*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,181 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He grabbed the glove when he called Jimmy
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Holy crap...... holy crap it's Gale!!!!!
Know Your Enemy
DannyDuberstein
AG
LoL. Big plans in store for you, pal. Don't wanna get busted in the college lab cooking up a measly kilo.
saltyoldguy
AG
Okay, whats going on with Kim and the memory of Chuck. Please, please don't tell me they....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
G.B.!
oragator
saltgap said:

Okay, whats going on with Kim and the memory of Chuck. Please, please don't tell me they....
She's jimmy conscience,and his protector.
She cares about him losing his brother more than he does, and it looks like she might be starting to realize that.
Liquid Wrench
saltgap said:

they what?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Exactly. The letter is a window to before things got so tragically (and permanently) sideways between them. Seeing that contrast with what's happened + Jimmy reading it so matter-of-factly while he pounds down some cereal + she had at least some role in it, seems to be setting in.
Complete Idiot
Mesa Verde - not the good ol' family owned customer focused business. Focus on the dollar, expand and grow at all costs.

Jimmy - not the soft hearted man she remembers, losing the ability for human connections and too focused on the next scheme

It will come to a head I guess, and she'll bolt. She's principled and has a good heart.
Complete Idiot
Heisenberg really, really ****ed what Gus brilliantly built over the long play
Belton Ag
AG
Every time I see those two jackwagon twins I always chuckle and think to myself about how Hank took them out.
Complete Idiot
DannyDuberstein said:

Exactly. The letter is a window to before things got so tragically (and permanently) sideways between them. Seeing that contrast with what's happened + Jimmy reading it so matter-of-factly while he pounds down some cereal + she had at least some role in it, seems to be setting in.
Yeah, maybe this adds some additional flavor to what I was trying to say - maybe she blames herself for things and that drives her out of ABQ
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mike took one out.
Complete Idiot
Belton Ag said:

Every time I see those two jackwagon twins I always chuckle and think to myself about how Hank took them out.
I guess one semi redeeming quality of them was dedication to family, and they showed how Hector abused them as kids. But a bit more humanizing tonight with the blood donation. O Negative, the universal donor
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Walt had it made if not for that damn book.
oragator
Ervin Burrell
AG
Am I an idiot for thinking that Kim might have written the letter from Chuck (replaced what Howard gave her with something to lift Jimmy's spirits, and when he shrugs it off she breaks down). Couldn't tell if it was typed or not...I'm probably reading too much into her reaction.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Walt had it made if not for that damn book.

That was Gale's fault !!!!!!

FYI the writers never planned that way back then in S3 - that the book would be the downfall - in fact you never see Gale give it to Walt but it is heavily implied then. Had they planned it they likely would have overdone the focus on the book and it would have given it away. As it was Gale talked about his favorite poet/poem in it and later that episode you see Walt reading it. That was it until the end.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Or to put it this way, in her mind, Chuck was the heartless POS who never had his brother's back and that letter was sure to be a "**** you from the grave". And she always had Jimmy's back in their clash, including some of the actions that led to the end. But it turns out to be a nice letter (albeit from the mail room days) but Jimmy is able to dismiss it so heartlessly. They all played a part in it ending how it did. She's starting to feel the guilt and sadness that Jimmy isnt
Complete Idiot
Ervin Burrell said:

Am I an idiot for thinking that Kim might have written the letter from Chuck (replaced what Howard gave her with something to lift Jimmy's spirits, and when he shrugs it off she breaks down). Couldn't tell if it was typed or not...I'm probably reading too much into her reaction.
Good job nailing Chuck's voice if true, but I'm thinking it's legit. I suppose it was written years ago when Jimmy didn't have a law degree aka arming the monkey with a machine gun. So Chuck was OK with that arrangement.

But You may be right - Kim was very angry at Howard for dumping this **** on Jimmy and maybe this was her attempt to protect him, and she'd sad it seemed to have zero impact on Jimmy
DannyDuberstein
AG
Faking a letter just seems way off for her character, even if well intended. At the most, I think she would have buried it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Junkhead said:

Mike ain't no dum dum.

You know, it does make me wonder how Mike would get out of there, because he'd obviously figure out a way.

(Not that he wouldn't notice the guy's car out front, but let's ignore that part.)
DannyDuberstein
AG
Mike is no dummy. + you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure risking a B&E bust for a measly $4k when sitting on $800k doesn't make any sense. But he knew it was bad for Jimmy too. No sure things.
Liquid Wrench
I think another way to explain why Kim's upset is "if you don't know then I'm not going to tell you."
Ag_07
AG
I need a refresher...Who was cooking for Gus before Walt? Was it Gail?

I thought he brought him in after he decided he wanted to replace Walt/Jesse team.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Gale was the one who actually designed Gus's superlab, no?
TXAG 05
AG
Ag_07 said:

I thought he brought him in after he decided he wanted to replace Walt/Jesse team.

I think it was Gail that set up the underground lab and he was Walt's assistant at first but he sucked
Liquid Wrench
Yeah. And I don't remember if it was ever clear that Gus had been manufacturing his own, at least not for how long. Walt may have come into the scene just as Gus and Gale were getting ready to go with the laundromat.
The cartel still had the mega facility that we saw when they tried to keep Jesse in Mexico.
The Debt
Ag_07 said:

Negative. I dont think Gus was cooking at all. He was just a middleman to get drugs across the border for the cartel.

Cartels produce, gus imports, salamancas distribute.

It isnt until Walt disrupts the meth market and provides a better product do the salmancas lose their standing with the cartel. Tuco and the twins dying leaves all US operations for Gus.

Gus then acquires the competition, cooks in the basement. The cartel starts shooting at Gus for breaking the agreement. Gus offers them Jesse to make purer product. Let's all take a shot of tequila.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If I recall, Gale both set up the lab and was going to be the only cook, but he was so impressed with the purity of Walt's meth that he basically lost his mojo since his wouldn't measure up. Basically talked Gus into hiring Walt.
Ag_07
AG
So we're pretty damn close to the BB period
Liquid Wrench
TXAG 05
AG
The Debt said:

Ag_07 said:

Negative. I dont think Gus was cooking at all. He was just a middleman to get drugs across the border for the cartel.

Cartels produce, gus imports, salamancas distribute.

It isnt until Walt disrupts the meth market and provides a better product do the salmancas lose their standing with the cartel. Tuco and the twins dying leaves all US operations for Gus.

Gus then acquires the competition, cooks in the basement. The cartel starts shooting at Gus for breaking the agreement. Gus offers them Jesse to make purer product. Let's all take a shot of tequila.

Gus has someone cooking for him right now, since he had those samples that Gail tested. The whole fake hit with Nacho was to set it up for him to use his local source and make more money.
The Debt
Ag_07 said:

So we're pretty damn close to the BB period

I mean we arent even to Saul Goodman yet.

I would say we are at least three years away before Walter white. (Which I will predict will have a cameo, if it classifies as a cameo, either this season or the next.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.