*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,194 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgFan131 said:

No way a pure chemist would say that.
A pure chemist would have him killed for saying something that stupid.
CrottyKid
AG
And also he was explaining to someone who he assumes has less chemistry knowledge.
Sports-Ag
AG
What a opening!
Duncan Idaho
****ing hotel I am staying in this week doesn't have amc
Liquid Wrench
I'll record it for you.
CyclingAg82
AG
Sports-Ag said:

What a opening!
Interesting flash forward......
Liquid Wrench
Problem with my DirecTV connection so I really am recording later tonight if anyone wants to stop by and watch.
CyclingAg82
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Problem with my DirecTV connection so I really am recording later tonight if anyone wants to stop by and watch.
Got a thunderstorm happening right now, messing with the signal on my DirecTV.

But we need the rain...so there's that.
Complete Idiot
Would seem hard to appreciate and enjoy that episode without having watched breaking bad

Some will again say it's slow and why did we need two laundry/lab scenes, but to me it's significant because it again drives home how methodical and patient Fring was and how Walt came in and wrecked it all
TXAG 05
AG
Agreed. Without having seen Breaking Bad, a lot of that episode wouldn't make sense, especially the opening.

Out of curiosity, and not that it matters, but I looked up the address he gave for the cell phone store and it is in a neighborhood, not a strip mall.
Seven Costanza
AG
I enjoy the esthetic of the long scenes of someone working through a process on this show.

I was a little annoyed that he didn't see how exposed he was during the phone selling montage. I was watching that thinking "they could just steal his money and his phones pretty easily".
UnderoosAg
AG
T-storm crapped out my DirecTV 3/4 thru, but caught the rest on the app. It looks like it's available on the app at the same time it airs.
Mr.Bond
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I was a little annoyed that he didn't see how exposed he was during the phone selling montage. I was watching that thinking "they could just steal his money and his phones pretty easily".

Agreed. This was pretty obviously going to happen
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

PatAg
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I enjoy the esthetic of the long scenes of someone working through a process on this show.

He was also annoyed with himself afterwards.
Big Al 1992
AG
What an episode!

Was the cold opening re-shot from B.B. or totally new flash forward? Seems like I remember that scene or something similar.
Old Tom Morris
So the question no one has asked yet regarding the opening scene:

Big Al 1992
AG
Also had to rewatch - the first excavator got called on his BS - Gus must have been there listening and called Mike. When the second car sick guy came, Gus liked what he heard and came out in person. Is this what happened? First guy too polished or Gus knew you had to blast and doubted that guy's expertise?
Old Tom Morris
It is a very complicated job, and a guy downplaying the complexity so significantly is showing that he's full of **** . Both his qualifications and his trustworthiness have to be in question.
Old Tom Morris
It's like the contractor that comes in and tells you something that just sounds too good to be true. It's because it is. Your project is going to end up over-promised, under-delivered, over budget, and with who knows what other problems. And this isn't one that can afford problems.
Another Doug
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

So the question no one has asked yet regarding the opening scene:

I thought it was the same box from season 1 episode 1 where he stored is "Better Call Saul" ad tape.
Old Tom Morris
Could be. They were both shoe boxes. Seems really weird to store it behind the drywall while he was still Saul Goodman though. The season 1 box had family photos, the video, and maybe a passport (although it wouldn't have been vacuum repair passport). Seems pretty innocuous to choose to drywall in, but maybe there is more there that we haven't seen yet - which is probably more my question -> what's in the box that made it drywall worthy while still Saul, because it doesn't seem to be what Gene has revealed so far?
Old Tom Morris
Just pulled it up. Hard to tell because Ep 1 Gene scene is black-and-white. Only obvious difference in the box is that the Saul one had rubberbands while the Gene one didn't, which obviously does't preclude them from being the same. There are some markings on the end of the Gene one, but in the Saul scene, we don't see both ends.

And the contents of the Gene box are what I mentioned above + a metal bandaid box. Weird to put behind drywall unless there is more there, which maybe there is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome episode. We inch closer and closer to BB.

Saul's office. The lab. Dog House!
Belton Ag
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

It's like the contractor that comes in and tells you something that just sounds too good to be true. It's because it is. Your project is going to end up over-promised, under-delivered, over budget, and with who knows what other problems. And this isn't one that can afford problems.
Plus I'm sure they're not thrilled about the guy running his mouth about his past jobs; the last thing they want is this guy talking about this job sometime down the road.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
UnderoosAg
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

You mean like EcoZapp?
Stive
AG
Help me out....what was the significance of the DogHouse in Breaking Bad? I don't remember that.
Mr.Bond
AG
Stive said:

Help me out....what was the significance of the DogHouse in Breaking Bad? I don't remember that.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Dog_House
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Complete Idiot
THe pilot episode they ended up tossing and redoing showed Jimmy and Chuck as totally different characters

MathNewman06
AG
Another scene from the cutting room floor.
ellebee
What I got out of this is don't get direct tv.
Liquid Wrench
ellebee said:

What I got out of this is don't get direct tv.
It's fine as long you live in an area that never has wind or rain.
mazzag
AG
Loved this intro! As soon as I saw the paper shredding it took me back in time and I knew exactly where I was at. Telling folks they don't need to watch BB is out the window.
And the cell phone money mugging! Knew it was going to happen when they flashed to those kids watching him. Almost like he knew they would mug him and Kim would "nurse" him back. Thankfully his face was ok or else the parole officer or whatever, would ask more questions...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
S1E6 of BB -- Montage of Jesse selling meth at same locations Jimmy went. Next day, he brings Walt something...

https://imgur.com/gallery/wFCfnlu
AgGrad99
AG
Belton Ag said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Plus I'm sure they're not thrilled about the guy running his mouth about his past jobs; the last thing they want is this guy talking about this job sometime down the road.
That's what I thought as well. He told them exactly where the illegal tunnel was, that he dug before. Not smart.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.