*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,212 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't been able to keep up... so what happened in this thread

[DON'T]
Texaggie7nine
Texas 1836
AG
Somebody made a call ...

Sex Panther
AG
Sex Panther said:

Haven't been able to keep up... so what happened in this thread

[DON'T]

I literally haven't checked this thread since the show started, and was hoping to catch up soon when I saw my watch list disappeared. But yeah, you keep doing your important job Mod.

[This thread was turning into a mess and was being flagged left and right for trolling and personal attacks. People are frustrated in the manner in which this thread was going and it needed to be cleaned up. -staff.]

[Sex Panther, there was a lot of bickering and personal attacks happening that had almost nothing to do with the show. We deleted 4 or 5 pages worth of this stuff because it was just posters nagging at each other. The thread was suffering for it. Take our word, you didn't miss anything. - staff]
Know Your Enemy
AG
Texas 1836 said:

Somebody made a call ...

You're looking for the Pulp Fiction thread.
Texaggie7nine
Who would win in a fight between Mike and The Wolf?
7nine
PatAg
AG
Now we can discuss the show again, nice.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Junkhead said:

BlueDeviledAg said:

[This is not the way to restart the thread. - Staff]

Damn. I missed the response.

jetch17
AG
i was surprised they let Howard drop the 'F*** YOU' on AMC ... i seem to recall letting them throw one during BB, but could recall.
Know Your Enemy
AG
jetch17 said:

i was surprised they let Howard drop the 'F*** YOU' on AMC ... i seem to recall letting them throw one during BB, but could recall.
I know "I ****ed Ted" was censored on AMC. Not sure off the top of my head what other F bombs BB had.
Tobias Funke
AG
Pretty sure Hank dropped a "F*** you" near the end of the series
dave94
AG
It seems like this is the year that the F-bomb is becoming more accepted on the basic cable channels.

Yellowstone was the first time I can remember it being used so freely, and that show even had actual nudity. Now Mayans appears to have free reign on the saying *****and I guess BCS is following suit. I'm good with it, it's a lot more natural than using some kind of replacement word.

I guess it's kind of like how GD and dick started getting used in the last several years.
dave94
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Pretty sure Hank dropped a "F*** you" near the end of the series
One of his last lines, but the audio was also dropped on the broadcast version.
Burdizzo
AG
dave94 said:

It seems like this is the year that the F-bomb is becoming more accepted on the basic cable channels.

Yellowstone was the first time I can remember it being used so freely, and that show even had actual nudity. Now Mayans appears to have free reign on the saying *****and I guess BCS is following suit. I'm good with it, it's a lot more natural than using some kind of replacement word.

I guess it's kind of like how GD and dick started getting used in the last several years.

There was an episode of South Park where the whole point of the episode was to drop as many f-bombs as they could, and they ran a ticker in the corner of the screen to document it. This was about 15 years ago.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Burdizzo said:

dave94 said:

There was an episode of South Park where the whole point of the episode was to drop as many f-bombs as they could, and they ran a ticker in the corner of the screen to document it. This was about 15 years ago.
Though that was the word sh*t,
jetch17
AG
Burdizzo said:

dave94 said:

that was with 'SH*T' and now sh*t is pretty commonplace it seems on cable after 9pm shows.

i def think i flashed back to the IFT episode in BB that i was thinking about.
Burdizzo
AG
I am an old man. Maybe it was the s-word. For some reason I thought it was the f-bomb.
jetch17
AG
South Park did the same with f*g i think in the same episode with Garrison

i digress....
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

It's not 4-D chess assumptions. If he had the capital laying around then much of the 2nd half of BB makes no sense. In BB Gus made it clear to Gale when they were opening the boxed with equipment that they needed to start production as quickly as possible because he had sunk a lot of money into it. He tolerated WW killing his dealers and Jesse shooting Gale in the face because he couldn't afford for production to stop. If he really had so much money laying around that he could easily afford a dozen German engineers for 8 months at many times the natural cost, then a lot of the things Gus did in BB would have been unnecessary.
It's more likely he needed to keep up with demand, and keep his promises to the bad people who kill for not keeping promises.

Fixating on his capital is way over thinking things.

AgGrad99
AG

The Kim/Jimmy story line is really interesting to me. They've had hardly any dialogue about their futures/relationships at all...it's like a silent story line, that's key to the plot.

Kim is obviously overwhelmed with Mesa, and not loving her role, focused solely on banking law. She sees Jimmy getting excited about a future she's not comfortable with. He's always one step forward, two steps back. She's maybe not comfortable with that arrangement. She also sees the writing on the notepad....Jimmy's scribbles highlights that she has her stuff together, and he's still all over the board with his future plans.

I love that she leveraged her situation into something great for her. She's now a partner of a very successful firm, she just unloaded her burden, while reaping the rewards, and gets to do what she loved. But, it was at the expense of Jimmy's future plans...so it was a pretty cutthroat move on her part.

Jimmy had the rug pulled out from under him, but he took it well. I like that there's a chance they still remain ok, but he turns into Saul.
Bayside Tiger Ag
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

It's not 4-D chess assumptions. If he had the capital laying around then much of the 2nd half of BB makes no sense. In BB Gus made it clear to Gale when they were opening the boxed with equipment that they needed to start production as quickly as possible because he had sunk a lot of money into it. He tolerated WW killing his dealers and Jesse shooting Gale in the face because he couldn't afford for production to stop. If he really had so much money laying around that he could easily afford a dozen German engineers for 8 months at many times the natural cost, then a lot of the things Gus did in BB would have been unnecessary.
It's more likely he needed to keep up with demand, and keep his promises to the bad people who kill for not keeping promises.

Fixating on his capital is way over thinking things.

Exactly what I said.
Bobcat06
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Jimmy had the rug pulled out from under him, but he took it well. I like that there's a chance they still remain ok, but he turns into Saul.
When we first meet Saul in BB, he's hitting on Francesca. I doubt Jimmy and Kim remain ok.
AgGrad99
AG
They can still remain ok (ie...she's not killed off), and them not be together any longer.
Street_Cred_Norm
They are also using the S word on FTWD and TWD.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Missed the opening a couple of episodes ago and just caught up. Great scene with Saul getting ready to disappear and having to "pay" for it.
Mathguy64
AG
Crap. Wrong board.
fta09
AG
I think I remember from watching Talking Dead that AMC will let them get away with one worthy F-bomb per year or so. And this was 2 or 3 years ago.
expresswrittenconsent
For all of the things jimmy/saul is good at, man he sure sucks at graphic design. All of those Wexler/McGill logos looked like a teenage boy drawing weezer logos.

Can someone help with the timeline of the opening flashback and the current time of the show? Current timeline is around 2005? During the opening I thought Jimmy said to a female coworker something about picking Howard's End all down her ballot/pick sheet. That was a 1992 release so are we talking about the 92 or 93 Oscar's? Would Kim be a 3L in 93 and Jimmy just starting law school then? That seems too far back so I think I missed something in the opening scene.
When approx in BrBa timeline does walt first visit the underground lab - 08 ish?
Sex Panther
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

For all of the things jimmy/saul is good at, man he sure sucks at graphic design. All of those Wexler/McGill logos looked like a teenage boy drawing weezer logos.

Can someone help with the timeline of the opening flashback and the current time of the show? Current timeline is around 2005? During the opening I thought Jimmy said to a female coworker something about picking Howard's End all down her ballot/pick sheet. That was a 1992 release so are we talking about the 92 or 93 Oscar's? Would Kim be a 3L in 93 and Jimmy just starting law school then? That seems too far back so I think I missed something in the opening scene.
When approx in BrBa timeline does walt first visit the underground lab - 08 ish?

I was wondering that myself. The flashback was in 1993.

It referenced Al Pacino winning and that was the last time he was nominated. Twice actually:
Scent of a Woman - Best Actor - Won
Glengarry Glen Ross - Best Supporting Actor - Nominated

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Better Call Saul starts 6 years before Breaking Bad which would be 2002. So that scene was roughly 9-10 years before the start of the show.

I think Kim would've been a 1L going into her second year, but she may be headed into year 3. Not really sure. One of our resident lawyers would probably know.

I also don't think Jimmy was in law school at the time right? That's why it showed him going into the library, studying on his own? Just trying to show he had a plan the whole time (like always).
Know Your Enemy
AG
Jimmy was not in law school at that time.
Bobcat06
AG
The current timeline is 2003. Kim's movie binge post-car accident is referred to as "Bingeathon 2003".

Breaking Bad begins in 2008, Walt's 50th Birthday, and ends in 2010, Walt's 52nd Birthday
expresswrittenconsent
Thx all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Few things:

1. We're heading for a tragic ending to Jimmy/Kim. I'm thinking season finale.

2. Seeing Mike starting to run Gus' security was awesome. The guy is just too cool.

3. I think Jimmy's reaction to news of the old lady's death was genuine.

4. I love the parallel between Gus cutting out the cartel and Jimmy cutting out the cell phone store.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few things:

1. We're heading for a tragic ending to Jimmy/Kim. I'm thinking season finale.

2. Seeing Mike starting to run Gus' security was awesome. The guy is just too cool.

3. I think Jimmy's reaction to news of the old lady's death was genuine.

4. I love the parallel between Gus cutting out the cartel and Jimmy cutting out the cell phone store.
I still think it's not going to be tragic, in that I don't think anyone gets physically hurt or dies. I think they just go their separate ways.
Old Tom Morris
Working the drift apart angle hard this episode, and it feels like this Huell play is gonna go sideways.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.