*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,196 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Burdizzo said:

Mike was about to pull the trigger on Hector when Gus stopped him.

I don't know if that is considered immoral or just business.
That was because Hector had an innocent good samaritan killed.
Complete Idiot
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_killings_by_main_characters
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

That shouldn't be counted on Walt's count tbh.
Belton Ag
AG
I just don't believe that Mike would go along with executing the Germans at this point unless there is something else - something fairly egregious - that happens that threatens him.

Like I said in an earlier post, there could be some conflict between Mike and Gus over this issue that would be really interesting to see play out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, how is Hank counted toward's Jesse's count? That doesn't even make sense.
Old Tom Morris
Belton Ag said:

I just don't believe that Mike would go along with executing the Germans at this point unless there is something else - something fairly egregious - that happens that threatens him.

Like I said in an earlier post, there could be some conflict between Mike and Gus over this issue that would be really interesting to see play out.
Agree. We're all leaping to assuming he's just gonna kill all these guys to cover the project. If something drastic happens, it's gonna be more complicated than that (or simply not done by Mike or necessarily with Mike's knowledge).

If Gus wants to cover his tracks by offing these guys, he's got other options to do it that involve guys who have actually killed for him already.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I'm not debating whether Mike has crossed the line of killing someone before. I'm asking if he has killed someone for immoral or selfish reasons.

Killing a scumbag in order to protecting an innocent victim has some morality to it.

Killing the Germans to silence them about criminal activity would be immoral.

I don't think he has killed anyone for immoral reasons up to this point in BCS.

We got a regular Frank Castle posting in our midst.
Burdizzo
AG
Spitballing - I think the pressure of the delay/overruns on the excavation result in someone cracking or getting hurt/killed in an accident. Maybe the last explosive goes badly.
aTmAg
AG
Here is my theory:

Mike likes Werner personally and vouched for him once. So I'm guessing that Werner makes another innocent mistake and Gus orders Mike to kill him. Mike is then stuck in the quandary of going against his code and going against Gus. That's a potential plot point.
Bayside Tiger Ag
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

I'm not debating whether Mike has crossed the line of killing someone before. I'm asking if he has killed someone for immoral or selfish reasons.

Killing a scumbag in order to protecting an innocent victim has some morality to it.

Killing the Germans to silence them about criminal activity would be immoral.

I don't think he has killed anyone for immoral reasons up to this point in BCS.

We got a regular Frank Castle posting in our midst.

Well Chilibeans, looks like we need to call the mods on Bobcat. His posts are starting to sound too much like we-all-know-who.
Liquid Wrench
We never need to call the mods.*

*One person on this board has tempted me before.

[If we get called again, no more half measures. - STAFF]
aTmAg
AG
Frankly, I have no idea why people on this board get so upset about people's opinions. What the heck is wrong with bobcat's post?
mazzag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Also, how is Hank counted toward's Jesse's count? That doesn't even make sense.

Cause Jessie turned on Walt and helped set up the fake money barrels on the dessert. Just a guess. I didn't read the link.

Edit to add I looked at the link. It says "2nd hand" so yeah Jessie can be blamed for Hank.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I disagree, Walt is more culpable than Jesse since Walt called them to the desert.
oragator
Off topic, was just watching Inglorious Basterds, Werner is one of Hitler's generals.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Was that the best STAFF edit ever?
AgFan131
This thread tries too hard.
Texas 1836
AG
ChiliBeans said:

We never need to call the mods.*

*One person on this board has tempted me before.

[If we get called again, no more half measures. - STAFF]

J.P. 03
AG
Since the number on the church website worked, has anyone tried to call the prosecutor's office yet? I'm pretty sure she included all 10 digits in one the voicemails she left on Jimmy's phones.
Texaggie7nine
J.P. 03 said:

Since the number on the church website worked, has anyone tried to call the prosecutor's office yet? I'm pretty sure she included all 10 digits in one the voicemails she left on Jimmy's phones.
Or calling the number on the website for the pastor.

Pastor Hansford
can be reached at:
318-426-9662

I called it and it was a recording of Jimmy as Pastor Hansford asking to leave a message and he will get back to you.

I didn't leave a message though.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
oragator said:

Off topic, was just watching Inglorious Basterds, Werner is one of Hitler's generals.
THANK YOU.

I knew I'd seen that guy before.
gigemags-99
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Thanks. I need to start turning subtitles on. Can't hear **** with the way the audio is on this show. I have the same issue with TWD.
well yeah and that scene was going back and forth english to spanish and with the spanish music playing over it all....no surprise people did not pick that up.

I started watching all shows with CC on when my very deaf FIL lived with us (on hospice care) and learned that I actually like it for most scripted shows. usually pick up on some things I otherwise might miss - and also just love it for any show with heavy accents (e.g. GOT).

Breaking Bad is great to watch with closed captioning. There are many things that are completely inaudible. The multiple murders in the prison by the Aryans is one of those scenes. When the banker is talking to his wife on the prison pay phone, you can't hear a word he is saying because the music is playing over the audio. It is actually quite heartbreaking.
The Debt
Just watched it.

Saul lists the ethics/laws they broke says "we are done with all that."
Kim "let's do it again"
Vince Gilligan changes show from "Better Call Saul" to "Kim Wexler Breaks Bad"
Harry Stone
AG
Just saw Odenkirk on Waynes World 2 as a concert dork.
Hey Nav
AG
expresswrittenconsent
Hey Nav said:

Interesting. I have no memory of that scene but the "buddy, lots of guys girlfriends are back there" line is such a fantastic and memorable line.
Baby Billy
AG
Just caught up! Curious to see how the last 2 play out.

Keep thinking we are leading up to something big happening, but that's not really how this show works.

Slow burn, baby.
PatAg
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Just caught up! Curious to see how the last 2 play out.

Keep thinking we are leading up to something big happening, but that's not really how this show works.

Slow burn, baby.
He likes to spring the big moments in though, as well.
BlackLab
AG
Hey Nav said:

Did that one guy say cicero?
cajunaggie08
AG
Hey Nav said:

And Rob Smigel is the other concert dork.
Malachi Constant
AG
Tonight's Better Call Saul is 78 minutes long, so it'll probably be pretty uneventful

Quote:

First, it's 78 minutes long, and while that wouldn't be a promising note for every series, Better Call Saul is the kind of show that rarely wastes so much as a moment. Second, it's the season's penultimate episode, and as it happens, Better Call Saul is very good at penultimate episodes. Donna Bowman stands ready to make sense of all 78 minutes.
MathNewman06
AG
I sure haven't seen any "slow burn" complaints this season.
Are those folks not watching or not on the thread anymore, or do you think the pacing of the show has changed?

I never had a problem with the pacing, but I can see that they're maybe working toward a defined endpoint now, which might be moving the show along.
k20dub
AG
Probably not watching anymore. All my friends and family that loved Breaking Bad, watched the first season of BCS and stopped watching after that.

I still like it though.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Jesus. My heart rate is sky high.
Koldus131
AG
Junkhead said:

Jesus. My heart rate is sky high.

Those are the scenes that remind you what makes this show and Breaking Bad so great

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.