person from season 3 I forgot about.
Liquid Wrench
Gus did mention "la dea."

GILIGAN DOES EVERYTHING FOR A REASON!
TXAG 05
AG
PatAg said:

Vito said:

That whole scene I was nervous there was just going to be some unexpected violence. While he was in the car and fiddling around, they shot it to where you couldnt see behind him outside the car.

I was thinking car bomb with the way it wasn't starting. Thought it might be Walt for a second, but figured he wouldn't be bald at this point in the timeline.
Know Your Enemy
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Gus did mention "la dea."

GILIGAN DOES EVERYTHING FOR A REASON!

Exactly. After Gus mentioned the DEA I'll be shocked if Hank doesn't show up at some point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Texas 1836
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Texas 1836 said:

Do you mean to make Saul afraid of Walt (not sure how you are assigning your "him"s)?

Walt killed or tried to kill basically every business partner he ever had. That's why Saul would be afraid. Saul didn't do anything to Walt other than walk away when Walt was ready to keep going (while waiting for vacuum guy to arrange transport).

But I think any Gene concerns relate primarily to the fact he was a key player in a murdering meth empire and that he'd still be a high priority for the authorities to catch

Yes. And sorry for the indefinite references. Actually something that bugs me when I see it

I just couldn't remember WW being mad like that at Saul at the end.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nothing to add except the prison killing sequence in BB is absolute peak television.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Definitely feel like a Walt cameo would be forced now.
hurleyag
AG
In Omaha I agree, but I still think the perfect ending would be Walt and Jesse entering Saul's office.
aTmAg
AG
hurleyag said:

In Omaha I agree, but I still think the perfect ending would be Walt and Jesse entering Saul's office.
Only Walt went into Saul's office initially.
Cromagnum
AG
Cinnabon Jimmy is absolutely post BB. Saul went to his vacuum cleaner guy to disappear.
Liquid Wrench
Was someone really questioning that?
oragator
The scene where jimmy turns down the job was one of my favorite of the series. Pretty clear they are working him towards Saul,now.
The seven where Kim defended Jimmy wa,shrewt, and the last scene was awesome. Some meh in between, but good episode.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Pretty meh first two episodes, by this show's standards IMO.
Sports-Ag
AG
Gus: You Are Mine.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kim
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dr checking out Hector revived Gus and did surgery on Mike after the Don Eladio slaughter.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Som of these guys need to get on a weight program. They've been eating well since BB. I do think box cuttee slimmed up since last season

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.