*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,185 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I thought Werner was using his wife as an attempt to escape. When he initially made the request, I don't think he was ever planning on returning if it was granted. Once it was denied, I think he decided he needed another escape plan (bc he feared for his life once the job was done.)
Nobody seemed to give this much credence and I didn't think about it this way at the time while watching but I agree completely with this.

His "four or five days" would have turned into forever if Mike would have gone along with it. Of course Mike isn't that dumb but that's what he was angling for.
His "four or five days" speech also sounded REALLY rehearsed. So much so that I thought it was bad acting at first. I should have trusted Gilligan.

PatAg
AG
I wonder what Mike will tell the Germans to keep them working and finish the job without any fear of reprisal? Just tell them Werner got out and they couldn't track him down?

I feel confident that he will track Werner down and Gus will have him killed. This is also going to result in the Germans being killed when they are done as well.
DG-Ag
AG
PatAg said:

I wonder what Mike will tell the Germans to keep them working and finish the job without any fear of reprisal? Just tell them Werner got out and they couldn't track him down?

I feel confident that he will track Werner down and Gus will have him killed. This is also going to result in the Germans being killed when they are done as well.
I've been thinking this was Gus' plan all along.
Ag of Northern Virginia
1. Mike will go full measure on the Germans. Last time he went half measure was when he was a cop in Philly.

2. Anyone else think Werner was gay when they were at the bar a few weeks ago? Maybe it's just a Euro thing.
cajunaggie08
AG
Ag of Northern Virginia said:

2. Anyone else think Werner was gay when they were at the bar a few weeks ago? Maybe it's just a Euro thing.
No, and why the hell does it matter?
Old Tom Morris
If this were Showtime's Shameless, then maybe Mike eventually finds Werner in an ABQ gay bar, dancing on the bar while wearing a dress. But thankfully, it isn't
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
Not to belabor the point, but I've done construction work that required three month rotations in remote areas. I definitely recall having anxiety as the months went by, especially because there is a separation between labor and engineering. The isolation sucks, and the phone calls home only made things worse as a reminder of what you are missing. There were definitely a few engineers who went home on rotation and just never returned, we all had fantasies about leaving. And our conditions were considerably better than what these guys are going through. At some point, the lure of money doesn't matter and you want to just escape.
Duncan Idaho
cajunaggie08 said:

Northern Virginia is just happy to see someone like him on TV.
dave94
AG
DG-Ag said:

PatAg said:

I've been thinking this was Gus' plan all along.
I'm actually thinking that the rest of the Germans will finish the job and be sent back home just fine.

Gus can be ruthless, but these guys are really just doing the job they were paid to do, don't know where they are (assuming the strip club was cleared of TV's, etc. when they visited), and other than Kai being a d*ck, haven't made any waves.

I think Gus will honor the deal for them, but Werner not so much.
Burdizzo
AG
Ditto on that. I did a year in a backwoodsy Georgia town where I was the only person from my company on the ground. I had to direct a handful of marginal subcontractors on a construction project where we we always one mistake away from being at each other's throats. So between dealing with the tough client, my boss 1500 miles away, subs who were marginal, and my professional inexperience (2 years out of college) it was pretty stressful. This was the early 1990s so there were no digital cell phones, broadband, or publicly available intermet yet. I got to fly home every two weeks which meant I was in town long enough to wash clothes and pay bills before I was gone again. Back then I could pick up Aggie football on shortwave WRNO from New Orleans and read my 12th Man magazines, and that was about it . Reality was I didn't have much of a life there or at home. Life like that gets to be a real grind after a while.
TCTTS
AG
Are the black and white flash forwards only at the beginning of season premieres or are they at the beginning of season finales as well? I can't remember if we should be anticipating another flash forward come Monday or not...
hurleyag
AG
I believe they are at the end too.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I feel like they've "bookended" past seasons.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't believe we're at the finale already. Is it me or did the season fly by?
AgGrad99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can't believe we're at the finale already. Is it me or did the season fly by?
It really did. Seems like we just got started and Jimmy was passing out in Cinnabon
Bayside Tiger Ag
HerschelwoodHardhead said:

Not to belabor the point, but I've done construction work that required three month rotations in remote areas. I definitely recall having anxiety as the months went by, especially because there is a separation between labor and engineering. The isolation sucks, and the phone calls home only made things worse as a reminder of what you are missing. There were definitely a few engineers who went home on rotation and just never returned, we all had fantasies about leaving. And our conditions were considerably better than what these guys are going through. At some point, the lure of money doesn't matter and you want to just escape.
But did you or did you not sign an NDA to allow you on rotation? That's what's at stake here.
PatAg
AG
The reason I think they might all be offed, is how do they explain Werner disappearing and none of them ever being able to get ahold of him later. It just feels like they are setting it up for Mike to have to make a tough decision in regards to Gus' actions.
Of course that probably means something completely different will happen.
Tobias Funke
AG
aTmAg said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

But did you or did you not sign an NDA to allow you on rotation? That's what's at stake here.
Gus and Mike wouldn't be in their current predicament if they had done what I suggested. Sometimes it's fun being right all the time.

Signing an NDA would have had zero impact on what happened in this week's episode.

Hold on, do you think the act of signing an NDA makes it physically impossible for you to talk about what you're signing for? You didn't know what DBA stood for, so maybe this whole discussion is fundamentally flawed by your incorrect interpretation of "NDA".

Or maybe you're just obtuse and annoying?
oh no
AG
please don't quote him
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Pretty sure the hard on you guys have for him is every bit as annoying. Just ignore him and move on if you don't like what he writes.
Burdizzo
AG
As far as the crew knows, Werner flipped out and managed to escape. Whether or not he gets snuffed out will be a question mark unless Mike says something.

That said, I would not be surprised if all of them disappear never to be seen again.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

Pretty sure the hard on you guys have for him is every bit as annoying. Just ignore him and move on if you don't like what he writes.

We can't ignore him if people quote him.
Seven Costanza
AG
Heisenberg's first name was Werner. Now all I need to do is come up with some cockamamie theory on how this is relevant.
aTmAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

aTmAg said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Gus and Mike wouldn't be in their current predicament if they had done what I suggested. Sometimes it's fun being right all the time.

Signing an NDA would have had zero impact on what happened in this week's episode.

Hold on, do you think the act of signing an NDA makes it physically impossible for you to talk about what you're signing for? You didn't know what DBA stood for, so maybe this whole discussion is fundamentally flawed by your incorrect interpretation of "NDA".

My idea never was to have the German workers sign an NDA.

My idea was for Gus to hire Americans and to trick them into remaining silent by making them think they were working on a classified government project. With American workers, who go home at the end of every day, these problems would have never happened.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GreasenUSA
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

I thought they were making it obvious he's gay in the bar scene. Then he made up the story about having a wife as a front to get away. When that didn't work, he broke out of there.
Old Tom Morris
He was a guy that had been cooped up for 8-10 months with the same few guys. He had some beers and enjoyed friendly conversation with some folks he hasn't been in a cage with. I'm starting to think a few of you may have a case of the gay tho.
GreasenUSA
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

He was a guy that had been cooped up for 8-10 months with the same few guys. He had some beers and enjoyed friendly conversation with some folks he hasn't been in a cage with. I'm starting to think a few of you may have a case of the gay tho.
Wow, okay thanks. Who needs a discussion thread when we have wonderful comments like that?
Bayside Tiger Ag
GreasenUSA said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Wow, okay thanks. Who needs a discussion thread when we have wonderful comments like that?

Lighten up, Francis. You act like someone brought up an NDA in this conversation or something
GreasenUSA
AG
No clue. Haven't had time to read the whole thread.

I suspect Werner is hiding out at his gay bar buddy's house.
Liquid Wrench
Would be hilarious if that's the theory on this thread that turns out being right.
expresswrittenconsent
GreasenUSA said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I thought they were making it obvious he's gay in the bar scene. Then he made up the story about having a wife as a front to get away. When that didn't work, he broke out of there.

So you dont think his background credentials were checked by gus fring?
expresswrittenconsent
Speaking of Gus Fring, can we get a montage that covers a day in the life of Gustavo? Does he keep a Kavanaugh style calendar? He always seems almost equally dedicated to the chicken as the drugs. How does he do it all and still have time to make clam pasta dinners for friends?

Also, Lalo seems like a pretty interesting character to drop into the show. The looks on Nacho's face during the scenes with lalo and old man salamanca at the home and then at the chicken shack with lalo and gus were great. He conveys so much with just his eyes and no words.

Random questions - anyone a big enough soccer fan to confirm the German unis the guys were wearing were period correct? I assume they were, the show is usually fairly detailed with stuff like that.
Also, what kind of car was nacho driving when he took lalo to meet gus? I'm not a car guy, was that an AMC badge in the front grill?
AgFan131
An NDA for this project.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Also, what kind of car was nacho driving when he took lalo to meet gus? I'm not a car guy, was that an AMC badge in the front grill?
It looked like a Javelin AMX. That was AMC's entry in the muscle car market in the early 70's. I'm not a big car guy either, someone else might be able to elaborate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.