*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,123 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is essentially all there is to know about the Javelin. It was AMC's car to compete against the "pony" cars like the Camaro, Mustang, and Barracuda. Made from about 1968-1974. Pretty fast cars when outfitted properly. They won a few races in the SCCA Trans Am series. Fairly rare cars. AMC didn't make that many compared to the juggernauts of the Big 3.

The question I have is why Nacho drives around in such a gaudy, one-of-a-kind, car. After damn near dying I would think he would keep a low profile.
Bayside Tiger Ag
oh no said:

please don't quote him

Username checks out
UnderoosAg
AG
What better car to have for a show on AMC?
91_Aggie
AG
UnderoosAg said:

aTmAg said:

In a normal construction sense, I don't see what Werner did alone as being anymore dangerous than when they were all down there planting the explosives. At least not dangerous enough to freak out like that, since the power was cut off at that point.

I think the reason he was flipping out is that he thought Mike was trying to send Kai down there to be "accidentally" killed in some sort of trap. Werner volunteered to go down there in his place to save his life, but he couldn't be 100% sure that whatever imagine trap was in place could be "turned off" at that point. So he thought there was a decent chance that he was about to die.

That's my theory at least.

Mike killing someone in what should have been the last blast would have delayed, if not derailed, the whole project.

Kai set the charges, and Werner was right behind him checking things. That's why Werner said it was his job. He just snapped and wigged out.
He didn't snap and wig out.
He knows he's dealing with dangerous people and knows he may not get out alive.
The whole "I want go visit my wife for a weekend" was just to try to get out of there. If Mike would have allowed that, this guy was not going to come back. He's gone for good (at least until Mike/Gus send someone to kill him). Maybe Mike visits the German Madrigal branch.

edit: oops. posted this before reading rest of thread.. i see others think the same thing.
Burdizzo
AG
UnderoosAg said:

What better car to have for a show on AMC?

Better than a Pacer, I suppose.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Burdizzo said:

The question I have is why Nacho drives around in such a gaudy, one-of-a-kind, car. After damn near dying I would think he would keep a low profile.
Que?

Old Tom Morris
GreasenUSA said:

Old Tom Morris said:

He was a guy that had been cooped up for 8-10 months with the same few guys. He had some beers and enjoyed friendly conversation with some folks he hasn't been in a cage with. I'm starting to think a few of you may have a case of the gay tho.
Wow, okay thanks. Who needs a discussion thread when we have wonderful comments like that?
I guess I should have added "not that there's anything wrong with that".
oh no
AG
not sure how i feel about Nacho's AMC Javelin ...but I do like his style with what he keeps in his house... dos chicas... ...and some Canadian passports.
Hey Nav
AG
Had to smile when I saw the Javelin. I drove one for a couple of years ( a '73) during my college days in Agggieland. Mine was that 'off-Red" color AMC used, with a black vinyl roof.It seems AMC used a lot of unique color schemes.

(Edit : This was not my actual car. It's just an image I found on the internet - didn't want to do a MF Barnes.)
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

I kind of figured he'd carry on as the Salamancas enforcer in ABQ and play that role as normal as one would expect. Living in a nice house and driving that kind of car (living that life) helps to conceal the fact that he's secretly working for Gus and getting ready to bolt.
Duncan Idaho
oh no said:

not sure how i feel about Nacho's AMC Javelin ...but I do like his style with what he keeps in his house... dos chicas... ...and some Canadian passports.

The javelin and the amx were/are cool as ****

oh no
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

oh no said:

The javelin and the amx were/are cool as ****

I'm not saying I hate the car.. just not sure I like nacho flashing around Albuquerque like that.
Duncan Idaho
Having a classic muscle car goes hand in hand with being a Mexican and owning auto upholstery shop.

Granted they usually arent running and are on blocks beside the shop. But still
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Apologies. I was way behind on the thread and posted quote-reply that ended up being labored on over the next pages. No need to carry on.
Know Your Enemy
AG
STOP QUOTING HIM!
aTmAg
AG
Yes stop quoting me. People don't like being reminded on how wrong they are. They need their safe-space.
AgGrad99
AG
Im just glad Lalo Salamanca decided to meet with Gus Fring in his office, about an NDA. Especially if they're going to cut out the Juarez Cartel. They'll need that if someone doesnt hold up their end of the bargain.
aTmAg
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Im just glad Lalo Salamanca decided to meet with Gus Fring in his office, about an NDA. Especially if they're going to cut out the Juarez Cartel. They'll need that if someone doesnt hold up their end of the bargain.
It's sad that you need to misrepresent my position to make an argument. Can anybody on this board make a point without depending on straw men?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BMX Bandit
aTmAg said:

Yes stop quoting me. People don't like being reminded on how wrong they are. They need their safe-space.

Are you the one junkhead doesn't want quoted?

What are your thoughts on Lalo? I think he finds out about Gus & gets buried in the lab
AgGrad99
AG
aTmAg said:

AgGrad99 said:

It's sad that you need to misrepresent my position to make an argument. Can anybody on this board make a point without depending on straw men?
It was a joke.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aTm:

Bayside Tiger Ag

aTmAg said:

Hey Junkhead
Nice troll haha
DeangeloVickers
AG
So I'm home early today to take my daughter to ballet

Well, I hear Mike on the TV ...and I'm like holy crap my daughter is watching Better Call Saul

Nope she is watching a kid show Skylanders Academy..."Mike", Norm MacDonald, etc.

Skylanders Academy https://g.co/kgs/7Ypf81
TCTTS
AG
POST OF THE YEAR.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Part of me is going to be very happy the season is over soon.....Jeez.
Callate Donnie
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Part of me is going to be very happy the season is over soon.....Jeez.
nm. But, ya, no sheet.
aTmAg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

aTmAg said:

Are you the one junkhead doesn't want quoted?

What are your thoughts on Lalo? I think he finds out about Gus & gets buried in the lab
Yeah, he is doing lots of snooping. And I don't think he exists in BB, so I assume he meets some untimely end. Your theory is a good one, IMO.
AgGrad99
AG
What if Lalo is working outside of the Salamanca family's wishes (or without them knowing)....and Tuco comes to set things straight.
aTmAg
AG
Actually I'm wrong. Lalo was in Breaking Bad. When Saul was kidnapped by Walt and Jesse, and Saul says, "It was Ignacio!", he then asks them, "Lalo didn't send you?"

So I guess Lalo is still alive and is an important guy in the Breaking Bad timeline. My bad.
Bayside Tiger Ag
aTmAg said:

Actually I'm wrong. Lalo was in Breaking Bad. When Saul was kidnapped by Walt and Jesse, and Saul says, "It was Ignacio!", he then asks them, "Lalo didn't send you?"

So I guess Lalo is still alive and is an important guy in the Breaking Bad timeline. My bad.

I'll also acknowledge that I have been wrong lots of times. Sorry everyone

A rare thumbs-up for you. That's a good call. I had forgotten about that. Do we know the Tuco/Lalo family connection? And where do the twin assassins factor in. They are Tuco's brothers, no?

Interesting that we've only seen Tuco in Season 1 of BCS, if I remember correctly. We need a family tree of the Salamancas.
aTmAg
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

aTmAg said:

A rare thumbs-up for you. That's a good call. I had forgotten about that. Do we know the Tuco/Lalo family connection? And where do the twin assassins factor in. They are Tuco's brothers, no?

Interesting that we've only seen Tuco in Season 1 of BCS, if I remember correctly. We need a family tree of the Salamancas.
Weren't the twin assassins Tuco's cousins? They were the sons of Hector, and I think Lalo might be this older kid:

Belton Ag
AG
So I'd imagine that:

A. As a character, Lalo is here to stay at least until Tuco gets out of prison and probably he'll appear alongside Tuco throughout the rest of the show.

B. The BCS timeline at some point will begin to run concurrent with BB, and that Nacho's story arc will come to a conclusion after Walt and Jessie kidnap Saul, or, at the earliest, immediately before that.

I'm sure that's been touched on a million times by now.
Belton Ag
AG
Hector is the Uncle of both the twins and Lalo. Lalo I'm guessing would be cousin to the twins.
Stive
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

aTmAg said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.