*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

348,527 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
jdgilberg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/theconcourse.deadspin.com/why-is-hbo-refusing-to-deny-that-westworlds-robots-poop-1789763494/amp
jamaggie06
AG
Ha! I'm not the only one to question it!

And I was really be facetious. Playing off the many other irrelevant nuances people take exception to.

I love this show. It sucks we have to wait.
White Liberals=The Worst
Didn't Maeve walk up on the bandito guy in midstream just before convincing him to come to hell with her to rob the gods?
Breggy Popup
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

Didn't Maeve walk up on the bandito guy in midstream just before convincing him to come to hell with her to rob the gods?

Yep. The bots expel waste.
AlaskanAg99
AG
dlance said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

Yep. The bots expel waste.

Never know when a client is going to want a Hot Karl by one of Maeves' hoors.
redline248
White Liberals=The Worst
I always cringe when I see the bots slamming shots of bourbon. So wasteful.
SoTXAg09
AG
Eh, it's just bourbon.
Liquid Wrench
The Debt said:

RPM said:

Wow. Mind blown. Old Bill the malfunctioning bartender is Sir Guy of Gisbourne!

Also the villain in the crow.
Weird, looked him up the other night because Strange Days was on. He played the weird effeminate villain in that one. Also the weird effeminate villain in 1492: Conquest of Paradise, the terrible Columbus movie.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The Debt said:

RPM said:

Wow. Mind blown. Old Bill the malfunctioning bartender is Sir Guy of Gisbourne!

Also the villain in the crow.
And Rochefort from 3 Musketeers
PooDoo
AG
So Dolores is Wyatt?
plowboy1065
S
Yes, kinda. Arnold downloaded a Wyatt script to her to take out the host and himself
AlaskanAg99
AG
More rehashing of other great cinema.

Finkle is Einhorn

Delores is Wyatt, or commonly known as a Murder Bot.
Forum Troll
AG
LHIOB
AG
Here is a some stuff on the timeline of events

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/5gkbx7/just_discovered_westworld_official_present_time/

The massacre in the finale took place in 2052
plowboy1065
S
Who else thinks that Ford wasn't really killed but it was the host that was seen being built in his hidden lab?
Dro07
AG
and the real one is waiting for Maeve on the mainland?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Who else thinks that Ford wasn't really killed but it was the host that was seen being built in his hidden lab?

Not many people....because Anthony Hopkins is unlikely to be a in a long running TV series.

He signed on for 1 year.

Hate to bring reality into this but.....

Now that said....he could have and he'll be a cameo occasional appearance from here on out but how much value is there in that?

I'm just skeptical based on who he is. I wish it was......the only way he can do a recurring role is if they do the shoot in <3 months every 12-18 months like a movie. maybe.

I'd give it a 10% chance.

AtlAg05
AG
I could see a cameo, one of the hosts get off the island and they find him. Get a quick flashback to how he did it, him congratulating the host on becoming aware, and then a good luck speech.
MW03
AG
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the entire Westworld soundtrack/score is out now. 34 tracks.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/12/westworld-season-1-soundtrack-featuring-covers-of-radiohead-nine-inch-nails-and-the-cure-is-out-now-listen/

Main Title Theme - Westworld
Sweetwater
Black Hole Sun
Paint it Black
This World
No Surprises
Dr. Ford
A Forest
Reveries
Nitro Heist
Motion Picture Soundtrack
Freeze All Motor Functions
Pariah
Fake Plastic Trees
MIB
The Maze
House of the Rising Sun
Trompe L'Oeil
What Does This Mean
Something I Can Never Have
White Hats
Back to Black
No One's Controlling Me
Memories
No Surprises (Stride Piano)
Violent Delights
Someday
Sweetwater Stride
Do They Dream
The Stray
Bicameral Mind
Exit Music (For a Film)
Reverie
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Has the possibility of the piano music being host-altering binary code been brought up?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread since the finale aired. Gonna have a looot to catch up on.
redline248
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Has the possibility of the piano music being host-altering binary code been brought up?

Seems way too complicated.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Seems way too complicated.

you know how i know you don't know software programmers? lol

seriously....they (we) think they're all artists.

it can be 100% functional and correct and meet the design specs......but if it isn't elegant it's crap.
redline248
AG
I meant for the show. The piano is just to cue the audience that a new loop has begun.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
You are giving one of the most complicated shows on Tv too little credit; if anything it's too simple
TCTTS
AG
http://heroichollywood.com/westworld-season-2-guest-perspective/
Al Bula
AG

Quote:

Westworld wrapped up many of its mysteries nicely in the season 1 finale (my review here), from the Man in Black's identity to the true nature of the maze to whether it would get nominated for a Golden Globe. In season 2 however, though the park's safety features off and the hosts slaughtering humans in the first volley of their rebellion, some time will be spent flipping the perspective of the show to focus on the guests' experience.

Creators/showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy explained this to TVLine, saying season 2 will continue to explain and expand Westworld and the not-so-hypothetical other parks beyond it. While the writers had the answers to these questions, the fixed host perspective of the first season prevented much focus on them.
Yikes, that is some terrible writing. The internet isn't for pay-per-word drivel. I don't know why, but that writer's overly verbose review was hard for me to get through. Now that everyone has a keyboard and no one pays attention to journalism principles (the writer claims to be a trained journalist), internet writing is too long and very empty.

Rewritten in less than 100 words:
Quote:

Westworld wrapped up many mysteries in the season 1 finale. We now know the Man in Black's identity and the true nature of the maze. The finale also teased viewers with another period theme park and a full-on robot revolution.

Look for the next season to flip the show's perspective.

Showrunners Jack and Jill told TVLine season 2 will pivot from the host perspective and focus on the Westworld guest experience.

The Golden Globe-nominated series will return in 2018.

That review was written by a fan blogger not a journalist. Much like Ketch!
Tobias Funke
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread since the finale aired. Gonna have a looot to catch up on.

Heads up: about 80% of the pages since the finale are just posts from 5 people arguing the same point back and forth, and it ends with one of the writers settling the debate with an interview answer. So that might save you some time
White Liberals=The Worst
plowboy1065 said:

I think it's very possible. The only reason against it I see is that Anthony Hopkins is old and won't commit to 5-6 seasons drawn out over the better part of a decade. But i don't see why he wouldn't/couldn't do 1-2 more? I don't know the guy. Maybe he's LOVE to do another season or two?
PooDoo
AG
plowboy1065 said:

How hard would it be to make an exact copy of yourself? Little more muscle, hair, & dong.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Holy crap. Just finished the season. This show is amazing. HBO knows how to do TV
Btron
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

Holy crap. Just finished the season. This show is amazing. HBO knows how to do TV

You should check out John from Cincinnati. One of HBO's hidden gems
AgLaw
AG
Btron said:

derekjohnson15 said:

You should check out John from Cincinnati. One of HBO's hidden gems
I actually like John from Cincinnati.
TX_AG_10
AG
Well, I just finished the season and it was awesome! I enjoyed following this thread even though it wasn't active at the time I watched.

If there is anyone who is interested in following from here on out, I went ahead and bookmarked where the discussion starts for each episode so you don't have to sort through 70+ pages.

Lots of good insight and interesting view points!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.