*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,189 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Died in his house when it caught fire. Suicide.

I for one haven't been this gratified to see a scene since Tony curb stomped Coco on Sopranos
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Im trying to get people i know to watch but nobody seems interested. Even the BB fans. They are like "i just cant get into it".
Saint Pablo
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Im trying to get people i know to watch but nobody seems interested. Even the BB fans. They are like "i just cant get into it".
Likewise...even guys I know who have watched BB 2-3 times. I don't get it
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Likewise...even guys I know who have watched BB 2-3 times. I don't get it
yup
Gigem314
AG

l enjoy it more than BB. I appreciate the suspense, humor, and banter (particularly Jimmy vs. Chuck) more than the druglord tribal wars that BB evolved into. And unlike Walter White, I continue to root for Jimmy.

Obviously he's going to continue devolving more into Saul as the series wraps up, but underneath I still think he's a decent guy that believes people should have a second chance. We even see glimpses of it in the flash-forward Omaha scenes where he tells the kid getting busted for stealing to get a lawyer...that empathy doesn't ever really go away...even after he became Saul.

I enjoy the layers that make up Jimmy McGill.
Saint Pablo
When will this hit Netflix? Unfortunately, that is how I have had to keep up with it
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Saint Pablo said:

When will this hit Netflix? Unfortunately, that is how I have had to keep up with it

why? it's streamed weekly... and on TV.

Saint Pablo
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Saint Pablo said:

I don't pay for cable in CStat...Suddenlink has been garbage there for me and it hasn't been worth the $$$
expresswrittenconsent
Saint Pablo said:

probably about 3 months after the season ends.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Saint Pablo said:

I don't pay for cable in CStat...Suddenlink has been garbage there for me and it hasn't been worth the $$$
you have internet.. apparently....

Something like SlingTV, Youtube TV, DirecTV NOW or PS Vue would include AMC at the low end of most of their packages. I know Sling TV starter packages are like $25 per month. DTV Now is $40 but if you have AT&T wireless it takes off $15 per month and you get free HBO. and they have many/most sports channels too and locals in many markets.

Then you can watch it LIVE or streaming on AMC.com with your login credentials.

Just some ideas.
Saint Pablo
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Saint Pablo said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Saint Pablo said:

Something like SlingTV, Youtube TV, DirecTV NOW or PS Vue would include AMC at the low end of most of their packages. I know Sling TV starter packages are like $25 per month. DTV Now is $40 but if you have AT&T wireless it takes off $15 per month and you get free HBO. and they have many/most sports channels too and locals in many markets.

Just some ideas.
Yeah I should definitely look into some of that...I had PSVue for a while last year and liked it with NFLRedZone. Thanks!
Burdizzo
AG
Never understood the hate on Chuck. He would be hateable in real life, but the drama between him and Jimmy is a great part of the show.

Least we forget great lines like, "You're a monkey with a machine gun."

Also rumors are that he may still show up down the road.
The Milkman
AG
The scene where he told Jimmy he wasnt "a real lawyer" was my favorite of the entire show until the courtroom scene with the hidden cell phone.
CoachRTM
AG
Chuck was fantastic television. The scene of him being treated in the emergency room was one of my absolute favorites. You felt his agony being beneath the lights, all the machines around him, etc.
Geriatric Punk
AG
The Milkman said:

The scene where he told Jimmy he wasnt "a real lawyer" was my favorite of the entire show until the courtroom scene with the hidden cell phone.
Fully. Saul's reluctance to completely throw him under the bus unless absolutely forced to was very well portrayed. The tap dancing he does with clients is sometimes a little too familiar. I was once a criminal defense attorney. I keep this poster in my office to remind me of fun I had back then. Also, the struggles.

Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Sex Panther
AG
That's awesome
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TexAg2001
AG
In response to Orlando Ayala Cant Read and Saint Pablo:
I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad. I watched it live, then I binge watched through the entire series twice and have seen enough of the episodes individually when they come on TV to probably have watched the entire series 4 or 5 times. However, Saul was my least favorite character in the series and I was not excited when Better Call Saul was announced.

Yes, I watch Better Call Saul (and will likely watch the premier next week), but mostly because it's glimpse into the BB universe and we get a chance to see the backstory on some of the other BB characters. I find myself recording it and watching it when I have time as opposed to working my schedule around when Breaking Bad aired in anticipation of the next episode. To each their own, I guess.
double aught
AG
MURDER SOMEONE?.....
MURDER SOMEONE!?
Teddy Perkins
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Saint Pablo said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Saint Pablo said:

Just some ideas.
Yeah I should definitely look into some of that...I had PSVue for a while last year and liked it with NFLRedZone. Thanks!
KODI is also your friend. Tons of youtube tutorials on how to install depending on what you have.

Can't wait for this show to start back up. Also, same as a few others in here who have friends that loved BB but haven't even given this show a chance strangely.

Gigem314
AG
"Hey you know what, I do hope you make a fortune...'cause Chandler's gonna need it to pay for his therapy!"
Counterpoint
AG
double aught said:

MURDER SOMEONE?.....
Have an illegal pet?
MURDER SOMEONE!?
FIFY
oragator
Season 2 tomorrow people...

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/vince-gilligan-better-call-saul-interview-704094/
Complete Idiot
Looking forward to it
Burdizzo
AG
I rewatched the last three episodes of season three this weekend to prepare.
Bunk Moreland
CW Griswold
The Milkman said:

Last season's episode "Chicanery" may be the best episode of television I have ever watched. I don't give a damn about actual legal procedure, but the systematic takedown of Chuck's ego was to me one of the most interesting story arcs ever.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Street_Cred_Norm
Can't wait til tonight!!
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
emtes
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Saint Pablo said:

Each episode will hit Netflix the day after it premiers on AMC
expresswrittenconsent
boy09
AG
emtes said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Saint Pablo said:

Each episode will hit Netflix the day after it premiers on AMC
That's true for Netflix UK...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Watched the season finale last night as a bit of a refresher. Although as I was watching, I kind of wished I'd backed up a bit further.

So leading into this one, we've got Hector headed to the hospital with a heart attack of some sort (Nacho pill switch, which Gus appears to have noticed), Chuck McGill roasted, and both Jimmy and Kim have at least temporarily given up their practices and don't have any $$$.
Bobcat06
AG
Jimmy has Sandpiper money, but he sabotaged his career in Elder Law so that the nursing home ladies would get along.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Did he ever get the Sandpiper money? I can't remember.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.