***** WESTWORLD Season 2 (HBO) Official *****

261,099 Views | 2472 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone give me the scoop on future world? A lot of people have theories involving that but I'm not sure what it is exactly. It was a park in the original movie?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futureworld
AgLiving06
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futureworld

This part was interesting:

Filming

Much of the film was shot in the greater Houston area,[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futureworld#cite_note-6][6][/url] including Intercontinental Airport, Jones Hall, and the Johnson Space Center. The film includes a chase scene through the underground pedestrian Houston tunnel system that runs under the city.

Quinn
AG
The Lost said:

Quinn said:

BTW, do y'all think that Jimmi Simpson is gone from the show? I enjoyed his character, but I'm not sure how he fits in besides the occasional flashback. Don't think he's part of the main cast going forward.
In theory, hasn't he always been a flashback? Theres still alot about william we don't know
True. I guess I meant more so that we've seen a fairly completed arc for him:
- young and unsure, getting made fun of by BIL
- falls in love with a robot
- schemes to screw over BIL
- falls out of love with robot
- gets in FIL's good graces
- takes over FIL's business
- tries and fails to make a FIL robot

Not sure what else we need to see. Don't get me wrong, I have probably enjoyed his storyline/timeline the most out of any of the stories, I'm just not sure how it applies to the "present day" story.
Complete Idiot
Awaiting Roman World so we can ask how they can enable a non lethal mace blow.
AgLiving06
Quinn said:

The Lost said:

Quinn said:

BTW, do y'all think that Jimmi Simpson is gone from the show? I enjoyed his character, but I'm not sure how he fits in besides the occasional flashback. Don't think he's part of the main cast going forward.
In theory, hasn't he always been a flashback? Theres still alot about william we don't know

Not sure what else we need to see. Don't get me wrong, I have probably enjoyed his storyline/timeline the most out of any of the stories, I'm just not sure how it applies to the "present day" story.

I certainly think we will see more in the past with him and his daughter, especially now that she has joined up with him in the present.
bobinator
AG
Iiiiiiiiiiinteresting
emtes
AG

Here is this until Alt Shift X
The Lost
Quinn said:

The Lost said:

Quinn said:

Details. Sure we know his wife commits suicide, but you could do a lot with a scene about that and many others of his past that we may have hints about, but would be more poignant on screen. We know he doesn't like the man he's become as he mentioned with the attempt to put the guys brain in a host body, but they can go a ton of ways visually with it.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Delores's Delorean.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Quinn
AG
The Lost said:

Quinn said:

The Lost said:

Quinn said:

Details. Sure we know his wife commits suicide, but you could do a lot with a scene about that and many others of his past that we may have hints about, but would be more poignant on screen. We know he doesn't like the man he's become as he mentioned with the attempt to put the guys brain in a host body, but they can go a ton of ways visually with it.
Sure, but the suicide would be with Ed Harris, not Jimmi Simpson. Like I said, I would be happy to see more of him and more of the details, I just think his character will be taking more of a back seat going forward.
Complete Idiot
I hate myself - I rewatched the season 2 preview trailer for scenes that we haven't seen yet. Pretty jarring image of a character putting a gun to their own head.
bobinator
AG
Complete Idiot said:

I hate myself - I rewatched the season 2 preview trailer for scenes that we haven't seen yet. Pretty jarring image of a character putting a gun to their own head.
Whoa man, how did I miss that the first time around?

So, seeing as it's Thursday, what theories are y'all in and out on?
Leggo My Elko
AG
Quote:

Sure, but the suicide would be with Ed Harris, not Jimmi Simpson.
That assumes we know the timeline of that event. We see William's shoes run up the stairs, we don't know if it was old William in that scene. When Delos/James/William made the initial investment, what happened between him and Ford in the early years to get us to where we are now? A lot of backstory with young William we don't know can still be very important.
bobinator
AG
We know that his wife committed suicide recently.
Leggo My Elko
AG
bobinator said:

Do we? I must have missed that.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, in season one he says it happened "last year."

Since I asked the question, I'll kick off some thoughts on what I'm going to dub Theory Thursday:

- I'm warming up to the idea that William was replaced with a clone/host at some point prior to the events of the first season. Perhaps his wife could tell, and that's what drive her to her suicide. After all, he was basically a completely different person after he came to the park 30 years ago when they were engaged. She lived with that 'new William' for that long and just now decided to end it all?
ja86
AG
Logan before going out in a heroin induced blaze, steals data on Williams actions in the park in an effort to get back control of the company. Some how his sister sees it driving her into a depressive spiral leading to her suicide....

The Lost
bobinator said:

timeline fail. regardless i do think there are still plenty of opportunities for valuable flashbacks if the directors want to go that route
Dro07
AG
I am still leaning in the direction that he died at the end of season 1 and replaced at that time. He is the first one to get shot by awoken hosts right outside of the town so i think he died during that time. Meh just a guess.
bobinator
AG
I'm just not sure what the point of that would be.
amercer
AG
I think Bernard host that woke up on the beach and is now at the Mesa, isn't the real Bernard. He either transferred into another body (since we know he has backups) or distributed his consciousness via whatever that Cerebro machine at the cradle is.
bobinator
AG
amercer said:

I think Bernard host that woke up on the beach and is now at the Mesa, isn't the real Bernard.
Yeah, I'm all in on this. This is the "two timelines" theory of this season where at this point I'm going to be pretty shocked if it isn't true.

Now, what exactly is going on there, no idea. Is it someone else inside Bernard? Is it Arnold? Is all of that timeline a simulation? I think all of those things are possible.
amercer
AG
I think the Delos people know he's a host, but assume it's the real Bernard. They probably jacked with his settings before they woke him up on the beach, and figure he might be useful. (Which plays into angry in charge Delos dude trying to reactivate the drowned hosts)
emtes
AG
rejoice, alt shift x is up
bobinator
AG
Only thing in the Alt-Shift-X video that I don't think we caught is that bit about the different language thing being why Maeve's controls didn't work on the Ghost Nation.

emtes
AG
makes sense regarding Ghost Nation
bobinator
AG
For sure, it's a much simpler explanation than all the ones we came up with at the time, haha.
gomerschlep
AG
Man those are great, there's almost always about half a dozen things I totally missed.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

http://www.thisisinsider.com/westworld-timeline-spoilers-2018-4

Quote:

We did not include the scene of Bernard creating a control unit on Ford's orders in the secret facility, since that scene's placement in time is not yet known.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
WTF
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My mind is full of ****.
tk for tu juan
Baller move by Ford
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So, unless I'm missing something, it's basically confirmed now that post 2 week timeline is not real, right? We see the Delos team arrived this episode, whereas in the future timeline they supposedly arrive on the beach that day.
Buck O Five
AG
Quite the cast member surprise at the end.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.