*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

351,628 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

PooDoo said:

Isn't this whole park a repulsive concept?

Sexbots, victimbots, & murderbots. Gross if you think about it.
Are you aware of the number of people that play games like Red Dead Redemption, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, or any other number of games like that?

This seems much along the same line, only in person.

I feel like that is a big difference.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

PooDoo said:

Are you aware of the number of people that play games like Red Dead Redemption, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, or any other number of games like that?

With VR being the new landscape for gaming, it's not that far off in concept.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

PooDoo said:

With VR being the new landscape for gaming, it's not that far off in concept.
True. But it's still not the same as being in person. Maybe it is though, I've never used a VR headset, and from all reports, it's a game changer (pun intended).
jabberwalkie09
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

True. But it's still not the same as being in person. Maybe it is though, I've never used a VR headset, and from all reports, it's a game changer (pun intended).
You're approaching this from the mindset that you would walk into the situation (like Jimmi Simpson's character has) with the knowledge that the environment is basically one giant open world game environment treating everything and everyone regardless of it being a park/game environment as you would in the real world. I think it's a mistake to assume that others would have the same qualms with the knowledge that the environment has, essentially, no consequences.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I just find it hard to believe these rich wannabe rapists, murderers, and sadists don't mind park operators watching everything they do, and having "incriminating" footage. Maybe corporate's real agenda is blackmail.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
I'm sure it's private wherever the action really goes down.
PooDoo
AG
With VR you aren't sharing a sexdoll with the rest of the park guests.
AliasMan02
AG
There's obviously a lot of psychology at work. The park sucks people in (by design) and they lose themselves in the fantasy, forgetting to be guarded. Maeve is a great example, using her perception and silver tongue to get guests to "dive in." Just look at how the guests talk to and interact with the hosts, generally. Most apologize if they bump then, react to their distress, etc.
AliasMan02
AG
PooDoo said:

Virtually every major tourist destination in the world actively and legally offers prostitutes to guests, which is way grosser.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AliasMan02 said:

PooDoo said:

Virtually every major tourist destination in the world actively and legally offers prostitutes to guests, which is way grosser.
Strange...I was never offered prostitutes at Disney World...or Universal...actually I've never ever been offered a prostitute once on vacation anywhere in the world - except Vegas and that was just flyers on the strip.

I think (someone) must be actively looking for that.

ja86
AG
it seems i have been going to the wrong tourist destinations.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm just saying that for most of the world, a guy going on vacation includes his partaking in the flesh trade as a matter of course. That whole industry involves sharing women with hundreds of other dudes. When looked at it like that, the hosts aren't nearly as gross.
ac04
AliasMan02 said:

I'm just saying that for most of the world, a guy going on vacation includes his partaking in the flesh trade as a matter of course.

i'm not sure that's correct.
AliasMan02
AG
ac04 said:

AliasMan02 said:

I'm just saying that for most of the world, a guy going on vacation includes his partaking in the flesh trade as a matter of course.

It's not for most Americans or inside the US (except for Vegas,) but for most of the world? Absolutely.
Ambres
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ac04 said:

AliasMan02 said:

It's not for most Americans or inside the US (except for Vegas,) but for most of the world? Absolutely.
Heck yea.. one time in Disney Tokyo .. my wife asks to be petted by Goofy. .. umm oh wait umm..
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell of an episode. Might be my favorite yet.
Al Bula
AG
What song was playing on the piano this time?

Ed Harris is a high roller! Gets his own incendiary blasts on demand. Good stuff.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
That was awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any theories on the role MIB's foundation will play, if any?
Rocagnante
AG
I think it was A Forest by The Cure.
Goldie Wilson
Thought this episode was a little slower than the first 3. Interesting tidbits into MIB's backstory though.
3rdGen2015
AG
Agree. Less world building this time, more setting up the plot for the rest of the season. Can't wait for next Sunday already!
amercer
AG
Everyone is in the same timeline?

Except maybe Logan and William who are in the future? Or is Logan the board member?

Oh and maybe Bernard is a robot after all--and maybe his boss knows EVERYTHING he is doing...
amercer
AG
Also Hopkins is a badass
schmendeler
AG
RPM said:

What song was playing on the piano this time?

Ed Harris is a high roller! Gets his own incendiary blasts on demand. Good stuff.

Like an in game purchase or like calling in air support in call of duty or something.
BassCowboy33
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Any theories on the role MIB's foundation will play, if any?
He has something to do with Arnold and Hannibal Lector.
BassCowboy33
amercer said:

Except maybe Logan and William who are in the future? Or is Logan the board member?

Oh and maybe Bernard is a robot after all--and maybe his boss knows EVERYTHING he is doing...
I'm intrigued at who this board member is.
amercer
AG
MIB is the board member, and that's why Hopkins is meeting him in the next episode?
HeadGames
AG
Does anyone have a running list of songs the playin piano has played so far? I got Black Hole Sun, The Stones, and radiohead? I think I'm missing two.

Also, Hopkins and Harris are amazing.
MW03
AG
That scene with Dr. Ford on the plantation was intense
PooDoo
AG
What did MiB Jr tell William about bringing him into the family business?
TCTTS
AG
Don't know if I quite buy this, but interesting nonetheless...

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/westworld-episode-4-dolores-flashbacks-theory
TCTTS
AG
But the fact that in both Logan and MiB's storylines their corporations/foundations were mentioned, and that the MiB and Delores are both seemingly about to find the maze, etc. - I don't know, it all seems connected on a deeper, multi-timeline level for sure.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, and if I wasn't completely convinced after last episode, I'm all in after this one... Bernard is a robot, no doubt. Ford coyly saying that Bernard has a "sympathetic disposition" sealed it for me, as did that entire conversation, basically.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
amercer said:

I'm very confused with all this talk of different timelines on this thread. There has been absolutely no indication on this show that each event is not taking place in semi-concurrent fashion. The security portion of Westworld even discusses in this episode how Delores is off her path while hanging out with Logan and William. Where are you people getting these theories?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.