*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,139 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

Hector is the Uncle of both the twins and Lalo. Lalo I'm guessing would be cousin to the twins.
Your right. I just looked it up. Hector raised them from a young age, so I thought he was their dad. I'm not sure if Lalo is their brother, Tuco's brother, cousins, or what.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lalo is another cousin to both Tuco and the twins.
Belton Ag
AG
To borrow from Ozark: the Salamancas have a very deep bench.

aTmAg
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Interesting that we've only seen Tuco in Season 1 of BCS, if I remember correctly. We need a family tree of the Salamancas.
Raymond Cruz (the actor who played Tuco) told Gilligan that he wanted to get killed off in BB because it stressed him out and was too hard on his family to play that part. They wrote into BCS the storyline about him going to jail to explain his absence. I expect he will come back, but only for a short period.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

The BCS timeline at some point will begin to run concurrent with BB, and that Nacho's story arc will come to a conclusion after Walt and Jessie kidnap Saul, or, at the earliest, immediately before that.
My crystal ball prediction is that Nacho and Lalo are in the ground by then, Saul just doesn't know. I could see that scene being one the last flash forwards in season 5.
Belton Ag
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

The BCS timeline at some point will begin to run concurrent with BB, and that Nacho's story arc will come to a conclusion after Walt and Jessie kidnap Saul, or, at the earliest, immediately before that.
My crystal ball prediction is that Nacho and Lalo are in the ground by then, Saul just doesn't know. I could see that scene being one the last flash forwards in season 5.
My theory is that Nacho eventually betrays the Salamancas and maybe Gus, then ghosts everyone by using the phony passports, or possibly even using Robert Forster's getaway service with the help of Saul.
aTmAg
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

I think Lalo and Nacho are on the opposite sides of some fight. That Nacho, with Saul's help, does something for Gus against the Salamancas (or maybe they somehow discover what he did to Hector). So Lalo sends somebody to kill Nacho, and that Saul thinks that those same killers are out to get him too. Since Lalo wasn't one of the guys that Gus mentioned to Hector in BB season 4, my guess is that Lalo dies during the federale crackdown after the assassination attempt of Hank near the end of season 3. Because Gus goes out of his way to tell Hector that the Salamaca name will die with him. So that means he has to know that Lalo is dead too.
expresswrittenconsent
Nacho may eventually come to like gus but right now he is just an asset for gus to use and discard as he pleases. He isnt helping his because he wants to.
aTmAg
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Nacho may eventually come to like gus but right now he is just an asset for gus to use and discard as he pleases. He isnt helping his because he wants to.
Agreed. But if the Salamacas found out what he was doing for Gus, then I think they certainly they still would have him killed. It's not like he could say, "but I have to, otherwise Gus will tell you what I did to Hector!"
expresswrittenconsent
Agree, if the Salamancas knew he was a mole for gus they would kill him.
aTmAg
AG
I like Nacho. I hope he and his dad get away.

But there is just too much drama available to have Nacho want his dad to go with him, and for his dad to refuse because he had built his business with his own two hands.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

But if the Salamacas found out what he was doing for Gus
Lalo would chop him up and serve him in tacos at El Michoacno.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Driving in Austin today

aTmAg
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

But if the Salamacas found out what he was doing for Gus
Lalo would chop him up and serve him in tacos at El Michoacno.
Yep
AgGrad99
AG
Ha! I've noticed those, off Duval, and have thought the same thing.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm enjoying the Lalo character. Anyone else think he feels like a poor man's Pedro Pascal?
Counterpoint
AG
Ryno01 said:

Driving in Austin today

I wonder if those apartments match their original blueprints.
expresswrittenconsent
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm enjoying the Lalo character. Anyone else think he feels like a poor man's Pedro Pascal?

I'm really enjoying the new character as well. I had to look up Pedro Pascal. I can see the resemblance to oberyn Martell (pre squashing) - he kind of reminds me of a Latin Josh Brolin.

His joking nature is unlike his Tio or the twins or anything Salamanca we have seen. We can assume he isnt a softy because old man salamanca wouldn't have been happy to see him. So he may have the ruthlessness of the other salamancas with some of the craziness of Mr blonde from reservoir dogs cutting up a cop.
T Durden
AG
aTmAg said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Interesting that we've only seen Tuco in Season 1 of BCS, if I remember correctly. We need a family tree of the Salamancas.
Raymond Cruz (the actor who played Tuco) told Gilligan that he wanted to get killed off in BB because it stressed him out and was too hard on his family to play that part. They wrote into BCS the storyline about him going to jail to explain his absence. I expect he will come back, but only for a short period.

I wonder how it was hard on his family? I mean his character in Training Day was pretty interesting as well. The poker scene was stressful for me to watch...
Old Tom Morris
aTmAg
AG
T Durden said:

aTmAg said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

I wonder how it was hard on his family? I mean his character in Training Day was pretty interesting as well. The poker scene was stressful for me to watch...
Here is the article where I read about it:

https://www.looper.com/13594/actor-behind-tuco-breaking-bad/

Edit: and that poker scene was damn intense. It's amazing that the main guy was the same dude who played the wuss dad in Fear The Walking Dead.
T Durden
AG
Gotcha. The article says his wife hated it.
aTmAg
AG
T Durden said:

Gotcha. The article says his wife hated it.
Also, he was doing the Closer at the same time and was filming 7 days a week. Of the two roles, playing Tuco was far more exhausting both physically and mentally (he was pulling muscles, losing his voice, and crap playing Tuco).
Bayside Tiger Ag
Season 3 Episode 5 of Breaking Bad, Saul says, "I caught my second wife screwin' my stepdad".

Not sure if hyperbole or serious...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do the Germans make it out of the finale?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do the Germans make it out of the finale?

Nein

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm thinking Gus gives Mike the order to wipe out the team as a repercussion for Werner's escape.

Mike does it begrudgingly, holds Werner responsible for it, and manages to track him down to kill him. He has second thoughts about doing it but ultimately does it. "No more half measures."
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm thinking Gus gives Mike the order to wipe out the team as a repercussion for Werner's escape.

Mike does it begrudgingly, holds Werner responsible for it, and manages to track him down to kill him. He has second thoughts about doing it but ultimately does it. "No more half measures."
I would think that would cause some sort of international incident if 12 Germans went to work in the US and never came back.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm guessing that they don't kill all the Germans but I'd bet Werner is toast. But part of the Gilligan genius is that you rarely guess right when predicting where his show is heading.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

But part of the Gilligan genius is that you rarely guess right when predicting where his show is heading.
Indeed.
UnderoosAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You don't slaughter the pig because he saw the fox kill your chickens. You hunt down the fox. And how you do that? You become a fox.

Gus will make Kai swallow a tracking device and send him home before just wiping everyone out. Who's going to finish the lab?
aTmAg
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You don't slaughter the pig because he saw the fox kill your chickens. You hunt down the fox. And how you do that? You become a fox.

Gus will make Kai swallow a tracking device and send him home before just wiping everyone out. Who's going to finish the lab?
I doubt that Kai would cooperate with that. If Mike forced him to swallow a tracking device, then he would stay far away from Werner.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

UnderoosAg
AG
I meant Gus would go Red Dawn before he went Great Escape, but he's not doing either.
Texas 1836
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

Speaking of making people swallow tracking devices.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.