*** Better Call Saul: Season 4 *** (SEE NOTE IN OP)

160,209 Views | 1458 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recall, I meant my post to be in reference to that theory not take credit for it. I should have put an emphasis on the "are."
aTmAg
AG
Junkhead said:

This idea is dumber than the NDA argument.
Every idea is dumber than the NDA argument.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Junkhead said:

This idea is dumber than the NDA argument.
Hence the emoticon used. I just supplied the pics - thought it was hysterical.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Oh I figured you were referencing it not taking credit - I was just providing context for those that might have missed it back then.
91_Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What's crazy is I don't think a single person saw that coming with Kim at the end.
Well.... the way they were setting that up with her looking glazed over in the meeting with the banking president guy and when Saul was talking to her while they were smoking, my immediate thought was She's gonna say "I wanna do it again!"

Old Tom Morris
Yeah, her mind wandering in that meeting and then immediately rejecting the Mesa Verde guy's ask when previously she's been "your-wish-is-my-command" with them definitely flashed some signs that she's into being Slippin Kimmy.
oh no
AG
she's burned out from the grind and countless hours going through regulatory approvals for opening bank branch offices. ...the easy going, fly by the seat of your pants, beat the system, get rich quick, slippin jimmy style is appealing during this burn out phase.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Thought that was a great episode, and loved seeing the scheme unfold. My only problem is why on God's green earth are Jimmy and Kim putting so much effort into saving Huell? I get that he's Jimmy's muscle and Kim is perhaps doing this for the rush, but that still doesn't seem like enough. Muscle can be easily replaced, and Kim didn't know Huell from Adam. Plus, it isn't like Huell put out an ultimatum - "I'll take y'all down with me if you don't get me out of this."
AgGrad99
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Thought that was a great episode, and loved seeing the scheme unfold. My only problem is why on God's green earth are Jimmy and Kim putting so much effort into saving Huell? I get that he's Jimmy's muscle and Kim is perhaps doing this for the rush, but that still doesn't seem like enough. Muscle can be easily replaced, and Kim didn't know Huell from Adam.
I think Jimmy's trying to help Huell.

I think Kim was initially trying to give Jimmy a hand, but then got personally ticked off when the prosecutor called Jimmy names. Kim took that personally, and wanted to punish her at that point.
Ervin Burrell
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Thought that was a great episode, and loved seeing the scheme unfold. My only problem is why on God's green earth are Jimmy and Kim putting so much effort into saving Huell? I get that he's Jimmy's muscle and Kim is perhaps doing this for the rush, but that still doesn't seem like enough. Muscle can be easily replaced, and Kim didn't know Huell from Adam.

I think Kim was initially trying to give Jimmy a hand, but then got personally ticked off when the prosecutor called Jimmy names. Kim took that personally, and wanted to punish her at that point.
Good point about the prosecutor calling Jimmy worthless. Had forgotten about that while writing my post.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

AgGrad99 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Good point about the prosecutor calling Jimmy worthless. Had forgotten about that while writing my post.

Not only that but Kim was protecting Jimmy.... remember Jimmy was going to go do something stupid if Kim did not represent him. He said he had an idea which I am sure was highly dishonest and/or would frame/ruin the cop. Kim's solution was more elegant and even if caught was more of a wrist slap than disbarment.

AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

Kim's solution was more elegant and even if caught was more of a wrist slap than disbarment.
Was it?

Jimmy was listing several offenses...like mail fraud, etc.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Kim's solution was more elegant and even if caught was more of a wrist slap than disbarment.
Was it?

Jimmy was listing several offenses...like mail fraud, etc.

well maybe but....

you'd have to try them for that - nothing they did was introduced as evidence into the court. they just decided to plea the charges down.

i would seriously doubt they kept any of that so proving it would be hard after the fact. even if you had them proving they wrote them, mailed them, etc. would be hard to do - you could prove they were not authentic but good luck proving they did it. the weak link being the postmaster in LA could ID jimmy i suppose.

i think jimmy was just being very gracious and trying to apologize like the asian lady told him to. and so he was emphasizing her contribution.

Sports-Ag
AG
Great episode. I don't know how Vince Gillian keeps doing it. Had to check the church website for myself and was greatness. Also, calling the number and hearing Jimmy as the pastor was nails.
Seven Costanza
AG
Do we have much backstory on Kim? She's smart, but doesn't seem "more than one generation from poor white trash".
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
UnderoosAg said:

I wonder if the heffy watson beer dude works for Mike. Who the hell is that bad at ordering a beer.
That struck a nerve with me to the point of wondering who the plant was. Although this is 2004 and the craft beer craze wasn't full on like now and it is ABQ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I actually thought he was toast when Mike walked in.
Burdizzo
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

UnderoosAg said:

I wonder if the heffy watson beer dude works for Mike. Who the hell is that bad at ordering a beer.
That struck a nerve with me to the point of wondering who the plant was. Although this is 2004 and the craft beer craze wasn't full on like now and it is ABQ.

Most people I knew in 2004 knew what a hefeweissen beer is, and Albuquerque isn't that much of a backwater.
PatAg
AG
Burdizzo said:

UnderoosAg said:

Most people I knew in 2004 knew what a hefeweissen beer is, and Albuquerque isn't that much of a backwater.
ironic
PatAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

What's crazy is I don't think a single person saw that coming with Kim at the end.
In hindsight, it makes more sense. I always wondered how somebody like Kim would be attracted to Jimmy. She's above his pay grade. Now it seems clear that she was attracted to his shady side.

I think they are trying to make it very clear that she has a strongly addictive personality. First it was work (the car crash), then it was smoking (happening more and more), and now she's getting her adrenaline high off of the scams. The difference between her and Jimmy is that Jimmy runs scams for a reason (get rich, get even, etc), and she seems to just enjoy doing it for the rush. She's much more likely to take it too far and I agree that this is how we see her world come apart.
Good insight into Kim. It's her proving she is smarter than the people she puts one over on
Complete Idiot
PatAg said:

Burdizzo said:

UnderoosAg said:

ironic
When trying to look "hip" goes wrong
Burdizzo
AG
Any beer served with fruit is gay as far as I care. I don't care how German it is. Pardon the eff out of me for not bothering to spell it right.

I bet you guys like soccer too.
Complete Idiot
The best hip is knowing how it is pronounced, kinda - not knowing how it is pronounced or knowing how to spell it is gay!!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Burdizzo said:

Any beer served with fruit is gay as far as I care. I don't care how German it is. Pardon the eff out of me for not bothering to spell it right.

Way to fall for the Bud Light marketing gimmick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's "gay" because you're insecure about your poor taste, and likely your sexuality too.
ellebee
I think jimmy dumps her for her own good once he realizes it is putting her livelihood at risk by being with him.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

I will never put fruit in my beer. Good God.

Texaggie7nine
AgGrad99 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Still seems like hell of a lot of trouble to go through to save Huell a year or so in jail.
7nine
Burdizzo
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's "gay" because you're insecure about your poor taste, and likely your sexuality too.

Who knew there were so many women posting on this thread? After you gals have your fun giggling over your spelling flame and your weak ass frootbeer, perhaps y'all can gather over on the Food and Beverage forum to discuss who has the best Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Tobias Funke
AG
If the middle-schoolers who have taken over the thread are done insulting each other...

What are you predictions on how things end with the Germans? Are they dead men walking?
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, once they started having Werner screw up in addition to Kai, I think their fate of being buried under the lab or the New Mexican desert seems to be more sealed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Yeah, once they started having Werner screw up in addition to Kai, I think their fate of being buried under the lab or the New Mexican desert seems to be more sealed.
Agreed. We will find out next week, though. The episode is titled Wiedersehen which is goodbye in German.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mike is going to load them up in the truck when all that is left on the lab is minor stuff. He's going to have the back of the truck sealed and gas them on the way to a hole in the ground in the remote desert.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Junkhead said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Agreed. We will find out next week, though. The episode is titled Wiedersehen which is goodbye in German.
well technically....

auf Wiedersehen means "until we see each other again" colloquially of course it means goodbye but always used with the "auf" part to my knowledge.

Wiedersehen would just mean "see you again" or "reunion"

I wonder if just using Wiedersehen has some other connotation then? Other than what we expect. This show the details matter and we tend to overanalyze as a result. I just find that omission curious.
The Milkman
AG
I found it odd that a german guy in a bar didnt know how to pronounce hefeweissen. Maybe he didnt know what is is... but should have known how to say it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.