*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,197 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's all true but I don't think Kim wants to get back to her roots. I think she's looking for something dirty on Mesa Verde. So much expansion so fast out of nowhere. Just my opinion. Or maybe I'm hoping for more of a plot twist than an attorney with a conscience? They don't exist.
ORAggieFan
Did anyone not have the random commercial break as the judge looked at Kim back in court and able to say what happened?
TXAG 05
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Did anyone not have the random commercial break as the judge looked at Kim back in court and able to say what happened?

It most likely was on purpose, to not give something away.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ORAggieFan said:

I just checked the online version... and it did the exact same thing. I'd say for brevity they cut out some meaningless statement that wasn't plot relevant.

mazzag
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Did anyone read before posting ?

FIFY. Glad it wasn't just me.
OldArmy71
AG
The judge had "threatened" to assign her as a public defender if he saw her in his court again. He is in the process of doing just that when the program cut off.
ORAggieFan
mazzag said:

ORAggieFan said:

Did anyone read before posting ?

FIFY. Glad it wasn't just me.

I read it happened to you. Just didn't see too many responses.
Old Tom Morris
People are looking for stuff that isn't there with Mesa Verde. Kim is having a career crisis and looking to get back to courtroom law roots vs someone that does corporate paperwork 100 hours a week. It's as simple as that.

What the judge was saying after returning to the courtroom was meaningless. The only thing that mattered was the focus on Kim coming back, looking to get put to work.

The show is great. Really enjoying it.
Big Cat `93
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Big Cat `93 said:

Listening to the judge eat was nearly more than I could handle.

BTW, wasn't he on "Benson"?
Holy cow you and I are old and share the same memory of worthless trivia
Heh.

My Dad and I loved that show. It was his voice that I remembered first.
Stive
AG
Can I get a reminder of what Gus was talking about with Mike at the end? The accusation?

What had Mike not told him about Nacho or screwed up with Nacho that Gus was suddenly aware of and wanting an explanation?
Old Tom Morris
Mike was going to kill Hector when Gus stopped him (the "Don't" note). But after Nacho's attempt, Gus realizes that Mike knew about Nacho's plan to kill Hector. So Gus is somewhat pissed at Mike, although Mike's response was "You told me not to kill him, not be his bodyguard."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mike had promised Gus he wouldn't kill Hector. (Remember the "don't" note ?)

Gus figured out that Nacho was trying to kill him with the pills, and correctly assumed that Mike knew about it, but told him nothing.

Tom beat me to it.
Stive
AG
Gotcha. Thanks.
UnderoosAg
AG
Gus was mad Mike didn't tell him about Nacho wanting to kill Hector. Mike said he wasn't supposed to kill Hector but that didn't make him his body guard.

Go back to the first cut away from the court where the dude no showed the first time. Prosecutor says they were ready to plea to a misdemeanor. They cut away mid-sentence and it sounds like "this case is 5hit".

Edit - everybody beat me to it.
Old Tom Morris
And now Mike is going to end up a doing a job that he otherwise wouldn't have, to basically make things good with Gus. He was fat and happy with his $800k and his cover job, but now he's gonna have to do some "make right" work. He was sharp enough to know to come clean right away, and also knows that he was lucky not to be killed right then, so he's gonna need to accept the job.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I kinda get the feeling that Mike was ready for a new job. He is still feeling the guilt over Matty's death and maybe something like that will get his mind off of it.
Old Tom Morris
He's just so cautious and has to know where more work for Gus leads from a risk perspective, but maybe the other stuff did grease the skids on his willingness a bit. Although at this point, his willingness is moot. He's doing this job or getting killed.
Burdizzo
AG
I didn't get a chance to watch Monday night so I will have to catch it on demand. Based on the number of responses on this thread I have not read yet I hope it was a good episode.
oh no
AG
security consultant for Madrigal seems to be paying just fine.
Complete Idiot
Old Tom Morris said:

People are looking for stuff that isn't there with Mesa Verde. Kim is having a career crisis and looking to get back to courtroom law roots vs someone that does corporate paperwork 100 hours a week. It's as simple as that.

What the judge was saying after returning to the courtroom was meaningless. The only thing that mattered was the focus on Kim coming back, looking to get put to work.

The show is great. Really enjoying it.
Well, I'm looking at it with two assumptions: Kim is not around Albuquerque during BB and that BCS is going to wrap up in 5 seasons - meaning things are going to be resolved and set up for BB time frame soon. My assumptions could be totally and completely wrong, for sure.

But given those assumptions, I don't see how Kim wanting to get back to courtroom law roots really moves this story forward. Unless, she decides to do that outside of Albuquerque. If she is on a path to return to courtroom law, Saul visits that courtroom in BB and we never get a mention or glimpse of Kim. Again, I know I'm working off assumptions for the future.

It could be she's disillusioned with big corporate law, wants to return to helping the everyman, and decides to do that in a different city after Jimmy continues to burn her emotionally. I'm guess I'm looking for something big that breaks Kim off from Jimmy and possible causes her to leave Albuquerque. Having said that, not sure what else the court room visits could mean - maybe she does land a fairy tale case like the one the Judge described when recounting the plot of The Verdict (that was a mild funny).
Old Tom Morris
No question that something drives them apart, or possibly results in her death. And I get looking for stuff. I just think the whole "Mesa Verde either is or ends up being part of a criminal enterprise" stands no chance of being it. But the "i don't want to be a 100 hour paper pusher" thing may drive her closer to what does end up being it. This path does seem a little more likely to be closer to the kind of law that Saul was practicing in BB (not that she'll go full TV ad ambulance chaser, but at least something closer to that type of law).
Complete Idiot
Maybe she gets back to public defender type law, something in that judge's court room with petty criminals, and keeps encountering people that know Jimmy. Or something that reveals what Jimmy gets involved with outside her knowledge, and she realizes some things that Chuck said about Jimmy were correct. I guess she also participated with Jimmy when running schemes on people in bars, but she has limits of what she'll tolerate. Kim may be looking for a noble purpose in her courtroom visits, Jimmy seems like he's trying to find his purpose as well and he'll most likely revert to his true nature. Chuck, elitist ******* and heartless brother that he was, had valid points.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Can someone remind me why Gus didnt want hector to be killed?
oh no
AG
I think Gus just wanted Hector to meet his own demise by his own mistakes. If Hector gets taken out by Mike or Nacho, or anyone else at this time, Don Eladio might think Gus did it and he'd be in the cartel's cross hairs. Gus now has the opportunity to "own" Nacho, but he also has to keep Nacho free from suspicion of causing Hector's stroke.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Gus wants him to suffer.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, Gus wants to slowly torture him over time- starting by slowly grinding his business to nothing and driving him nuts. Then Gus wanted to be the one to kill him in the end. That last part didn't quite work out for him.
traveler1
AG
Jimmy just discovered how to market products to people that just might have a criminal background.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
traveler1 said:

Jimmy just discovered how to market products to people that just might have a criminal background.
Yeah, I was chuckling when he was cleaning the glass case and staring down at all his future burner phones.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
traveler1 said:

Plus he now knows a lot about burner phones etc.

Loved that.

Although it was silly how fast he was just running his own store like day one. And his flip on declining and then accepting the job was also quick. But that's more of like his mental state although I was not sure why Kim wanting him to get therapy would trigger it. But he is all over the map. Cool how the guy paid him more and did not keep the extra and his reasons.
TXAG 05
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

traveler1 said:

Plus he now knows a lot about burner phones etc.

Loved that.

Although it was silly how fast he was just running his own store like day one. And his flip on declining and then accepting the job was also quick. But that's more of like his mental state although I was not sure why Kim wanting him to get therapy would trigger it. But he is all over the map. Cool how the guy paid him more and did not keep the extra and his reasons.

Based on the amount of traffic that store had, they probably just needed a body in there to open it up and close it down at night, and make a sale should someone actually show up.
mazzag
AG
Sounds like a great way to launder money.
TXAG 05
AG
mazzag said:

Sounds like a great way to launder money.

Definitely an option if you aren't into car washes or laser tag
Stive
AG
Don't you dare leave out a clean running Asian nail salon.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I remembered this. Just thought it was odd that Gus was so upset about Mike not telling him he knew that Nacho would try to kill Hector. Thought maybe I was missing something other than Gus wanting to be the one to kill Hector.
Old Tom Morris
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

traveler1 said:

Yeah, I was chuckling when he was cleaning the glass case and staring down at all his future burner phones.

I kept waiting for one to be a Hello Kitty phone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.