*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,175 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Koldus131
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

So Jimmy is happy that not only was his insurance move the trigger, he also managed to saddle Howard with a ****ton of guilt over it too? So win-win, i guess.

I took that as he went in to ultimate denial mode once he realized it was his call to the insurance that set everything in motion.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm guessing the chance Chuck left his estate to Louie the Lightning Bug is higher than the chance he left it to Jimmy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone figure out what Mike is doing?
oragator
I took the ending to be relief for jimmy when someone else took the blame for Howard's death. He was blaming himself, and as soon as Howard stepped in he could go back to being jimmy guilt free. Plus he got to stick it to Howard, who he didn't like either.
It was true jimmy.
oragator
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone figure out what Mike is doing?
Based on the scene alone in his house with nothing to do, I just thought he was bored and trying to justify a paycheck.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah. You're probably right.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Agree with both of oragator's posts.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree about Mike. I guess that makes sense about Jimmy being relieved that Howard is taking the blame/guilt for it. Seems a little odd that he focused on the insuramce and still felt that relief since he triggered it, but i guess i can see it given Howard ended up acknowledging it was dumb to draw a line over and took responsibility
BenFiasco14
AG
Loved this first episode!

The opening was great. Really curious if something was up with that cab driver or not.

The mike scenes were a highlight for me.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jimmy ice cold at the end.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Probably not but he had the ABQ air freshener and he seemed to recognize Jimmy/Saul so maybe something will come of that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, had the minor league Alb Isotopes freshener. Then Mike E was watching an Isotopes game on tv
oragator
DannyDuberstein said:

Agree about Mike. I guess that makes sense about Jimmy being relieved that Howard is taking the guilt for it. Seems a little odd that he focused on the insuramce and still felt that relief, but i guess i can see it.
He was tense asking about the insurance, afraid it was him. Once Howard took the blame his demeanor completely changed.
I agree it wasn't the perfectly sketched scene (especially by this show's standards), but in a way it was pure Gilligan and Gould. Take a heart rendering scene between 2 people and completely rip one of the people's hearts out.
It could also very well be the first true sign of Saul. Able to be a part of someone's death and rationalize it away with a smile and whistle.

It's funny, before the season , Odenkirk did an interview and said that the last ten seconds would be devastating, i was assuming someone died, and options were limited so I didn't post it, but this is way better.
BenFiasco14
AG
The big question mark for me is what ends up happening to Kim before the events of B.B.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Makes sense
aTmAg
AG
Mike was completing the front. He needed a way to justify his salary. If at some point they were audited and it was noticed that a big check going to somebody they hadn't heard of for doing no (legal) work, it would have raised flags. Now, that entire plant would know that he was a security consultant and those paychecks would go unquestioned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Worth mentioning that Mike had to have driven all the way to Houston.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

The big question mark for me is what ends up happening to Kim before the events of B.B.

Well I bet we will know by the end of season 5.
Texas 1836
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I drove bus said:

91_Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I keep hoping Jimmy will turn back and not keep going down the path of Saul, and yet I know it has to happen.

Damn these writers.

Same. But I still have hope in Cinnabon Jimmy. That's clearly heading somewhere, and hopefully he can find some kind redemption/peace in the end.
Kim shows up to buy a Cinnabon... but Jimmy doesn't recognize her because whatever happened to cause them to split sent her spiraling downward and she's been a meth addict for that last however many years have passed between then and cinnabon timeline. And yes it was the blue meth that got her hooked.

He feels sorry for her and hires her on at Cinnabon.

So she's Wendy from Breaking Bad?

Meth is a hell of a drug.

Big Al 1992
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

The opening was great. Really curious if something was up with that cab driver or not.

My guess it is just what Jimmy/Saul/Gene's life is now - totally stressed out and always thinking someone is out to get him - the receptionist, the cabbie, etc. He will always be looking over his shoulder.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Who actually would be out to get him though? Jack's neo nazi crew is all dead, the cartel is gone, Gus is gone, Walt is gone...
oragator
BenFiasco14 said:

The cool part is that nothing has to happen to her, just because she didn't appear in B.B. didn't mean she wasn't around,
But knowing how the writers operate, a devastating scene will come at some point.
Mr.Bond
Know Your Enemy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Who actually would be out to get him though? Jack's neo nazi crew is all dead, the cartel is gone, Gus is gone, Walt is gone...

Law enforcement?
oragator
Oh and no comments on "Reach for the stars"?
Sports-Ag
AG
Mike - Security Constant. That whole scene was great.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not necessarily out to get him, but I can only imagine the stress that goes with worrying about whether your fake identity has a hole that will finally be exposed, someone may recognize you and call the cops, etc. Has to be draining (or perhaps, panic-attack inducing).

The opening scene was so great. A hospital was a great setting to have his ID raise a question. So many possibilities for some sort of detail to surface that ties back to the original owner and raises a red flag - I thought it might have tagged a death record. Ends up nothing.
Complete Idiot
Big Al 1992 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

My guess it is just what Jimmy/Saul/Gene's life is now - totally stressed out and always thinking someone is out to get him - the receptionist, the cabbie, etc. He will always be looking over his shoulder.

Last scene of series the screen just cuts to Black?
Reno Hightower
That was cold blooded Jimmy.....or did we just glimpse Saul?
PatAg
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Big Al 1992 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Last scene of series the screen just cuts to Black?
Don't stop!!
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

He was basically consigliere for the largest drug kingpin in America. Though they haven't shown us, I assume the tape Hank and Jesse made was found by authorities, and that Jesse spilled the beans on Saul.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It sucks seeing Mike laundering the money for his family, knowing how he goes out and all the money gets seized.

******* it, Walt.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Worth mentioning that Mike had to have driven all the way to Houston.
Huh?
Know Your Enemy
AG
'Better Call Saul' Season Premiere Recap: Funeral for a Friend

Quote:

Did the cabbie recognize Gene as Saul? One clue is that he was played by Don Harvey, a busy character actor (he's one of the uniform cops on The Deuce), whom the production wouldn't have spent money to fly in from out of town for a nothing part.
Thought this nugget was interesting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Madrigal offices are in Houston.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.