*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,132 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was watching Taps this morning. I had no idea that Gus Fring was one of the cadets!
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's also in jail with Eddie Murphy at the beginning of Trading Places.
CrottyKid
AG
Some things I thought of as I watched this episode.

The silence of the cousins is a little overplayed. It is almost comical now. It's ok for them to be men of few words, but still actually talk sometimes when it would be more efficient to talk than to stare at each other and wonder what the other one is thinking.

Kim is hotter than she ever was. I think she's been working out.

Fring has some crazy connections.

Did they have Nacho's shirt off in the back of the truck and then put it back on before going to the doctor?

Nacho got screwed.

So THIS is why Fring was looking for a local supplier.

Did Gale and Mr. Fring have a fling? That was kind of a gay exchange.

Kim knows Jimmy is broken. No more empathy out of him. No way they end up together in the long run.

On Kim to the courthouse: I think she was going to look up the statutes she needs to know to start the expansion paperwork. She's not a quitter, and she overestimates herself.

Liquid Wrench
Did you recognize him in Desperately Seeking Susan?

Know Your Enemy
AG
That's Madonna!
fta09
AG
Anyone else recognize the cat burglar? I thought he looked familiar but could not place it. He was the lead of the crew at Vamanos Pest.

More BrBa easter eggs here.
mazzag
AG
The Debt said:

Jimmy knows it was fake. His brother was ashamed of him, he didnt respect his law degree.

I think Jimmy knows his brothers style guide when writing. Every sentence was a new paragraph? That doesnt sound like a lawyer that could have been on the short list for a scotus appointment. Each paragraph is a reasoned argument and thought with supporting sentences.

So maybe Howard wrote it like he wrote the obituary?
Hickory High
AG
I commend Jimmy for not falling for his brother's grandstanding ****, even in death. Surprised Kim still is.
gomerschlep
AG
TCTTS said:

The Mesa Verde guy told Kim that one of the expansions is planned for a Nebraska town I didn't catch. Jimmy's in Nebraska in the latest timeline, right? I wonder if it's the same town. If so, and Kim indeed survives, it'd be cool to see her and Jimmy cross paths once more somehow via Mesa Verde in the latest timeline.
The new Mesa Verde facility was in North Platte, about an hour west of Omaha, which is where the Cinabun (sp?) is.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I don't see why Gus would get involved with Mesa Verde.

He's already in deep with an entire international corporation to launder money or anything else he needs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We bout to get a Mike episode?
mazzag
AG
Am I the only one who's TV cut to commercial in the middle of the judge talking in court?
Bobcat06
AG
nope
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright the cousins are just cartoony and ridiculous.
Big Cat `93
AG
Listening to the judge eat was nearly more than I could handle.

BTW, wasn't he on "Benson"?
BenFiasco14
AG
He was on Star Trek
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
mazzag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I disagree. Just shows more of reason Hank was a badass. Took these psychos down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mike is such a f-ing badass. Zero ****s given.
BenFiasco14
AG
Does anyone else feel like this seasons kinda been meandering so far? Feel like not a whole lots happened yet. Tonight's episode seems kinda ... skippable almost. Mikes awesome of course but I think I'm kinda at the point in the show now I'm so invested I may as well finish it out but I'm not super excited about it
Complete Idiot
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Have to agree, I used the term cartoonish while watching. But not so much to be a big distraction, kind of fun - but better not get much more of them
Complete Idiot
Big Cat `93 said:

Listening to the judge eat was nearly more than I could handle.

BTW, wasn't he on "Benson"?
Holy cow you and I are old and share the same memory of worthless trivia
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can somebody smarter than me explain what the hell Kim is doing?
oragator
Every episode I feel the same way. Lots of just ok scenes but the two or three really good ones always more than make up for it. Mike calling that guy out tonight was awesome.

Gotta wonder if Gilligan didn't make a mistake not making Mike the central character. Way more interesting.
oragator
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can somebody smarter than me explain what the hell Kim is doing?
Crisis of conscience, wants to get back to "real lawerying" and not representing multimillion dollar companies bent on domestic takeovers.
Bunk Moreland
The cousins were cartoonish in BB. They're playing the same characters now so I don't have an issue with it now if I didn't then.

No issues with the season either. For the first few seasons everyone is bored with how slow it is. Now it picks up and people aren't happy?

Bizarre.
Liquid Wrench
BenFiasco14 said:

Does anyone else feel like this seasons kinda been meandering so far? Feel like not a whole lots happened yet. Tonight's episode seems kinda ... skippable almost. Mikes awesome of course but I think I'm kinda at the point in the show now I'm so invested I may as well finish it out but I'm not super excited about it
No. But this show does kinda test the limits of how many primary characters need to be followed at the same time. We're getting a lot of "character development" of a lot of characters.
mazzag
AG
Or maybe the judge has a grudge against Mesa Verde or knows of cases she can dig up? The bailiff or whoever it was talked about bankruptcy cases. Banks can cause businesses to seek bankruptcy protection.
oragator
mazzag said:

Or maybe the judge has a grudge against Mesa Verde or knows of cases she can dig up? The bailiff or whoever it was talked about bankruptcy cases. Banks can cause businesses to seek bankruptcy protection.
Maybe, but he told her if she went back in his court he would give her a PA case, and she was sitting there when he came out, He also said he had seen broken lawyers before, and she chose to go to the court with the most every day stuff. This after she clearly wasn't happy last week when she saw their expansion plans and seemed disillusioned.
Thought it was pretty clear, but maybe I'm missing something.
Pignorant
AG
The judge was Felix on Star Trek Voyager.
oragator
Pignorant said:

The judge was Felix on Star Trek Voyager.
It's funny - you could hear his voice before they showed his face, and I was like "It's the benson voyager guy!"
Ervin Burrell
AG
Someone refresh my memory on how Matty died.
Bunk Moreland
Set up by his partners who used to run with Mike and were dirty cops. They were afraid he'd rat em out so they set him up to be killed.

I think I have that right.
Pignorant
AG
I think it's just different since Jimmy isn't doing any lawyer stuff.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Set up by his partners who used to run with Mike and were dirty cops. They were afraid he'd rat em out so they set him up to be killed.

I think I have that right.

Gotcha-I'm an idiot and am just now realizing that very first scene was a flashback. Was thinking for a minute that Mike had a grandson named Matty who also died in addition to his son.
Liquid Wrench
Also, is it just me and my TV settings, or does it seem like 45% of this show now is filmed in the dark?

Lots of fuzzy shapes and muffled mexican voices .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.