*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,155 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

If I recall, Gale both set up the lab and was going to be the only cook, but he was so impressed with the purity of Walt's meth that he basically lost his mojo since his wouldn't measure up. Basically talked Gus into hiring Walt.

This
DannyDuberstein
AG
Further on the Gale history (as I recall),

he was Walt's assistant at first because Gus doesn't hire addicts, aka Jesse. jesse's pissed though and is restarting the RV cooking on his own. This eventually draws heat from Hank, and eventually, Jesse takes the beating from Hank after the whole trapped-in-the-RV, faked Marie 911 call. Between feeling guilty + looking to keep Jesse from giving him up due to being cut out, Walt convinces Gus to fire Gale so he can bring in Jesse (this place is like SHINY!). Then **** gets sideways with the street dealers that kill the bicycle kid, and that's when Gus brings Gale back to learn the cook so he can be done with Walt and kill him.
The Debt
If that is true, then why not have Gail work for him even in small doses?

Maybe those samples are of amateur cooks, the competition. Also, it seems like the cartel is only importing heroin. They arent touching meth yet.

Iirc, hector wanted a cut of walt when Gus had him in the lab. Gus told him no and the payment from Gus to the cartel was twice as big as hector's payment to the cartel.
Ag_07
AG
Thanks

And I like the spoiler tag from a show aired 10 years ago.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ag_07 said:

Thanks

And I like the spoiler tag from a show aired 10 years ago.
I figured we've got some viewers who admit to not seeing BB. I can't for the life of me figure out why you wouldn't go binge it right away, but call that some generous spoiler tagging for people who need to get their life in order and effing watch BB
TriumphForks
AG
Was Jimmy's B&E guy in this episode the Vamonos Pest guy?
TXAG 05
AG
The Debt said:

If that is true, then why not have Gail work for him even in small doses?

Maybe those samples are of amateur cooks, the competition. Also, it seems like the cartel is only importing heroin. They arent touching meth yet.

Iirc, hector wanted a cut of walt when Gus had him in the lab. Gus told him no and the payment from Gus to the cartel was twice as big as hector's payment to the cartel.

It sounded like he has plans for Gail, ie the underground lab. He also doesn't want to get caught having him cook in the lab in the school or wherever he was.
DannyDuberstein
AG
yeah, he's invested in an entire college education for Gale so he can run the monster cook operation. He's not gonna risk blowing it for small quantities in a short-time need.
Burdizzo
AG
TriumphForks said:

I thought he was the weapons dealer that sold Walt the M60

I also wonder if the copier sales guy bought his wife's vacuum from the same vacuum dealer that got Saul and Walt out of town.
The Debt
That's why I dont think gus is cooking at all.

OR meth is new. And no one is really cooking it at all.

With the heroin, it comes prepared. The salamancas may cut it to increase profit. But we arent seeing any crystal yet, except maybe those samples. But I seriously doubt gus has a cook.

Now here's a thought. When walt had jesse sell to crazy 8, was crazy 8 a salamanca dealer? If so, was crazy 8 selling heroin, meth, or both? Or was he just the dealer jesse knew?
TCTTS
AG
The Mesa Verde guy told Kim that one of the expansions is planned for a Nebraska town I didn't catch. Jimmy's in Nebraska in the latest timeline, right? I wonder if it's the same town. If so, and Kim indeed survives, it'd be cool to see her and Jimmy cross paths once more somehow via Mesa Verde in the latest timeline.
Liquid Wrench
TriumphForks said:

Yes. Had to look it up. Good eye.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did anyone else get pretty excited when we saw "chemistry lab" on the door?

I figured it wasn't Walt, but for a split second I thought, "Are they really gonna do it?"
Ag_07
AG
The Debt said:

That's why I dont think gus is cooking at all.

OR meth is new. And no one is really cooking it at all.

Maybe not now but wasn't Tuco moving meth when Heisenberg showed up?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

The Mesa Verde guy told Kim that one of the expansions is planned for a Nebraska town I didn't catch. Jimmy's in Nebraska in the latest timeline, right? I wonder if it's the same town. If so, and Kim indeed survives, it'd be cool to see her and Jimmy cross paths once more somehow via Mesa Verde in the latest timeline.

Omaha I think.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I honestly had forgotten about Tuco. I bet he'll be a primed for a big comeback in the next season.
expresswrittenconsent
great episode.
Regarding Mesa Verde - not that it really matters but would a smallish regional New Mexico bank really be planning expansion that way (1 big bank in lots of cities from Spokane to Lubbock rather than moving more regionally into UT/NM and adding lots of branches)?
Why would they have a room like that with so many different architectural designs commissioned?

Is Kim going to get rewarded or burned from finally allowing someone to help her and giving the paralegal lots of the grunt work?
fightinags2013
AG
Anyone catch the line about the pizza not being cut?

When the guy is ordering he says, "yes-sliced."

This is a throwback to a Jesse/Badger convo about the pizza place "passing the savings on to you" by not cutting it (which explains Walt throwing the entire pizza on the roof and it not coming apart).
Ag_07
AG
Also...Why did Kim get dropped at the courthouse?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Am I an idiot for thinking that Kim might have written the letter from Chuck (replaced what Howard gave her with something to lift Jimmy's spirits, and when he shrugs it off she breaks down). Couldn't tell if it was typed or not...I'm probably reading too much into her reaction.

I thought the letter was fake as well. Was thinking that maybe Kim or Howard wrote it. If that's how he felt, seems like chuck would've given him more than $5k in his will.
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I honestly had forgotten about Tuco. I bet he'll be a primed for a big comeback in the next season.

Take this with a grain of salt but rumor has it that raymond cruz (tuco) asked to be written off. It was a shock to everyone, why an actor would not take work on a hit show. But cruz said it was incredibly stressful getting into the role of Tuco. Becoming a certifiable psycho on screen requires commitment.

Breaking bad was 2008, Tuco was s1, right? Know what else was 2008? The dark knight and heath ledger.

Now if cruz is convinced that Tuco was normal then got increasing psycho with the use of drugs and the power of filling hector's job, we may see a lot of him. But if the writers have him 1000% psycho, we probably wont get too much time with him.
The Debt
Jimmy knows it was fake. His brother was ashamed of him, he didnt respect his law degree.

I think Jimmy knows his brothers style guide when writing. Every sentence was a new paragraph? That doesnt sound like a lawyer that could have been on the short list for a scotus appointment. Each paragraph is a reasoned argument and thought with supporting sentences.
Liquid Wrench
expresswrittenconsent said:

great episode.
Regarding Mesa Verde - not that it really matters but would a smallish regional New Mexico bank really be planning expansion that way (1 big bank in lots of cities from Spokane to Lubbock rather than moving more regionally into UT/NM and adding lots of branches)?
Why would they have a room like that with so many different architectural designs commissioned?
I think that's part of Kim's reaction. She was maxed out doing this deal, and now the good ole boy is having pie in the sky visions. It could either be a huge life-changing career move for her, or a nightmare of working for a dreamer.
Capstone
AG
I believe too much thought is being put into Kim writing the letter. Chuck would had hand written it and Jimmy would know his handwriting. It was just written long ago before everything between the brothers became so bitterly toxic.

Side note... we're past the murder of Gus's chicken brother "partner" from BB flashback. I'm a little surprised there was never any mention of him. Isn't that what fueled his hatred towards Hector? If you didn't watch BB you'd be left to speculate why. Then again people who are watching BCS without having first watched BB are going to be in the vast minority.
ag88man
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

TCTTS said:

Omaha I think.

He mentioned North Platte, Nebraska. I noticed because I have relatives there and seemingly in every other small town in Nebraska.
Burdizzo
AG
Remember, the last few words Chuck spoke to Jimmy were something like "You never really mattered to me." That was a one on one conversation, and the only person that knows it happened is Jimmy. Between that and the pittance of inheritance, It is no surprise to me why Jimmy has no mourning whatsoever for Chuck.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Lots of great things covered already but another completely WTF moment was the Nacho desert scene. Just when you think he had to take a bullet to be realistic, it got amped up by 1000.

Also trying to figure why Kim dropped by the courthouse. She was totally consumed with Mesa Verde thoughts, but typical Gilligan and crew to tangent off something like that.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I hate that I come here and read all of the comments before seeing he most recent episode, but I enjoy catching all of the stuff that I might otherwise miss.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
beanbean
I thought I saw one of these previews for the whole season and saw Tuco in some of the scenes. Maybe I was wrong.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cake pops for the desk girl
oragator
Anyone notice Daniel Wormand's hummer in that animation?
Geriatric Punk
AG
fightinags2013 said:

Anyone catch the line about the pizza not being cut?

When the guy is ordering he says, "yes-sliced."

This is a throwback to a Jesse/Badger convo about the pizza place "passing the savings on to you" by not cutting it (which explains Walt throwing the entire pizza on the roof and it not coming apart).

Came here to post this.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
AgGrad99
AG
I think Kim cried out of relief.

She was sure it was 'one last screw you' from Chuck...but actually turned out to be a nice letter from his brother. Uncharacteristic, but better than she'd dreaded since she'd received the letter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.