*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,125 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

As I'm sitting there watching the German blab to the guys at the bar I'm thinking "Holy ***** Shoulda got him to sign an NDA."
Yep. Told you Gus messed that up. Should have listened.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Who was the Hispanic at the restaurant with Nacho and Domingo at the end? Have we seen him anywhere before?

No... Nacho correctly guessed he was a Salamanca (it was in the closed captions)..... it seems the family has sent him to take Hector's place for the family business interests.

aTmAg
AG
Kim's+Jimmy's idea was genius. I love it when a show gives you all the information, but outsmarts you anyway.
UnderoosAg
AG
Jimmy with the American Samoa shirt.

The shot with Jimmy and the crew with the phones laid out was glorious.

I wonder if the heffy watson beer dude works for Mike. Who the hell is that bad at ordering a beer.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Thanks. I need to start turning subtitles on. Can't hear **** with the way the audio is on this show. I have the same issue with TWD.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Thanks. I need to start turning subtitles on. Can't hear **** with the way the audio is on this show. I have the same issue with TWD.
well yeah and that scene was going back and forth english to spanish and with the spanish music playing over it all....no surprise people did not pick that up.

I started watching all shows with CC on when my very deaf FIL lived with us (on hospice care) and learned that I actually like it for most scripted shows. usually pick up on some things I otherwise might miss - and also just love it for any show with heavy accents (e.g. GOT).
Tobias Funke
AG
Baba Ganoush said:

aTmAg said:

willie wonka said:

With Kim buying all the highlighters and desk supplies, I'm hoping she's going to tell Jimmy, "ok, you want Huell out, I will help you. You want to go into practice with me, we'll work together on this and we will throw everything we've got at them and we'll win." It's a test to see where Jimmy's head is. He'll agree with some reservation and will begin but the opportunity to cut a corner will present itself and Jimmy will take it and that'll be it. I'm hoping Jimmy's actions don't get Kim disbarred.
I can't figure out what Kim was doing with the office supplies. I would think she has all the supplies she needs to do her job. All I know is that often when I think I know where the writers are going with something, I am completely wrong. What we do know is that she doesn't want to trash the reputation of the cop otherwise she would have agreed to Jimmy's idea. So maybe somehow she's going to try to make Huell look good? With office supplies somehow? I have no idea how.
The only thing I could come up with, and this is pretty far fetched, was to pretend like Huell was some kind of Big Brother/mentor to kids to show he'd turned his life around. She would use all the office supplies to put together a bunch of letters and notes from the kids saying how great Huell is.

You sandbaggin' son of a *****! You old sailor, you!
aTmAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Baba Ganoush said:

aTmAg said:

willie wonka said:

With Kim buying all the highlighters and desk supplies, I'm hoping she's going to tell Jimmy, "ok, you want Huell out, I will help you. You want to go into practice with me, we'll work together on this and we will throw everything we've got at them and we'll win." It's a test to see where Jimmy's head is. He'll agree with some reservation and will begin but the opportunity to cut a corner will present itself and Jimmy will take it and that'll be it. I'm hoping Jimmy's actions don't get Kim disbarred.
I can't figure out what Kim was doing with the office supplies. I would think she has all the supplies she needs to do her job. All I know is that often when I think I know where the writers are going with something, I am completely wrong. What we do know is that she doesn't want to trash the reputation of the cop otherwise she would have agreed to Jimmy's idea. So maybe somehow she's going to try to make Huell look good? With office supplies somehow? I have no idea how.
The only thing I could come up with, and this is pretty far fetched, was to pretend like Huell was some kind of Big Brother/mentor to kids to show he'd turned his life around. She would use all the office supplies to put together a bunch of letters and notes from the kids saying how great Huell is.

He got half of it right. The other half was they phones. Both sold the deal.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
but they went so much further too....

the website, the phones, mailing all those cards and letters and including numbers for some, the backstory of Huell's heroics, etc....

and the ACCENTS and dialogue/script.

genius!!!!!
Tobias Funke
AG
aTmAg said:

Tobias Funke said:

Baba Ganoush said:

aTmAg said:

willie wonka said:

Thanks for the recap
jschroeder
That was a pretty terrible portrayal of Coushatta.
mazzag
AG
How else would you portray a post office in a town of 2000 people in the south to give the audience a picture of how small knit the community is?
Baba Ganoush
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Baba Ganoush said:

aTmAg said:

willie wonka said:

Ha, just a lucky guess. Or half guess.
Broba Fett
aTmAg said:

willie wonka said:

Okay Wizard. Enough spells.
Broba Fett
jschroeder said:

He sounded like Bobby Boucher
Stive
AG
Tobias Funke said:

aTmAg said:

Tobias Funke said:

Baba Ganoush said:

aTmAg said:

willie wonka said:

Thanks for the recap
Know Your Enemy
AG
jschroeder said:

aTmAg has a sock
TooTall 06
AG
Saw this on The LSU Boards...

The website is real...
http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com

They actually have a donate now link to a local LA food bank. Lots of easter eggs on the site. Have fun.

johnnyblaze36
AG
TooTall 06 said:

The website is real...

They actually have a donate now link to a local LA food bank. Lots of easter eggs on the site. Have fun.

I cannot believe there is a real website. Pure genius! I actually just called the number and got the pastor's voicemail. It's hilarious.

Quote:

"One Easter egg hunt Huell noticed that all the kids had found eggs except my little Maggie. He asked if he could help her and together they found ten eggs. She was so excited!" - Bradley F.
AG
Someone updated the wiki page for Coushatta naming Huell as one of the notable people from there.
Bayside Tiger Ag
TooTall 06 said:

The website is real...

I ****ing love Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould. Truly the best TV series creators in the history of television
aTmAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

aTmAg said:

Tobias Funke said:

Baba Ganoush said:

aTmAg said:

willie wonka said:

Thanks for the recap
You gonna thank Zombie Jon Snow for his recap too?
Burdizzo
AG
Great website up until the part about Lenten Fish Fry on the Calendar.
Ag_07
AG
Loved the fake the donation tracker. That certainly took me back to the BB world.

And Nacho sure has himself a nice setup. Not sure the importance of the Manitoba IDs though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's crazy is I don't think a single person saw that coming with Kim at the end.
Burdizzo
AG
Ag_07 said:

Loved the fake the donation tracker. That certainly took me back to the BB world.

And Nacho sure has himself a nice setup. Not sure the importance of the Manitoba IDs though.

I think he wants to get his dad and himself out of Dodge, and those will be their new identities.
TXAG 05
AG
Burdizzo said:

Ag_07 said:

I think he wants to get his dad and himself out of Dodge, and those will be their new identities.

This. He wants out of "the life". Same motivation for switching out Hectors pills.

As far as Kim, those showed her playing with the stopper from the tequila bottle. She remembered the thrill of scamming people.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Burdizzo said:

Ag_07 said:

Yeah, after getting shot, pretty sure he formalized his bug out bag and will tell Pops he needs to jump on board.
Remember that we have gone through 9 months +.

Now the cliff hanger will be how bad does Kim get in trouble to spell the end?
Joseph Parrish
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Yeah, after getting shot, pretty sure he formalized his bug out bag and will tell Pops he needs to jump on board.
Remember that we have gone through 9 months +.

Now the cliff hanger will be how bad does Kim get in trouble to spell the end?
I'm betting her fall from grace is bigger than Jimmy's, and that's why she's not in BB. Just my guess.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What's crazy is I don't think a single person saw that coming with Kim at the end.
In hindsight, it makes more sense. I always wondered how somebody like Kim would be attracted to Jimmy. She's above his pay grade. Now it seems clear that she was attracted to his shady side.
Tobias Funke
AG
aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

In hindsight, it makes more sense. I always wondered how somebody like Kim would be attracted to Jimmy. She's above his pay grade. Now it seems clear that she was attracted to his shady side.

I think they are trying to make it very clear that she has a strongly addictive personality. First it was work (the car crash), then it was smoking (happening more and more), and now she's getting her adrenaline high off of the scams. The difference between her and Jimmy is that Jimmy runs scams for a reason (get rich, get even, etc), and she seems to just enjoy doing it for the rush. She's much more likely to take it too far and I agree that this is how we see her world come apart.
hurleyag
AG
Tobias Funke said:

aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think they are trying to make it very clear that she has a strongly addictive personality. First it was work (the car crash), then it was smoking (happening more and more), and now she's getting her adrenaline high off of the scams. The difference between her and Jimmy is that Jimmy runs scams for a reason (get rich, get even, etc), and she seems to just enjoy doing it for the rush. She's much more likely to take it too far and I agree that this is how we see her world come apart.
Maybe they are pushing her more and more towards actually being Wendy!
aTmAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is a good point.

What I can see happening is that Kim and Jimmy go into a groove doing this sort of thing, and she gets killed in a car crash or something. Them Jimmy goes full Saul "in her memory". In BB he has absolutely no guilt what he is doing. Where so far in BCS he does still.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
hurleyag said:

Tobias Funke said:

aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Maybe they are pushing her more and more towards actually being Wendy!

that was proposed here back on p. 3....I provided the pics.

Quote:

So she's Wendy from Breaking Bad?
Meth is a hell of a drug.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2954691/replies/52283187
Know Your Enemy
AG
This idea is dumber than the NDA argument.

[Let's not go down this road again. - STAFF]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.