*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,145 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It must have been darker than I thought when I was watching it. I just caught a glimpse of the bearded guy but I thought it was a the same cat burglar guy that helped him get the little statue to sell and that runs the bug spray business in BB.

So the guy with Huell was the same giant guy in the clip you posted?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yeah, I thought the same thing as you while watching but Sepinwall posted the info about who it really was.
Old Tom Morris
Hummel stealer/Vamonos pest guy (not pinata guy)

Baby Billy
AG
Old Tom Morris
Pimento sandwich garage/pinata guy

hurleyag
AG
Speaking of Hummel stealer. Jimmy made a point of checking who had Mrs. Strauss' Hummel. I predict a quick buck to be made going after that piece.
Know Your Enemy
AG
hurleyag said:

Speaking of Hummel stealer. Jimmy made a point of checking who had Mrs. Strauss' Hummel. I predict a quick buck to be made going after that piece.
I don't. To me it was showing the side of him that still cared about his first clients. He wanted to make sure that her beloved Hummel got to the person she wanted to receive it. He was genuinely sad at her death and the fact that he missed her memorial. He hasn't gone full Saul yet.
Old Tom Morris
hurleyag said:

I thought this when he first asked, but as the conversation progressed, I came around that Jimmy actually cared what happened to her and her family. That he's not a total heartless *******. He did bond with some of the olds.
hurleyag
AG
You both are probably right, I tend to fixate on my first thought when I notice things in shows and the mention of the Hummel went straight to him contacting the guy for the job.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Junkhead said:

Jimmy is definitely going to get those kids back. I have faith.
For once I was right.
tysker
AG
Junkhead said:

hurleyag said:

I don't. To me it was showing the side of him that still cared about his first clients. He wanted to make sure that her beloved Hummel got to the person she wanted to receive it. He was genuinely sad at her death and the fact that he missed her memorial. He hasn't gone full Saul yet.
And Jimmy didnt offer to look over the probate documents even though he likely could have done so without much knowledge from the NM bar. Instead he did the 'right' thing and referred the son to HHM. It seems he sincerely wants to go back to being an attorney and helping people that otherwise would not get their legal needs met.
Old Tom Morris
Jimmy appeared to be buying it in a manner that they wouldn't know. ON the first buy through the store, he paid cash and rang them up on separate receipts. With the latest, it appears he went straight to the supplier and cut the store out entirely.
aTmAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

You just remind me of the type of kid who our moms forced us to invite to things in middle school, and then we groaned and rolled our eyes at every comment you made. To this, you would get even more defensive and bratty and overall just unbearable. That's how you come across. You seem okay with that, and that's fine I guess. I know if I had at least a dozen posters telling me I was sucking up a thread, I'd probably stop.
I've been the same for the nearly 20 years I have been here. Yet it's weird how it only started happening on this board and since TCTTS started his anti-politics crusade. He and others (many of whom are on this thread) started bullying people they didn't agree with and so I stood up to them. I'm not going to reward bullying by scurrying away. I like discussing things with reasonable people and annoying a-holes. So I get the best of both worlds.

Quote:

Anyway, let's talk about Jimmy's mobile shop. Any chance of a backlash when the store owner realizes Jimmy is buying the product in bulk and then reselling it on the black market for a profit? Or is upper management just so checked out that he doesn't run a risk of getting caught?

Seems to me, that he can only do that for so long. Eventually his customers will just go buy it at the stores directly. Perhaps they notice that he sold a crap-ton of phones in a short period and then all the stores started selling more of those. But not sure he would get in trouble for that. But this show is hard to predict and it seems that afterwards it's always a "oh that makes sense". So we'll see.

Quote:

Lastly, I just love Mike and the way he tells a story with his face. His eyes and mouth during the entire interaction with Kai were amazing.

Jonathan Banks is the best actor on this show. I don't know if he's ever gotten an Emmy, but he should.
aTmAg
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Jimmy appeared to be buying it in a manner that they wouldn't know. ON the first buy through the store, he paid cash and rang them up on separate receipts. With the latest, it appears he went straight to the supplier and cut the store out entirely.
I forgot about the supplier thing. Yeah that should probably get him fired if they find out.
Liquid Wrench
Junkhead said:

hurleyag said:

And I that's why they never actually hit the three punks with a bat, though that would have been satisfying to watch. Jimmy/Saul never sees himself as becoming one of the bad guys, just smart enough to take advantage of a situation.
Know Your Enemy
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Junkhead said:

hurleyag said:

And I that's why they never actually hit the three punks with a bat, though that would have been satisfying to watch. Jimmy/Saul never sees himself as becoming one of the bad guys, just smart enough to take advantage of a situation.
Yeah, Jimmy is not the violent type so I wasn't surprised that he just wanted to scare the punks. Even when he was Saul he would never be that directly involved with any Belize vacations. He would get someone else to handle the dirty work.
Philip J Fry
AG
Okay, not to belabor the fast food talk, but it was pretty clear from BB that Gus's fast food restaurant was only a small part of a much bigger money laundering operation. Not out of question that he could have gotten a loan or an advance from the cartel either.
Bobcat06
AG
If he was laundering thru Madrigal (and was besties with their CEO), he could have got a loan from them if needed. No need to overanalyze this.
Liquid Wrench
Philip J Fry said:

Okay, not to belabor the fast food talk, but it was pretty clear from BB that Gus's fast food restaurant was only a small part of a much bigger money laundering operation. Not out of question that he could have gotten a loan or an advance from the cartel either.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought Don Juan explicitly made the call to set up local supply. They don't show us every detail, but I'm assuming the cartel is backing to whatever extent necessary.

And BB showed us Gus's standing in the community, so I would assume it's not a huge deal for him to go get a legit loan for a warehouse or laundromat investment or whatever. I just don't think we'll ever see all the details.
johnnyblaze36
AG
OR just maybe Gus also owns a Chick-fil-A on the side that we just don't know about yet.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Cartel wouldn't be funding this because this move is going out on his own.
aTmAg
AG
The point is, that it's clear this is damn expensive and it's no wonder why in BB he tolerated WW and Jesse for so long despite all the things they did. If it was cheap, then he could have just hired any old cook and the last 3 seasons wouldn't have happened. He needed a high quality product to sell for higher price so that he would be able to payoff whatever mechanism he used to finance it.
Tobias Funke
AG
Where do you guys think Darth Vader got all that money to build a Death Star?
Producers_96
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Where do you guys think Darth Vader got all that money to build a Death Star?
...and what about the Contractors?
Old Tom Morris
Quote:

OR just maybe Gus also owns a Chick-fil-A on the side that we just don't know about yet.
Buyer - "This blue meth is so pure! Thank you!"

Dealer - "My pleasure."
aTmAg
AG
BlueDeviledAg said:

Or, or, he already had the capital necessary to finance the operation. These 4-D chess assumptions are absurd.
It's not 4-D chess assumptions. If he had the capital laying around then much of the 2nd half of BB makes no sense. In BB Gus made it clear to Gale when they were opening the boxed with equipment that they needed to start production as quickly as possible because he had sunk a lot of money into it. He tolerated WW killing his dealers and Jesse shooting Gale in the face because he couldn't afford for production to stop. If he really had so much money laying around that he could easily afford a dozen German engineers for 8 months at many times the natural cost, then a lot of the things Gus did in BB would have been unnecessary.
Bayside Tiger Ag
The more likely scenario is that Gus was struggling to keep up with demand in BB.
The Milkman
AG
Or its a TV show and he has unlimited money
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
JRB78
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Quote:

Buyer - "This blue meth is so pure! Thank you!"

Dealer - "My pleasure.
I just know I am going to think about this every time I go to Chick-fil-A now.
UnderoosAg
AG
Mike digs pimento cheese sandwiches. Is he a brand name guy because he's meticulous, or store brand guy to save money?

Know Your Enemy
AG
Staff cleaned up this thread like Mike Ehrmantraut at Jane's apartment.
Bayside Tiger Ag
[This is not the way to restart the thread. - Staff]
TriumphForks
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
BlueDeviledAg said:

[This is not the way to restart the thread. - Staff]

Damn. I missed the response.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.